By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Star Trek Vs. Star Wars! "Truce talks are in the works" Didn't expect that did you KAZ?

Tagged games:

So what is it?

Star Wars 68 48.57%

Star Trek 51 36.43%

A nice booty 6 4.29%

This is like comparing Ap... 11 7.86%

other 4 2.86%

Total:140

Star Trek wins for me though I like both franchises.

I love the original Star Wars Trilogy. Well, who doesn't...it's pop culture for a reason.

I love Star Trek DS9, TNG and TOS. Plus a few of the movies (the first one from 1979, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact).

I hate Star Trek Nemesis with a passion. Way more than the 2nd Star Wars trilogy which was just redundant, soulless and easily neglectable. Nemesis on the other hand was such a terrribly written movie that it killed one of the greatest franchises and made a reboot necessary.

My most favorite character from both franchises combined is not Chewie, R2D2, Han, Vader, Spock, Picard, Worf or Data - it's Quark, the coolest Ferengi in the Alpha Quadrant and the best SciFi character ever created (not counting Bender). Quark is one of the reasons why DS9 became my most favorite SciFi series.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
okr said:
Star Trek wins for me though I like both franchises.

I love the original Star Wars Trilogy. Well, who doesn't...it's pop culture for a reason.

I love Star Trek DS9, TNG and TOS. Plus a few of the movies (the first one from 1979, The Undiscovered Country, First Contact).

I hate Star Trek Nemesis with a passion. Way more than the 2nd Star Wars trilogy which was just redundant, soulless and easily neglectable. Nemesis on the other hand was such a terrribly written movie that it killed one of the greatest franchises and made a reboot necessary.

My most favorite character from both franchises combined is not Chewie, R2D2, Han, Vader, Spock, Picard, Worf or Data - it's Quark, the coolest Ferengi in the Alpha Quadrant and the best SciFi character ever created (not counting Bender). Quark is one of the reasons why DS9 became my most favorite SciFi series.

I DO NOT know how they could get it so wrong after First contact. Those nect two movies really did destroy it for TNG. @ Kaz Voyager was not your guilty pleasure?

Not particularly... the only character I really liked was the Holographic Doctor because he seemed like the only one with a real personal stuggle or philosophical problem, and ironically he was the artificial intellegence.

Not that Star Trek shows have been high on character development and conflict (outside DS9), however.... Voyager was a ship of two groups who were philosophically oposed the Federation and Makee (Sp?), stranded FAR away from all their loved ones, and added a NUMBER of alien crewmembers including one borg.

How there was never any conflict outside of like one episode of predjudice to 7 of 9 is RIDICULIOUS.  The entire first season or two should of been focused on how the Federation and Makee see things differently and how Janeway needed to win the Chakotee and the Makee's trust even though they had very different ways of doing things.

Salnax said:
Why compare them? They're barely in the same genre!

They're actually not in the same genre. Star Trek is obviously science fiction while Star Wars is fantasy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

MrBubbles said:

star wars is better and voyager is the best star trek.  additonally, janeway is better than both kirk and picard put together.  janeway murdered one of her own crew and would murder you too, if you say otherwise.

Now there's a rare opinion

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
MrBubbles said:

star wars is better and voyager is the best star trek.  additonally, janeway is better than both kirk and picard put together.  janeway murdered one of her own crew and would murder you too, if you say otherwise.

No kidding. I've seen almost every ST episode ever made (except for two seasons of Voyager I still need to watch) and Voyager, without a doubt, is the worst Trek show ever made. It is so boring. Janeway kicks ass but after that, the show has little to offer. I'd rank the Trek shows like this:

1. TNG (Picard and a very strong cast powers this to the top of the list)
2. DS9 (would probably be number one if it didn't try to slowly suck the life out of the audience in seasons 1-3)
3. Enterprise (really, this show is pretty underrated, a lot of shit goes down in it)
4. TOS (campy, fun at times, but really, really dated at this point)
17. Voyager

Around the Network

Star Wars without a doubt.

There's just too many of areas of Star Trek which put me off, like the last "Enterprise" series, Star Trek in general has had many great shows & parts, like Data, The Doctor, I loved the Voyager series, but some areas of Star Trek just tear down the franchise a notch.

rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
MrBubbles said:

No kidding. I've seen almost every ST episode ever made (except for two seasons of Voyager I still need to watch) and Voyager, without a doubt, is the worst Trek show ever made. It is so boring. Janeway kicks ass but after that, the show has little to offer. I'd rank the Trek shows like this:

2. DS9 (would probably be number one if it didn't try to slowly suck the life out of the audience in seasons 1-3)
3. Enterprise (really, this show is pretty underrated, a lot of shit goes down in it)
17. Voyager

See, i quite liked voyager (some abuse of plotholes and Chakotay's actor, Robert Beltran, was deliberately phoning it in..., but the subplots with The Doctor, the varied cast of enemies, and some of the stuff they did with 7 of 9 was pretty cool), but anyone who has seen TNG cannot deny its supremacy within the franchise

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I like certain elements of Voyager and I need to watch the last two seasons but the first three seasons are so fucking wretched that only a DS9 level of awesome can save the show at this point (and with one ship wandering the galaxy, it's impossible to start something akin to the Dominion War, the only saving grace of DS9).

Mr Khan said:
rocketpig said:
Mr Khan said:
MrBubbles said:

17. Voyager

See, i quite liked voyager (some abuse of plotholes and Chakotay's actor, Robert Beltran, was deliberately phoning it in..., but the subplots with The Doctor, the varied cast of enemies, and some of the stuff they did with 7 of 9 was pretty cool), but anyone who has seen TNG cannot deny its supremacy within the franchise

Watch me.  I deny it.

the words boring, dull, and lame spring to mind at the thought of the the next generation or (the majority of) its characters.

and clearly the most accurate list of how good the shows were goes voyager>enterprise>ds9>next generation>original

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

Watch me.  I deny it.

the words boring, dull, and lame spring to mind at the thought of the the next generation or (the majority of) its characters.

and clearly the most accurate list of how good the shows were goes voyager>enterprise>ds9>next generation>original

I don't understand how you can use the word "boring" about Star Trek in the same sentence that defends Voyager.

The first two seasons of Voyager are the most boring seasons of Star Trek ever filmed. They're even worse than the first two seasons of DS9, which is saying something. Together, those four seasons are completely unwatchable television.

And calling TNG's cast lame when Voyager had Neelix? Oh, come on... Janeway was awesome and The Doctor was pretty cool. Outside of those two characters, the original Voyager cast is the very definition of lame.