By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Specifications rumored to be the same as the X360 now?Update posted in forum not OP. Rumor Busted!

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Roma said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
VGKing said:
oni-link said:
yeah...I believe it...the same way they said that the 3DS is technically equivalent to the PSP!!! (sarcasm to those who can't tell) I'll wait until the system gets released before believing these said rumours!!!

Technically the 3DS isn't more more powerful than a PSP. With 3D turned on the resolution is cut in half. So the 3DS and PSP are very similar in terms of power.

well, just from Monster Hunter and RE, and many other games, 3DS seems to have clearly better graphics, and 3D makes them even better

I didn't know the 3D outputs half the resoution, everything seems much clearer to me with the 3D turn on, why is that?

about the topic, I'm completely confused, is this rumor good or bad!?

Dude Nintendo has tricked us in to believing that those games look far better than those on PSP. Technically its just a PSP with an extra screen and 3D as an extra!

I cannot tell if you are sarcastic or not  : P

yes i was sarcastic :)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Can't be arsed to read through these 7 pages so apologies if someone has already debunked this rumour before me.

Firstly IBM have confirmed that it's a Power7-based CPU, not a PowerPC CPU.

And secondly having 768 megabits of eDRAM (96 Megabytes) on-die is not going to happen for two reasons: 1) It's going to result in a HUGE GPU and 2) It's going to cost a small bloody fortune.

It's likely to be a modified Power7 tailored to gaming with four or five cores disabled and 16Mb eDRAM. If they've decided on a triple core then there'll be some beneficial trade-offs likely to be a clockspeed of 3.0GHz or more and perhaps 24-32Mb of eDRAM. Either way it's going to be considerably more powerful than the Xenon and Cell. We're talking about a Power7-based chip here. Whether they opt for three or four cores we can expect 1 core to be reserved for the system with developers having access to the rest.

The GPU has been confirmed to be a modern Radeon HD so we're looking at anything from the 4000 series onwards with twice the bandwidth as the X1900 in the 360 and the 7800 GT in the PS3 thanks to a 256 bit bus and unless Nintendo completely lose the plot no less than 1Gb of GDDR3.

The U is going to be 4 or 5 times more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

BS

Read my link in my sig for most accurate WiiU specs.

Its definitely gonna be a good portion more powerful than PS360 and probably less than neXtBox and PS4.

Every reliable rumor on hardware has had a solid boost on CPU and GPU.

Roma said:

how can it be the same as 360 yet run all of its games in 1080p natively? so we now ignore the 50% more powerful than 360 and PS3 rumors cuz this sounds better to the haters right?

yeah thats sound about right :P

Well being able to achieve 1080p for all games doesn't mean its 50% more powerful.

Eitherway, I'm not expecting Nintendo to raise the bar much higher than the HD twins simply to keep price down.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

spurgeonryan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well being able to achieve 1080p for all games doesn't mean its 50% more powerful.

Eitherway, I'm not expecting Nintendo to raise the bar much higher than the HD twins simply to keep price down.

Are you saying much higher than they are right now, or higher than the 720 and PS4 are supposed to be?

The seventh gen HD twins ofcourse.

The Wii U is a tiny console. I'm not expecting anything too cutting edge.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
spurgeonryan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Are you saying much higher than they are right now, or higher than the 720 and PS4 are supposed to be?

I agree with your first sentece, but not completely on the 2nd one. I expect next XB/PS to be also smaller, more power efficient and silent than their predecessors, looking good and being eco friendly is a benefit for brand image. but mostly I expecting this because next gen consoles will probably get 32nm processors, maybe even 22nm, those can be much more powerful than the actual ones while also being cooler.

Merry Christmas ,Christmas top gift
everybody, the good shoping place, the new season approaching, click in.
Welcome to ==== http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com ==
Air Jordan (1-24) shoes $35
UGG BOOT $50
Nike shox (R4, NZ, OZ, TL1, TL2, TL3) $35
Handbags ( Coach Lv fendi D&G) $35
T-shirts (polo, ed hardy, lacoste) $16
Jean (True Religion, ed hardy, coogi)$34
Sunglasses ( Oakey, coach, Gucci, Armaini)$15
New era cap $16
Bikini (Ed hardy, polo) $18
FREE SHIPPING
http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com

http://www.fashion-long-4biz.com

Mr Puggsly said:
spurgeonryan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Size doesn't tell you shit, so yeah...

Play4Fun said:
Mr Puggsly said:
spurgeonryan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Size doesn't tell you shit, so yeah...

The size of the hardware makes but a little difference, it is in how the engineers use the hardware......

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

The eDRAM claim invalidates the whole thing. eDRAM is on-die cache, and would be found in amounts like 8MB, not 768 or 96.