By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up! - 26th November

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Still don´t believe U3 only did 47k in USA BF

Sony said U3 sold in the first week twice the U2 sold... so or U3 is undertracked here or U2 overtracked .

Or neither and they were using shipments, 3.8 / 1.9

“As we reported, day one we shipped over 3.8 Million copies of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Week one sales were double that of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, far exceeding our expectations.”

This time they used different words for shipped and sales .

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Sony said U3 sold in the first week twice the U2 sold... so or U3 is undertracked here or U2 overtracked .

“As we reported, day one we shipped over 3.8 Million copies of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Week one sales were double that of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, far exceeding our expectations.”

This time they used different words for shipped and dales .

Yet in the same article they say they've sold over 13 million, and we know that isn't true.

pezus said:
Epic boost for PS3 in France, what gives?

German too... 103%... holidays I guess.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Yet in the same article they say they've sold over 13 million, and we know that isn't true.

If that the case "the DAY ONE sales were double that of  Uncharted 2" and not the "WEEK ONE".

Original source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/uncharted-3-charting-successful-marketing/

I can say when it is talking about shipped and sales .

PS. The staff wanted proof of what I was saying when I was banned ... and now?

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

If that the case "the DAY ONE sales were double that of  Uncharted 2" and not the "WEEK ONE".

Original source: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/uncharted-3-charting-successful-marketing/

They already said they shipped 3.8m on day one, they were specific about it. Which in 100% likelyhood, is more than double what U2 sold and shipped day 1 (1.9m)

Around the Network
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

They already said they shipped 3.8m on day one, they were specific about it. Which in 100% likelyhood, is more than double what U2 sold and shipped day 1 (1.9m)

What part of DAY =/= WEEK you didn't understood???

"Week one sales were double that of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves"

Or U3 is under, or U2 is over, or a little from both.

Edit - Anyway... U2 shipped little over 1 million for week one.

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Or like I originally said, they're talking about shipments. Which is perfectly fesible. Day one/week = 3.8 or more. Day one/week U2 = 1.9 or less going by sales.

ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

I seen that, but what I am saying is different. I mean it makes no sense that U3 sold in BF week, only 4k more then what U2 did in the first week of November in 2009.

Just for comparison, U2 sold 73k in BF of 2009

Hell U2 sold 87k in BF week of last year, man those number are impressive

You can undertrack a game in the first week no problem, numbers are big, so the margin of error is bigger, but on a weekly basis, is just wrong, IMO

Having said that, I am surprised PS3 was able to be up YoY in Europe, when GT 5 was released last year in this week, even knowing the great deals running around.

Nothing of what I wrote is factual, just personal belief based one past numbers

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
amaral_slb said:

Or like I originally said, they're talking about shipments. Which is perfectly fesible. Day one/week = 3.8 or more. Day one/week U2 = 1.9 or less going by sales.

Ok . Waiting more proof... if I remeber the first week for U2 from Sony was "we have already sold over a million copies" by Philip Rosenberg.

Did Zelda only sell that much? Don't get me wrong, it's good but I had this whole feeling that it was gonna sell much more than that. Like 2mil from all the hype I have been seeing and reviews too. I read somewhere that it the fastest selling Zelda game ever? Do they have really strong legs or what's going on?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian