By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Up!! 19th November (Europe Up!)

kopstudent89 said:
Some people are overreacting. We're getting new charts, so relax people!

Change is never easy to accept.....give it a few weeks and it will be like nothing changed and the dudes and dudettes of VGChartz will have something else to moan about.

Around the Network

I think the changes are gonna be very interesting and a real improvement. I just hope there will still be monthly and yearly options on the charts (there are none right now).

Otherwise: Continue with your good job!

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
Yes, but aren't the US, Japan, UK sales etc. all extrapolations too?

No they aren't..

Or estimations or whatever? Basically the same thing but more accurate

No no they're not the same. VGC estimates hardware for UK, France, Italy, Germany etc... this estimations are directly from their data

Extrapolation is different. They estimate the rest of the PAL countries using numbers from UK, France, Germany, Italy etc... So it's not direct but rather they kind of make a good guess probably realtive to the size and economy of each country. Not a bad estimation imo since these numbers are very small compared to the main EU countries, so the margin of error won't matter that much overall.

Was my explanation good? 

Dammit, Skyrim is dropping like a sack of potatoes.

What happened to emeaa?

Around the Network

Looks like the 360 loss some momentum. So did the PS3, but the bigger difference was for the 360. Wii went up surprisingly and the 3DS leading in overall sales. Fascinating...

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Never accounting for taste but 2 out of every 60 Brits bought MW3 in the first 2 weeks. You put it like that and you realise how big that game really is. Unfortunately I was one of those but I see MW3 the same way I saw Quake and UT you just had to have them in your Bag at a LAN is was DER LAW!

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Areym said:
Looks like the 360 loss some momentum. So did the PS3, but the bigger difference was for the 360. Wii went up surprisingly and the 3DS leading in overall sales. Fascinating...

PS3 and Xbox 360 usually lose a bit of momentum the week in between COD & Black Friday, it'll be fine in the end :)

pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
kopstudent89 said:
pezus said:
Yes, but aren't the US, Japan, UK sales etc. all extrapolations too?

No they aren't..

Or estimations or whatever? Basically the same thing but more accurate

No no they're not the same. VGC estimates hardware for UK, France, Italy, Germany etc... this estimations are directly from their data

Extrapolation is different. They estimate the rest of the PAL countries using numbers from UK, France, Germany, Italy etc... So it's not direct but rather they kind of make a good guess probably realtive to the size and economy of each country. Not a bad estimation imo since these numbers are very small compared to the main EU countries, so the margin of error won't matter that much overall.

Was my explanation good? 

But still, they don't get hard data from every retailer in the US for example so they must extrapolate for the rest.

yes but their whole data is not extrapolation. They did have some retailers unlike for instance in poland or ME

Seems to me people are pissed that ioi has admitted that some areas i.e Asia/Africa/South America/Middle East etc are near impossible to track right now and so assume there will be lower numbers. But if your interested in sales numbers wouldn't you rather have them as accurate as they can be? Europe/North America and Japan include the main markets for gaming and will now show us a far more accurate picture of how sales are. We're talking around 90% of worldwide sales if you break it down. I would much rather that then simply guess how a region is doing which makes the total worldwide numbers look out.