By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim Issues? Duh, of course, but has the smoking gun finally been found?

chocoloco said:
Icyedge said:

If I remember well the save file start at about 3 mb ?!? I was at 6mb at around the 30 hours mark.

Lmao, I just checked I am at anout exactly 6mb. Crossing my fingers I will not have a problem. My maths was off, woops. Did not read your posts, but  is the game unplayable?

"I will admit it is not perfect, but Bethesda has truly made a masterpiece. For all those that the game is unplayable that sucks, but for most it is just fine." - Irony? never heard of it 

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
chocoloco said:
Icyedge said:

If I remember well the save file start at about 3 mb ?!? I was at 6mb at around the 30 hours mark.

Lmao, I just checked I am at anout exactly 6mb. Crossing my fingers I will not have a problem. My maths was off, woops. Did not read your posts, but  is the game unplayable?

"I will admit it is not perfect, but Bethesda has truly made a masterpiece. For all those that the game is unplayable that sucks, but for most it is just fine." - Irony? never heard of it 

The game is fine for me. I have not experienced glitches beyound invisible and floating horses. The horses are terrible that does not make it not a masterpiece. The only way I would understand your annoyance is if the game is unplayable for you.

chocoloco said:
miz1q2w3e said:

The game is fine for me. I have not experienced glitches beyound invisible and floating horses. The horses are terrible that does not make it not a masterpiece. The only way I would understand your annoyance is if the game is unplayable for you.

I meant the bolded, you didn't care much about the issue but now it might actually happen to you :p (Sorry if it does btw)

...It didn't happen to me but as I intend to play it in the near future, I am a bit worried

miz1q2w3e said:
chocoloco said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I meant the bolded, you didn't care much about the issue but now it might actually happen to you :p (Sorry if it does btw)

...It didn't happen to me but as I intend to play it in the near future, I am a bit worried

Well forgive me for not jumping aboard the internet drama of trashing a game I have not even had problems with. I was worried about it since it was first reported here, and if I experience problems I will honestly report them here as that is what I do. You should buy the game if you plan to and then complain when it fails you. Which hopefully it wont. The funny thing about this is most of the people complaining are people that are yet to play it.

chocoloco said:

Well forgive me for not jumping aboard the internet drama of trashing a game I have not even had problems with. I was worried about it since it was first reported here, and if I experience problems I will honestly report them here as that is what I do. You should buy the game if you plan to and then complain when it fails you. Which hopefully it wont. The funny thing about this is most of the people complaining are people that are yet to play it.

The game has problems, I don't need to experience them to know they're there

I don't understand why you're so against people wanting a bug free game. You'd think someone who bought the game and loves it would want it to be the best it can be, honestly... >_>

You're acting like I'm just here to hate on a game I've never played. I intend to buy the game and I'm pissed/worried about things like what's in the OP happening to me, a perfectly reasonable response for someone in my situation

Around the Network

My save game is 12mb now and it is still playable. It runs far from great and It's best to quit and restart the game after an hour. Walking outside can be a pain at times (stop and wait for the game to catch up) but it still runs fine inside dungeons.

I'm waiting for the patch before starting the main quest. In the meantime crafting is keeping me busy and I found another dungeon to explore. I've managed to battle through games with worse frame rate on pc although not by much. Luckily the frame rate issues don't effect my play style much, i.e. mainly shooting fireballs from a distance.

chocoloco said:
Icyedge said:
chocoloco said:
To be serious anyone who has a 6mb file already must be doing nothing, but playing the game. If you play a game that much you must love it. I have played +20 hours and my file is not even at 1 mb and I have seen no were near a game breaking glitch.

I will admit it is not perfect, but Bethesda has truly made a masterpiece. For all those that the game is unplayable that sucks, but for most it is just fine.

Its annoying but not unplayable, im just at 8 Mb though. I cant imagine what it looks like when your at 12-13 Mb. You will soon start to notice it, and it keeps getting worst. The issue affect everyone on PS3. Its not just a bug or a glitch, its bad programming at its finest.

Barozi said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Barozi said:
miz1q2w3e said:

@TadpoleJackson: It's sad that people have actually come to accept, and even expect things like this from this supposedly great developer

If people didn't just take crap like this, they'd do more to fix it (and prevent it from happening again)

Simply because the game is so complex that you'd need several thousand if not ten thousand people to test it to find all the bugs.

You can't be serious. That's no excuse at all, "I don't want to properly debug my game, it'd take too long"...? Besides, testing it wouldn't be nearly as bad as you make it out to be, and even if it was, it's still no excuse

You may like the game despite it's issues, but that doesn't change the fact that the devs put out an unfinished product, and this means they've failed in the professional sense

Well of course they could work longer on the game and they could hire more people to fix the bugs or test the game, but that would result in even longer development times (they already have a 3 year schedule on avarage, that's long enough). But that would also mean much more costs AND less revenue.
And even then there would still be bugs that simply cannot be found by a few ten thousand playthroughs.

But I find it funny that an in your opinion "unfinished" (which game is 100% bug free from the start ?) product from the same "supposedly great developer" becomes GOTY 2006 (Oblivion), GOTY 2008 (Fallout 3) and most likely GOTY 2011.
http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-game-of-year.html

The problem is not the glitches but the problem is that so many people are enjoying this game and even worse it looks like this game will surpass games as Zelda as GOTY and that makes me so frustrated that I come in the skyrim thread complain about a game's issues that I didn't played yet and probably will never play so that people will less enjoy skyrim and hopefully with another idiot I can a few that Zelda is so much better.  ~miz1q2w3e 

Seriously Barozi would you go complaining not once but a lot about a game you never played?  What would you call yourself doing this?

miz1q2w3e said:
chocoloco said:

The game has problems, I don't need to experience them to know they're there

I don't understand why you're so against people wanting a bug free game. You'd think someone who bought the game and loves it would want it to be the best it can be, honestly... >_>

You're acting like I'm just here to hate on a game I've never played. I intend to buy the game and I'm pissed/worried about things like what's in the OP happening to me, a perfectly reasonable response for someone in my situation

I don't understand why people want to play outdated games like Zelda but do you see me bumping zelda threads with complaints?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
one thing i would like to know, is it true that fallout new vegas was a similar problem on ps3 ?

Yes, it was present in the PS3 version of Fallout New Vegas. It was never patched.