By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XenoBlade coming to US! =D ...... Gamestop exclusive....

PSaiki said:
oniyide said:
PSaiki said:
To everyone who was complaning about not release in this side of the world and blablabla........

You better BUY THE FUCKING GAME, things probably will get worst in core game department of Nintendo if this doesn't sell well.

Umm its kinda gonna be hard to sell that much when its only being released in one damn chain store. BUt im not complaning, I will be getting this. We can lay off Reggie a bit. 

I think it will be something like "a exclusive limited edition " , it doesen't make any business sense keep in just one cahin store.

I will be getting this too, I complained, did my part; it's being released, now  have to do my part again.  =D

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all reports i have read, said it will be in fact a GS exclusive, period.  It does make sense, if Ninty didnt have much faith in this in the first place, why send it out to multiple stores if they think it will just sit there on the shelves? With GS they know people who are really into games shop there, and they will most likely pick it up from there. Its better than nothing. And i think you can still order it directly from Ninty's website if you cant stomach GS

Around the Network
oniyide said:
PSaiki said:
oniyide said:
PSaiki said:
To everyone who was complaning about not release in this side of the world and blablabla........

You better BUY THE FUCKING GAME, things probably will get worst in core game department of Nintendo if this doesn't sell well.

Umm its kinda gonna be hard to sell that much when its only being released in one damn chain store. BUt im not complaning, I will be getting this. We can lay off Reggie a bit. 

I think it will be something like "a exclusive limited edition " , it doesen't make any business sense keep in just one cahin store.

I will be getting this too, I complained, did my part; it's being released, now  have to do my part again.  =D

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all reports i have read, said it will be in fact a GS exclusive, period.  It does make sense, if Ninty didnt have much faith in this in the first place, why send it out to multiple stores if they think it will just sit there on the shelves? With GS they know people who are really into games shop there, and they will most likely pick it up from there. Its better than nothing. And i think you can still order it directly from Ninty's website if you cant stomach GS

You can.  They said the pre-orders will begin on Dec. 19th.  They already have a page for it:  just go to http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4

Are store exclusives unheard of in the US? They happen on a fairly regular basis here in the U.K; off the top of my head, Solatorobo was a GAME exclusive and the Wii version of NBA Jam was only available at HMV.

Good news for American Wii owners. Althought it well never sell like Zelda, I hope they move a substantial number of copies of this masterpiece. I think 150,000-200,000 would make all parties involved very happy.

It's impressive to see Nintendo fans desperated for games.....how far they reach.

IMO Xenoblade is the worst game of my collection. I play a lot of RPGs and this is one of the worst that I played.
I was embarrassed when I played for the first time. It's funny seeing people rating it as AAA+, when this is a game probably with B- in production-wise.
What killed me was the animations...especially the walking/running/jumping ones. Worse than a lot of PS1 games.

Now I understand why Nintendo didn't released in the west before. Even Nintendo has a little shame and was embarrassed to release in west, but seeing demand...why not? Even Nintendo thought that their fans were a little less blind than expected.

(repeating: In My Opinion)

Around the Network
Onibaka said:
It's impressive to see Nintendo fans desperated for games.....how far they reach.

IMO Xenoblade is the worst game of my collection. I play a lot of RPGs and this is one of the worst that I played.
I was embarrassed when I played for the first time. It's funny seeing people rating it as AAA+, when this is a game probably with B- in production-wise.
What killed me was the animations...especially the walking/running/jumping ones. Worse than a lot of PS1 games.

Now I understand why Nintendo didn't released in the west before. Even Nintendo has a little shame and was embarrassed to release in west, but seeing demand...why not? Even Nintendo thought that their fans were a little less blind than expected.

Apart from animations, what were the other problems with the game?

Also, the bolded is incorrect.

It has actually been confirmed now.

Congrats Americans. You're gonna be 9 months late to the party, but well done.

Now, make sure it sells more than 3 copies OK?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

JTurner82 said:
oniyide said:

You can.  They said the pre-orders will begin on Dec. 19th.  They already have a page for it:  just go to http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4

I am from Brasil.

I know GS doesn't export to Brasil, so i can't buy from them.

Does someone know if NOA sells to latin american countries?

Onibaka said:

I don't get it. Xenoblade was one of the best JRPG's in decades, if not ever. I don't get the issues. Sure, the animations were....ropey, but that was it. Everything else (locations, length, music, gameplay, difficulty, sidequests) seemed next to perfect.

spurgeonryan said:
Galaki said:
Unless gamestop "fund" the exclusivity? Can you even do that as a retailer?

Back in the 64 days they had some games only made as rentals so i do not see why this would not work. Gamestop can just go off pre orders. Then maybe order a few extra per store. if it sells well i am sure Nintendo would do more.

You can buy it directly from Nintendo, you know:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/09LPao0thCWTobgndPH5UTuz4zsz63F4

Also- Cool video