By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony's Smash Bros. competitor all but confirmed, test images revealed

M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

well it's kinda obvious since you can't exactly add just dance characters to a game :P

I'm sorry, was that supposed to be some sort of funny jab at Wii/Just Dance?

Besides, he was talking about melee (gamecube)

oh no no not a jab..but reality..and we are discussing a game that's suppose to come out ...now ya know ;) I mean really...how many 3rd party characters can you imagine people wanting out of 3rd party games that wii recived this gen.....on the other hand on the ps3 we have had so so many great 3rd party games that obviously fans of those games will want some of them as well..good example would be carls suggestion of Big Daddy...unique and fun character from a great game..would be pretty rad to have characters like him ....i mean games like this should cater to all and a console is NOT just about exclusives

If Nintendo wanted to include 3rd party characters they could choose from any generation, not just the current Wii generation. Snake is in Brawl and I don't remember any Metal Gear Solid game on the Wii and if there is a Metal Gear Solid game on Wii then I'm certainly not interested in it.

This all means Nintendo have tonnes of 3rd party characters to choose from. A lot more than Sony, sorry.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Around the Network
ASStronaut said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

well it's kinda obvious since you can't exactly add just dance characters to a game :P

oh no no not a jab..but reality..and we are discussing a game that's suppose to come out ...now ya know ;) I mean really...how many 3rd party characters can you imagine people wanting out of 3rd party games that wii recived this gen.....on the other hand on the ps3 we have had so so many great 3rd party games that obviously fans of those games will want some of them as well..good example would be carls suggestion of Big Daddy...unique and fun character from a great game..would be pretty rad to have characters like him ....i mean games like this should cater to all and a console is NOT just about exclusives

If Nintendo wanted to include 3rd party characters they could choose from any generation, not just the current Wii generation. Snake is in Brawl and I don't remember any Metal Gear Solid game on the Wii and if there is a Metal Gear Solid game on Wii then I'm certainly not interested in it.

This all means Nintendo have tonnes of 3rd party characters to choose from. A lot more than Sony, sorry.

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago? sorry 3rd party support for the wii has been absolute crap which is the exact opposite of ps3. PS3 has 3rd party ips that are still very popular, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Bayonetta, CoD, MGS, GTA, etc etc. hence why you see people saying wouldn't it be cool to have ezio in this? etc etc. And I am not too sure about ninty having more characters to choose from than Sony when it comes to 3rd parties unless you are talking of games even before sony entered the console market. cuz afaik sony 3rd party support absolutely trumped ninty for all 3 gens. and this gen it has been almost embarassing to see the difference.

so do you understand why people are asking for both 3rd and 1st party characters? cuz both are very popular on the system and the system actually have relevant popular 3rd party games on it :) sorry if I touched a nerve of some of you but that's reality ;) no hard feelings I hope

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

Couldn't you have just taken your little jab and moved on? -_- It's so boring writing replies to you

Yes Wii didn't have great 3rd party support this gen, a monkey could've told you that... Yes people have a lot of favourite characters from 3rd parties and like them more than 1st party ones, but since this is a Sony game first and foremost, one would expect to see the thread comments centered around Sony's IPs and which ones they'd like to have included, however, a very high percentage of posts were all about how Sony should ask X's permission for use of Y in their game. Those comments coming mostly from Sony fans was a bit strange to me (since on would assume their characters meant more to them than to someone whom the PS3 was their first Sony system, aka me), and I thought pokeclaudel had a point

@bolded: just lol

M.U.G.E.N said:

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago?

@bolded: LOLOLOL   Half of the characters suggested in the thread fit that description

miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Couldn't you have just taken your little jab and moved on? -_- It's so boring writing replies to you

Yes Wii didn't have great 3rd party support this gen, a monkey could've told you that... Yes people have a lot of favourite characters from 3rd parties and like them more than 1st party ones, but since this is a Sony game first and foremost, one would expect to see the thread comments centered around Sony's IPs and which ones they'd like to have included, however, a very high percentage of posts were all about how Sony should ask X's permission for use of Y in their game. Those comments coming mostly from Sony fans was a bit strange to me (since on would assume their characters meant more to them than to someone whom the PS3 was their first Sony system, aka me), and I thought pokeclaudel had a point

@bolded: just lol

a monkey could tell the difference but yet somehow you couldn't realize it? 0_0 okie then

and the one who wanted 'clarification' was you :) doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize things as they are...

and yes 3rd party games does help a console make what it is. the PS3 gamesl ibrary IS about exclusives and 3rd party games. hell since wii doesn't have almost any of them might as well call them exclusives too in a sense lol. Lot of 'those' comments were about Crash and how sony should get him, I'm sure I don't have to explain why this would be to you. we can safely assume most of the main exclusive characters will make the cut in a game like this. So many discuss on how if they can bring Crash or Ezio to the game it would be great. Unless you buy a ps3 and ONLY play games that are exclusive to it, you want as many 3rd party characters as possible too. When smash gets announced for wii for example, what 3rd party games are you gonna ask for? conduit? 0_o 

it's tiresome to explain obvious things to you..wii 3rd party support sucks big time...ps3 3rd party support rocks..people love exclusives and 3rd party games that can't be found with ninty ..hence requests for characters from both ends. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
ASStronaut said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago? sorry 3rd party support for the wii has been absolute crap which is the exact opposite of ps3. PS3 has 3rd party ips that are still very popular, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Bayonetta, CoD, MGS, GTA, etc etc. hence why you see people saying wouldn't it be cool to have ezio in this? etc etc. And I am not too sure about ninty having more characters to choose from than Sony when it comes to 3rd parties unless you are talking of games even before sony entered the console market. cuz afaik sony 3rd party support absolutely trumped ninty for all 3 gens. and this gen it has been almost embarassing to see the difference.

so do you understand why people are asking for both 3rd and 1st party characters? cuz both are very popular on the system and the system actually have relevant popular 3rd party games on it :) sorry if I touched a nerve of some of you but that's reality ;) no hard feelings I hope

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS.

30 years worth of hardware right there.

And for the record, I am a Nintendo fan but I've never been into the Smash Bros thing, I think it's crap. Sony's won't be any better.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

umm why the hell would any current fan want characters that are either never appeared on the platform OR from decades ago?

@bolded: LOLOLOL   Half of the characters suggested in the thread fit that description

ugh 3rd party characters? >_> damn you do have an issue with reading comprehension

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

padib said:

M.U.G.E.N said:

cuz afaik sony 3rd party support absolutely trumped ninty for all 3 gens. and this gen it has been almost embarassing to see the difference.

so do you understand why people are asking for both 3rd and 1st party characters? cuz both are very popular on the system and the system actually have relevant popular 3rd party games on it

Too bad we can't say the same about Microsoft this gen. Sony got destroyed by MS this gen on the 3rd party front relative to last (PS2 vs Xbox) and you know what the difference was? Hardware architecture and... wait for it... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money. TADA!

So there goes your unbreakable love for something horribly vain. All can be bought at a price. If you're playing that game, Sony is Microsoft's bitch. Talk about embarassing.

Having said that, it's still amazing how Nintendo, though not having Snake on a single plat for the past 3 home consoles safe for Twin Snakes, managed to attract the artists at Konami so much with Smash that they wanted to THROW Snake into the game. Now that's brand power, and that's the point of the thread.

Smash is an amazing game, it was made amazing on the N64 and still has tons of dedicated fans (I am one of them). Granted the chars make it rich, but the basic button scheme makes it approachable and, ironically, HIGHLY competitive. I would've wished to see Sony come up with that 3 GENS ago, but alas.

If Sony can even equal the sheer excellence of Smash I will be glad. There is room for brawlers anywhere on my watch. They have my full blessing.

Listen, to all companies their strengths, don't fall into the trap of only looking at those of one side.

holy crap. what was that useless rant about 0_o who is even talking of brand strength/ms etc here. did MS announce a brawler type game too? unless you just wasted 1 minute of my time 

this is strictly about why ps3 fans want 3rd party characters in their game...get it? it's a very simple idea. PS3 actually have a great variety of quality, relavent 3rd party games ..something no sane person can say for ninty. umm brand power is NOT the point of thread...the point of the thread is talk about a rumored game, nothing more nothing less. If you for a second think Sony can't attract 3rd party characters just as well as others (better than ninty for sure) you are crazy. 

whati s this unbreakable love..vain..stuff about? -_- what love? I was just explaining why people ask for 3rd party characters...could just not imagine things that are not there? 

see this is why I don't talk to you...your posts are horribly confusing and all over the place..at least stick to the points you are debating about

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

ASStronaut said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ASStronaut said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
miz1q2w3e said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS.

30 years worth of hardware right there.

And for the record, I am a Nintendo fan but I've never been into the Smash Bros thing, I think it's crap. Sony's won't be any better.

ok so let me explain it this way..why names like bioshock and A creed come up because they are relavant at this very moment. and these Ips are available on the ps3 and fans of those franchises want to see them in a game like this. simple as that. let's just leave it there shall we?

and I agree..I absolutely hate smash bros..hence why I have been saying that I HOPE the game is more like SF or MvC rather than Smash bros. the character roster suits that style of game more too imho and I would actually buy a game like that day one...if it's like brawl..meh will buy it used at a low price later on for the fan service...sackboy vs kratos ftw lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Paul said:
Does Sony have popular characters? Would the cars from their popular racing series be in the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj96XYhwTFI