By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

yay, Zelda is No1 : )

the pre-order were very off, but it will most likely have more legs than other Zelda games, hopefully Ocarina 3DS legs, since they are both selling at the same time

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Ethomaz, do you know anything about GT5 numbers? It was making 35k per week before Nov wasn't it?

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

aavidbacon said:
Ethomaz, do you know anything about GT5 numbers? It was making 35k per week before Nov wasn't it?

The new vgc chartz stooped my tracking...

The last I have is Week 49: 6,718,626

This week is Week 53... so in the last four weeks GT5 sold 130,824.

~ 32,706 per week.

Today the lifetime sales is: 6,849,450

I have the old data from Week 50 and 51.

Week 50: 36,092 (The last TOP40 game is at 40,619)
Week 51: 28,388 ( The last TOP40 game is at 49,377)

But there are adjustments in these weeks too... so I have to do more maths to discover the new data.

Week 52 and 53 I don't have any data yet... but over 30k is for sure.

Edit - My guesses for Week 50 and 51 after adjustments .

Week 50: 38,740
Week 51: 30,992

Big thing I noticed is that MW3 fell behind Black ops in its 2nd weekend but has came out ahead on its 3rd week.

3 week sales of around 15.1 million on Xbox and PS3 compared to 13.6 million for Black Ops.

ethomaz said:

PS. The staff wanted proof of what I was saying when I was banned ... and now?

You still have nothing?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Still don´t believe U3 only did 47k in USA BF

Sony said U3 sold in the first week twice the U2 sold... so or U3 is undertracked here or U2 overtracked .

Or neither and they were using shipments, 3.8 / 1.9

“As we reported, day one we shipped over 3.8 Million copies of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Week one sales were double that of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, far exceeding our expectations.”

This time they used different words for shipped and dales .

Yet in the same article they say they've sold over 13 million, and we know that isn't true.

If that the case "the DAY ONE sales were double that of  Uncharted 2" and not the "WEEK ONE".

Original source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/uncharted-3-charting-successful-marketing/

I can say when it is talking about shipped and sales .

PS. The staff wanted proof of what I was saying when I was banned ... and now?

They already said they shipped 3.8m on day one, they were specific about it. Which in 100% likelyhood, is more than double what U2 sold and shipped day 1 (1.9m)

What part of DAY =/= WEEK you didn't understood???

"Week one sales were double that of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves"

Or U3 is under, or U2 is over, or a little from both.

Edit - Anyway... U2 shipped little over 1 million for week one.

Just couple of more days till NPD releases so dont know whats the big deal. UC3 need to sell close to 1m atleast.

Which country does "Europe" include in this chart?

Areym said:
Did Zelda only sell that much? Don't get me wrong, it's good but I had this whole feeling that it was gonna sell much more than that. Like 2mil from all the hype I have been seeing and reviews too. I read somewhere that it the fastest selling Zelda game ever? Do they have really strong legs or what's going on?

Zelda does have good legs indeed. However I am disappointed by FW sales since there hasn't really been a Zelda on a home console this gen (TP was made for the GC). This gen FW numbers have been seeing much higher numbers, so I really expect Zelda to crack a million in America, or get as close as possible. I'm only hoping the holidays help the game and that it continues with strong legs after that.

Bleh..Sad sales for ps3.
Boring software sales.

Take my love, take my land..

shanbcn said:

Just couple of more days till NPD releases so dont know whats the big deal. UC3 need to sell close to 1m atleast.

If the undertracked is in US... yes NPD will show that... but if it is in Europe or EMEAA???