By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Smash Bros. competitor all but confirmed, test images revealed

M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago?

@bolded: LOLOLOL   Half of the characters suggested in the thread fit that description

ugh 3rd party characters? >_> damn you do have an issue with reading comprehension

Using excuses so you don't have to write a proper argument

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh no no not a jab..but reality..and we are discussing a game that's suppose to come out ...now ya know ;) I mean really...how many 3rd party characters can you imagine people wanting out of 3rd party games that wii recived this gen.....on the other hand on the ps3 we have had so so many great 3rd party games that obviously fans of those games will want some of them as well..good example would be carls suggestion of Big Daddy...unique and fun character from a great game..would be pretty rad to have characters like him ....i mean games like this should cater to all and a console is NOT just about exclusives

Couldn't you have just taken your little jab and moved on? -_- It's so boring writing replies to you

Yes Wii didn't have great 3rd party support this gen, a monkey could've told you that... Yes people have a lot of favourite characters from 3rd parties and like them more than 1st party ones, but since this is a Sony game first and foremost, one would expect to see the thread comments centered around Sony's IPs and which ones they'd like to have included, however, a very high percentage of posts were all about how Sony should ask X's permission for use of Y in their game. Those comments coming mostly from Sony fans was a bit strange to me (since on would assume their characters meant more to them than to someone whom the PS3 was their first Sony system, aka me), and I thought pokeclaudel had a point

@bolded: just lol

a monkey could tell the difference but yet somehow you couldn't realize it? 0_0 okie then

and the one who wanted 'clarification' was you :) doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize things as they are...

and yes 3rd party games does help a console make what it is. the PS3 gamesl ibrary IS about exclusives and 3rd party games. hell since wii doesn't have almost any of them might as well call them exclusives too in a sense lol. Lot of 'those' comments were about Crash and how sony should get him, I'm sure I don't have to explain why this would be to you. we can safely assume most of the main exclusive characters will make the cut in a game like this. So many discuss on how if they can bring Crash or Ezio to the game it would be great. Unless you buy a ps3 and ONLY play games that are exclusive to it, you want as many 3rd party characters as possible too. When smash gets announced for wii for example, what 3rd party games are you gonna ask for? conduit? 0_o 

it's tiresome to explain obvious things to you..wii 3rd party support sucks big time...ps3 3rd party support rocks..people love exclusives and 3rd party games that can't be found with ninty ..hence requests for characters from both ends. 

Except I never claimed it did have strong support, classic mugen BS

PS3 third party supported is good, and people seems to like a ton of third party IPs more than Sony's. pokeclaudel had a point in his post and you're just too stubborn to admit it, sticking to the same subject, all you seem to care about is bashing the Wii in your posts, your reply above is riddled with mini jabs at the console.

Obviously you're not going to admit that you agree, and I don't want to re-post what I just said, so I guess this is it for this argument, if you really want to continue, I'd rather it be on wall to wall, otherwise stop quoting people and derailing the thread

miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago?

@bolded: LOLOLOL   Half of the characters suggested in the thread fit that description

ugh 3rd party characters? >_> damn you do have an issue with reading comprehension

you seem to lack the ability to properly read and understand things in arguments :) so why waste time 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

you seem to lack the ability to properly read and understand things in arguments :) so why waste time 

Taking what I say and writing it back to me, sure way to win an argument, mugen style

miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

oh no no not a jab..but reality..and we are discussing a game that's suppose to come out ...now ya know ;) I mean really...how many 3rd party characters can you imagine people wanting out of 3rd party games that wii recived this gen.....on the other hand on the ps3 we have had so so many great 3rd party games that obviously fans of those games will want some of them as well..good example would be carls suggestion of Big Daddy...unique and fun character from a great game..would be pretty rad to have characters like him ....i mean games like this should cater to all and a console is NOT just about exclusives

Couldn't you have just taken your little jab and moved on? -_- It's so boring writing replies to you

Yes Wii didn't have great 3rd party support this gen, a monkey could've told you that... Yes people have a lot of favourite characters from 3rd parties and like them more than 1st party ones, but since this is a Sony game first and foremost, one would expect to see the thread comments centered around Sony's IPs and which ones they'd like to have included, however, a very high percentage of posts were all about how Sony should ask X's permission for use of Y in their game. Those comments coming mostly from Sony fans was a bit strange to me (since on would assume their characters meant more to them than to someone whom the PS3 was their first Sony system, aka me), and I thought pokeclaudel had a point

a monkey could tell the difference but yet somehow you couldn't realize it? 0_0 okie then

and the one who wanted 'clarification' was you :) doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize things as they are...

and yes 3rd party games does help a console make what it is. the PS3 gamesl ibrary IS about exclusives and 3rd party games. hell since wii doesn't have almost any of them might as well call them exclusives too in a sense lol. Lot of 'those' comments were about Crash and how sony should get him, I'm sure I don't have to explain why this would be to you. we can safely assume most of the main exclusive characters will make the cut in a game like this. So many discuss on how if they can bring Crash or Ezio to the game it would be great. Unless you buy a ps3 and ONLY play games that are exclusive to it, you want as many 3rd party characters as possible too. When smash gets announced for wii for example, what 3rd party games are you gonna ask for? conduit? 0_o 

it's tiresome to explain obvious things to you..wii 3rd party support sucks big time...ps3 3rd party support rocks..people love exclusives and 3rd party games that can't be found with ninty ..hence requests for characters from both ends. 

Except I never claimed it did have strong support, classic mugen BS

PS3 third party supported is good, and people seems to like a ton of third party IPs more than Sony's. pokeclaudel had a point in his post and you're just too stubborn to admit it, sticking to the same subject, all you seem to care about is bashing the Wii in your posts, your reply above is riddled with mini jabs at the console.

Obviously you're not going to admit that you agree, and I don't want to re-post what I just said, so I guess this is it for this argument, if you really want to continue, I'd rather it be on wall to wall, otherwise stop quoting people and derailing the thread

ugh man could you just walk away? 

sigh people like different things on different genre. Not even sure how you got this idea of people liking 3rd party IPs more than Sony bit. I'm actually afraid to ask since god knows what kind of a messed up explanation you will come up with for that. If you think people don't want to see characters like Jak, Kratos, Sackboy etc more so...I dunno what to tell ya..whatever makes you happy I suppose?
I'm not 'bashing' the wii..I'm just pointing out reality of 3rd party support on the console. no need to be so sensitive about it. 

oh that's just cute :D you and your bud started this discussion in the first place and now "I'm" derailing since I'm replying to you? LOL if you have any more questions regarding why sony fans mention 3rd party characters ..do feel free to ask me on my wall :) 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Taking what I say and writing it back to me, sure way to win an argument, mugen style

I can easily do a reading comprehenstion and paranoia joke here and say your style but I don't think i can be arsed to type your nikname here.. :S 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Andrespetmonkey said:
Paul said:
Does Sony have popular characters? Would the cars from their popular racing series be in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj96XYhwTFI

I watched it.

Apart from Sackboy and that child with white eyes they are all generic 'tough guy' characters, nothing interesting at all.

They could all be the same person wearing different costumes, no imagination what so ever.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

actaully its odd that you make a point like that because from what i've seen most of the post made in this thread were by nintendo fans... you yourself have made the most posts over the last 2 pages...

i'm obviously not seeing what you're seeing...

in fact for the most part looking back now it was mostly the nintendo and microsoft fans saying it would fail without third party characters...

and i certainly do think the lack of proper third party support for nintendo platforms explains whats going on with pokeclaudel's point its simply cause and effect

miz1q2w3e said:
pokeclaudel said:

I think it's funny I remember when Melee was coming out all my friends were thinking what NINTENDO characters they could add to the roster. But the first sight of a Sony smash game and everyone's thinking of what 3rd party characters they should include. Doesn't that show everyone there that Sony doesn't have as many iconic characters as Nintendo.

Good point >_<

on the opposite point, it could be because Nintendo doesn't have as many relavent current 3rd party characters to add.  When you think of Nintendo consoles these days you automatically think of first party.  Now that's a large part because they're the best games on the consoles, but it's also because there aren't as many high quality third party releases to choose from.  Pokeclaudel has a point sure, but so does Mugen.

ASStronaut said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Paul said:
Does Sony have popular characters? Would the cars from their popular racing series be in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj96XYhwTFI

I watched it.

Apart from Sackboy and that child with white eyes they are all generic 'tough guy' characters, nothing interesting at all.

They could all be the same person wearing different costumes, no imagination what so ever.

didn't you see ratchet!? :D 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!