By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Smash Bros. competitor all but confirmed, test images revealed

Cirio said:
Does Sony have enough characters? Will think include 3rd party characters too?

They do have more than 30 i think, but most of them are short lived, sony doesn't like to stick to one IP like nintendo does , its a miracle that they actually rebooted the Twisted Metal series to be honest. (and syphon filter if that rumor is true)

Around the Network

Sony version of Super Smash bros? Can we say murder? Sony has the most badass stable of characters I've ever seen.

riderz1337 said:

you be trolling? dont be a sony hater. if microsoft made a smash bros they would have master chief the guy from gears of war and a car.

HATERS GON HATE

They did. It was called Small Arms. Look it up...it was pathetic. Microsoft has no characters outside of Gears of war nd Chief. Actually Microsofts game shouldn't be a fighter it should be an open shooter.

Thats good for the sony fans that doesn't own a nintendo console, Super Smash Bros, is probably my favourite franchise, I still remember when I got the N64 game :)

That is, of course, if it is a good game.

RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
Cirio said:

They do have more than 30 i think, but most of them are short lived, sony doesn't like to stick to one IP like nintendo does , its a miracle that they actually rebooted the Twisted Metal series to be honest. (and syphon filter if that rumor is true)

Wrong wording.

Sony can't stick to one IP like Nintendo can. Given how sequel-happy Sony tends to be, this is the only correct answer.

where is my Jak and Daxter sequel then? =[

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
Cirio said:

Wrong wording.

Sony can't stick to one IP like Nintendo can. Given how sequel-happy Sony tends to be, this is the only correct answer.

Nintendo has beaten their main franchises worse than a dead horse and you want to talk about Sony creating new IP's and not being able to stick to one? Imagine all of those IP's in one game. Thats just flipping insane. I loved when they put Cole, Sev, Helghast, Resistance characters all in Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Sony has a stellar stable of less kiddy and more mature characters. They still have the mature characters though.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
riderz1337 said:

you be trolling? dont be a sony hater. if microsoft made a smash bros they would have master chief the guy from gears of war and a car.

HATERS GON HATE

They did. It was called Small Arms. Look it up...it was pathetic. Microsoft has no characters outside of Gears of war nd Chief. Actually Microsofts game shouldn't be a fighter it should be an open shooter.

Small arms isn't really like that, it doesn't use Microsoft characters , its just an indie game, using it's own characters, and its not pathetic its an okay game for a downloadable, also its not made by Microsoft, only published.

RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:

where is my Jak and Daxter sequel then? =[

Sony milks an IP for what it's worth and then moves on. Jak and Daxter fell below the treshold where it was worth continuing, so its developers were encouraged to move on to something new. Of the three PS2 platformer series, only the bestselling one was continued on the PS3. Everything that doesn't sell well enough anymore is either discontinued or handed to a second tier development studio.

@Bolded

so how is that different from Nintendo?

I was kind of excited for something like this at first, but now that I've seen the possible characters I don't think I'd enjoy it that much

PullusPardus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
riderz1337 said:

HATERS GON HATE

Small arms isn't really like that, it doesn't use Microsoft characters , its just an indie game, using it's own characters, and its not pathetic its an okay game for a downloadable, also its not made by Microsoft, only published.

The mass majority of Microsofts games aren't purely microsoft  made. They are 90% published second and third party titles. Small Arms is a versus game meant to test Super Smash Bros. You cant do that if you dont have notable characters in the game. Thats the games selling point.