By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year Awards (Best Shooter)

Best Shooter of 2011?

Battlefield 3 40 24.69%

Modern Warfare 3 18 11.11%

Gears of War 3 41 25.31%

Dead Space 2 7 4.32%

Killzone 3 35 21.60%

Bulletstorm 1 0.62%

Rage 4 2.47%

Resistance 3 8 4.94%

Crysis 2 8 4.94%

Total:162

Sorry BF3's dudes... but MW3 is way better just because it's funny.

Single player: Resistence 3
Multiplayer: Killzone 3

Overall: MW3

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

its funny? i've not played it yet (have it on steam but not downloaded it) but i thought it was controversial-ish.

PullusPardus said:
ethomaz said:

its funny? i've not played it yet (have it on steam but not downloaded it) but i thought it was controversial-ish.

The singleplayer is EPIC like every other Moderm Warfare... and the multiplayer is funny for all... and well everybody play it .

BF is not my kind of game after all .

You made a mistake to not include Halo CEA =p.

Anyway I didn't enjoyed many shooters this year, my favourite would be the Gears of war 3 beta... I have the game but it isn't that appealing like the beta was :s

killzone 3 easily nothing else comes close, not even Resistance 3 (if only because i didnt like its move implementation much)

Around the Network

BF3, I didn't think single player was that bad actually, yet to finish MW3 campaign, but first level was pretty boring so far.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I wish I could've chosen Halo: CEA.

Bulletstorm offered something different whereas the others not so much. R3 had a great environment it was fun and created that sense of hopelessness that you should expect from a sequel about the last attempt to save man kind. GEARS was its self and tried to copy no other Shooter on the market, but the problems i had with the previous games still existed. KZ3 felt epic but lacked to much of what made KZ2 so great. adding various different scopes and sights was the best thing about the game and made it easier for me to use every weapon but KZ3 did not fill like KZ.

BF3 disappointed, MW3 shouldn't have been expected to be any better then what it was, and it still sucks, and crysis was best at what it does and wasverydifferent from the rest. Socom was worse then MW3.

5. KZ3

4. GEARS3

3. Crysis 2

2. RE3

1. Bulletstorm winner

I mean I know the genre for this game is more difficult to classify than others, but that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not on the list or that others aren't arguing it should be on there is disappointing to me. Or maybe it is just me. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was one of the best games this year and easily the best shooter. Only exception I could make is, due to it not having multiplayer, would throw Battlefield 3 in there for having the best multiplayr (and by far too.)

On another note, I can't see why Bulletstorm is even included. My goodness that game just was not that great haha. Would be one of my most disappointing games of the year, not shooter of the year haha.

Between BF3 and Gears3 but I'm not far enough to decide which is the better one for me