Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year Awards (Best Shooter)

Best Shooter of 2011?

Battlefield 3 40 24.69%

Modern Warfare 3 18 11.11%

Gears of War 3 41 25.31%

Dead Space 2 7 4.32%

Killzone 3 35 21.60%

Bulletstorm 1 0.62%

Rage 4 2.47%

Resistance 3 8 4.94%

Crysis 2 8 4.94%

Total:162

I mean I know the genre for this game is more difficult to classify than others, but that Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not on the list or that others aren't arguing it should be on there is disappointing to me. Or maybe it is just me. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was one of the best games this year and easily the best shooter. Only exception I could make is, due to it not having multiplayer, would throw Battlefield 3 in there for having the best multiplayr (and by far too.)

On another note, I can't see why Bulletstorm is even included. My goodness that game just was not that great haha. Would be one of my most disappointing games of the year, not shooter of the year haha.

Around the Network

Between BF3 and Gears3 but I'm not far enough to decide which is the better one for me

Battlefield 3 is clearly the best overall for its insane graphics and its rich multiplayer, but sniping completely sucks so my vote goes to MW3.

ryuzaki57 said:
Battlefield 3 is clearly the best overall for its insane graphics and its rich multiplayer, but sniping completely sucks so my vote goes to MW3.

Really? I thought it was much more of a challenge than MW3, with the bullet drop and all. Quick Scoping also doesn't really work on BF3, whenever I tried it I only got a hit marker, rarely a kill. (Which kinda makes sense and don't at the same time)

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

For now Killzone 3, but possibly Battlefield 3 (pc) in the long run.

Lol at the video a Swedish guy declaring a Swedish game the best. That's like a Dutch guy declaring a Dutch game the best ... oh wait that's me.

Around the Network

I would have liked to have said Gears 3..............

But during these last couple of weeks MW3 has won me over......... i thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, and Spec-ops survival mode is addictive as hell.

so MW3 for me this year.

WOW

I can see people choosing Killzone 3, Gears or Modern Warfare 3... but BattleField 3??? Why??? The others three games I enjoyed a lot but BattleField 3 is justo MEH.

Who the **** is voting for KZ3? Not shooter fans that's for sure.

Thes best shooter is Gears 3. Best FPS is probably Battlefield 3.

---

Well it's certainly not Sorryfield 3, that game is terrible. I guess from the list I vote Resistance 3, but I'm not sure why Uncharted 3 isn't an option.

I'd say Gears over BF3. BF3 on PC is one thing because of the graphics, but gameplay wise, MW3 beats it, and isn't that what games are all about? I voted Gears.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!