By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How should the US deal with Pakistan?

So we do know that the US killed 26 Pakistani soldiers at two mapped out border out posts. Reports differ on what happened some say the US forces came under fire called in air support others differ. What we do know is that the US hit the out posts multiple times and should have known that they were Pakistani at least that is what Pakistan claims.

Now Pakistan has frozen Nato support leaving Nato short of supplies and also is boycotting a big international summit on Afghanistan. The US has pretty much apologized for the situation but hasn't done much about it, obviously the US cannot afford for the Pakistani Government to turn on them further then they already have. Pakistan too cannot afford for the US Government to turn on them financially or militarily.

Both countries need each other and they need to find a way to make this incident disappear. The US has been really pushing hard and Pakistan has been pushed to its limits. But lets face it Pakistan needs the US as much as the US needs Pakistan. In the end something needs to be done to repair the relationship and fast, so what should and can be done to save face and sweep this under the rug?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Invade it. Obviously. No, seriously though... nothing really. I mean, the US is basically 80-90% in the wrong here.

The only thing really that was Pakistan's fault was the whole "Osama Bin Laden has been dead for years, the US just shipped him in to make us look bad" thing.

It's not just this one incident. The US has basically treated Pakistan as if it were an Autonomous region of the Untied States or something.

Bush used to lead commando strikes into Pakistan without their support... and now under Obama, we've sent COUNTLESS drones in without apporval and invaded their airspace to take out terrorists in their own backyard via helicopters!

I mean, how would you feel Joel, if Russia sent helicopters in, violating the Canadian Airspace, landed in Calgary, shot up some exiled Checynian leader and some Canadian citizens who were aiding him, then fled Canadian airspace before the Canadian air force could react, all without informing Canada?

Let ALONE killing Canadian soldiers or sending in airstrikes into canada to take out threats to Russia.

Nothing.

This should be something that the U.S. does more often.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Umm correct me if i'm wrong but, wasn't it NATO and Afghani forces that were involved....why do ppl keep saying U.S

Apologize, simple as that, and next time they shouldn't f*ck up so bad.

Around the Network

Pakistan is terrorist country, and US is in War on Terror. Pakis should understand the simple fact that it's american drones in their country and not otherwise, so they'd better behave properly. It was mistake hence apologies, K, but whom are they to block NATO logistics? 

Cut all foreign aid, pull out completely, and just let them live their lives.

Of course this is what I'd say if you asked about any country

Pull all aid to Pakistan and say, "Hey baby, what's up?" to India.

the same way you should deal with all terrorists. nuke them from orbit.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

badgenome said:
Pull all aid to Pakistan and say, "Hey baby, what's up?" to India.

That too.