By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday anecdotal evidence thread

Nsanity said:
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:

Pretty much the same as the OP's experience. The PS3s went up at 10 and I went to check on them at 10:20 and they were all gone. There weren't even people in line asking about them, they had cleared off already. I would imagine the same was true for the 360. Didn't check on the Wiis or Kinect itself. I also went to Toys R Us. They were out of all 160GB PS3s, but still had 3 or 4 320GB ones. Still had like 4 or 5 360 bundles, but I imagine they didn't stay there long after I left. Looks like 360 and PS3 were the major sellers this Black Friday. Can't wait til we get some early numbers.

Edit: Oh and there was a fist fight amongst a large group of black people over a fucking shitty $35 dollar Boost touchscreen phone.  Black Friday is a whacky day.

lol I ove how people use anecdotal evidence to say something is gonna be huge. PS3 did 300k last BF, Wii did 600k and so did 360 .. can't see PS3 being a 'major seller' as always people see what they want to believe.

Lol, I love how people enter a thread about anectdotal evidence and their thoughts on it, and instead of offering anything to the thread, they decide to critisize people for contributing to the thread.    As with Joel's thread, if all you're going to do is offer criticism to posters, without adding anything to the thread, just leave.

Also, I could bring up Holiday '09.  You know, where BF week the PS3 sold ~486K in Americas, while the 360 only sold ~354K, for a difference of ~132K in the PS3's favor.

Evidence? for all we know you and other people in this thread could be lying.

Fuck. Really? Why would be do that in an ANECDOTAL THREAD? What's the point? People are just saying what they see. Really. WTF?

Are people really coming in here just to shit on the thread? Can we report people for shitting up the thread, including someone who's a games db admin or whatever? That's ridiculous.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Train wreck said:
I find it funny that many NON Americans are posting here when you have NO CLEAR PRESCRIPTIVE ON BLACK FRIDAY anecdotal or otherwise. GET THE FUCK OUT.

You a MOD?

Being a mod has nothing do to with it.  How can you as a UK gamer contribute here without trolling for flaming.  You have no prespective or anything, why would I take anything you say with a grain of salt.  Your insight and input adds NOTHING.

ElGranCabeza said:
Nsanity said:

Fuck. Really? Why would be do that in an ANECDOTAL THREAD? What's the point? People are just saying what they see. Really. WTF?

Are people really coming in here just to shit on the thread? Can we report people for shitting up the thread, including someone who's a games db admin or whatever? That's ridiculous.

Stop misinterperating both our posts, he's not saying that at all, he's talking about thismeintals posts. The anecdotal evidence is fine and if people want to judge one shops sales and extrapolate for the entire country (saying it'll be huge) it's fair enough for me to question that. Calm down.

WalMart little rock, ak. 1 old 250gb no games 360. 3 PS3 Move bundles, 1 old 160gb PS3, 1 PS3 holiday bundle. Haven't found where they have the Wii hardware.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ElGranCabeza said:

You can report people for derailing a thread, yes

Not sure about the staff though

Around the Network
Seece said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Nsanity said:

Stop misinterperating both our posts, he's not saying that at all, he's talking about thismeintals posts. The anecdotal evidence is fine and if people want to judge one shops sales and extrapolate for the entire country (saying it'll be huge) it's fair enough for me to question that. Calm down.

No, I think you're taking it out of context. The guy saying it's huge is because that's what he saw and he saw a lot of movements on those consoles, as did I. His reaction is perfectly natural. He never suggested to extrapolate the numbers to a countrywide basis.

Saying "people believe what they want to believe" and "people migh be lying" is trolling and doesn't add anything to the thread. If you guys are not in America and are not going to add anything to the thread and instead are just gonna shit it up, derail it, and call/imply people are liars, please, kindly leave.

With that said, please everyone else, let's get back on topic. I'm gonna drive to Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop later just to see the damage, will report what I see here later.

Any idea how much Sony shipped 199$ bundles?

Seece said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Nsanity said:

To be fair your the one that came and jumped in the thread derailing it on 1 persons finding, the rest of us were just waiting for more people findings to come in, to get a better picture. Thats sureley the point of this thread to get as many peoples findings as possible, not to jump on one poster cos what he found was PS3 was sold out in the stores he went too. 

^^ If you ignore those types of posters they go away :)

@ElGranCabeza: I'm impressed, it's refreshing to see a sensible poster on the net :D

ElGranCabeza said:
Seece said:

No, I think you're taking it out of context.

and IMO I wasn't.

The guy saying it's huge is because that's what he saw and he saw a lot of movements on those consoles, as did I. His reaction is perfectly natural. He never suggested to extrapolate the numbers to a countrywide basis.

Comes across that way to me! If he didn't mean it that way but just for his store, then I apologise, but given he brough up past BF's, I'm inclined to believe I'm right.

Saying "people believe what they want to believe" and "people migh be lying"

Didn't say he was lying, at all, I'm sure what he saw was the truth ..

is trolling and doesn't add anything to the thread. If you guys are not in America and are not going to add anything to the thread and instead are just gonna shit it up, derail it, and call/imply people are liars, please, kindly leave.

You can't tell people not in America not to post 0_o, besides, I'll have a LOT to contribuit tomorrow.
At this point you're derailing your own thread, so drop it.

With that said, please everyone else, let's get back on topic. I'm gonna drive to Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop later just to see the damage, will report what I see here later.

Like I said, tomo I'll be able reveal the prelim numbers (hopefully)