By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XenoBlade coming to US! =D ...... Gamestop exclusive....

Onibaka said:
It's impressive to see Nintendo fans desperated for games.....how far they reach.

IMO Xenoblade is the worst game of my collection. I play a lot of RPGs and this is one of the worst that I played.
I was embarrassed when I played for the first time. It's funny seeing people rating it as AAA+, when this is a game probably with B- in production-wise.
What killed me was the animations...especially the walking/running/jumping ones. Worse than a lot of PS1 games.

Now I understand why Nintendo didn't released in the west before. Even Nintendo has a little shame and was embarrassed to release in west, but seeing demand...why not? Even Nintendo thought that their fans were a little less blind than expected.

(repeating: In My Opinion)

Are you fucking kidding me?

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
Are store exclusives unheard of in the US? They happen on a fairly regular basis here in the U.K; off the top of my head, Solatorobo was a GAME exclusive and the Wii version of NBA Jam was only available at HMV.

no they are not, GS has done it a few times, which is why i find it strange that people are tripping

MrT-Tar said:
Onibaka said:
It's impressive to see Nintendo fans desperated for games.....how far they reach.

IMO Xenoblade is the worst game of my collection. I play a lot of RPGs and this is one of the worst that I played.
I was embarrassed when I played for the first time. It's funny seeing people rating it as AAA+, when this is a game probably with B- in production-wise.
What killed me was the animations...especially the walking/running/jumping ones. Worse than a lot of PS1 games.

Now I understand why Nintendo didn't released in the west before. Even Nintendo has a little shame and was embarrassed to release in west, but seeing demand...why not? Even Nintendo thought that their fans were a little less blind than expected.

(repeating: In My Opinion)

Apart from animations, what were the other problems with the game?

Also, the bolded is incorrect.

Considering his inability to comprehend simple grammar or spelling I suspect the game was too complex for him.

Soriku said:
Looks like the game has a new logo for the NA release:

I could swear I've seen that logo in the EU version...

...several times.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Maybe that game wasn't for me. I REALLY didn't liked it.

The character models are not very good too. The children are very very weird(maybe...like mini-adults). Not to mention that the quality of the models are very ugly too. The textures are bad for a Wii game.

I usually don't care too much for graphics. In this moment i am even playing Tactics Ogre in PSP(originally a SNES game). But in Xenoblade case I really can't stand for its graphical quality....the characters are so ugly....I can't support seeing that character walking anymore....i fell constrained playing it. The story didn't caught me.

I never played other Xenoblade games. But even if Chronicles is considered a good game(maybe it really is) and rpg I can't accept it being a masterpiece or a AAA game(it's even unfair for games like Zelda: TP)

Around the Network

Also- Just realised that video is the same one from the UK on the eShop.

Still love it though.

Soriku said:
Conegamer said:
Soriku said:
Looks like the game has a new logo for the NA release:

I could swear I've seen that logo in the EU version...

...several times.

This is EU's:

NA's is slicker.

Hmm...looks like the Chronicles has changed then.

I like them both. Clean, clear and to the point.

Onibaka said:

I never played other Xenoblade games. 

Your argument just lost whatever credibility (if any) it had left

Onibaka said:
Maybe that game wasn't for me. I REALLY didn't liked it.

The character models are not very good too. The children are very very weird(maybe...like mini-adults). Not to mention that the quality of the models are very ugly too. The textures are bad for a Wii game.

I usually don't care too much for graphics. In this moment i am even playing Tactics Ogre in PSP(originally a SNES game). But in Xenoblade case I really can't stand for its graphical quality....the characters are so ugly....I can't support seeing that character walking anymore....i fell constrained playing it. The story didn't caught me.

I never played other Xenoblade games. But even if Chronicles is considered a good game(maybe it really is) and rpg I can't accept it being a masterpiece or a AAA game(it's even unfair for games like Zelda: TP)

Seeing as you only care about graphics I doubt you are much older than when PS2 released, that's fine, your generation has a different mentality. It's not your fault you didn't experience the classic games of the 90's.

i'm happy for you american guys :D i already played the game twice in a row and it's absolutely great, not only the best jrpg of this generation but it's now in my 3 favourites jrpgs of all times, together with chrono trigger and skies of arcadia.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!