By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday anecdotal evidence thread

Well in Canada, a lot of stores offering sales were busy, however the real crowds are coming out today is yesterday was not a holiday.

Labtops are much cheaper in the US and here in Canada you can buy a $500 dollar labtop but be forced to spend another $100 on creating recvovery discs that use to be free and then 13% tax.

In the US I found the same labtop with free recovery discs and 4% sales tax for $400.

So instead of $678, its $452 down south and in the end it was only $100 dollars cheaper.

Around the Network

What's a labtop? rofl

^ My guess is English as a second language cause the B and P aren't even close to one another on the keyboard. Pretty funny still.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

^^Arabic doesn't have a 'letter P' so they pronounce it 'labtob' ~(maybe other languages too) - That might be it

Police: Woman anxious to get Xbox uses pepper spray on other Black Friday shoppers, 20 injured.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/wal-mart-shopper-pepper-sprays-crowd/2011/11/25/gIQAIdQNwN_video.html

lol
g

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Around the Network
Boutros said:
What's a labtop? rofl

Common knowledge. Its a portable computer that you use in a lab, a labtop. And when you purchase a labtop in Canada, you need to spend 100$ on a recovery disc lol.

My GF went shopping at around 9pm and didn't come back until 9am. Apparently, the environment was really rough because somebody left bruises on her neck and her underwear was stolen. Good thing I didn't go!

Okay. Kidding about that. She did leave at 9pm on Thanksgiving and didn't come back until the next day, though. I sent her at the Kinect 360 bundle, a laptop, and a 3DS with Mario 3D Land. She came back with a ton of stuff (mostly bullshit like clothes, pots and pans, and blankets). The 360's evaporated on with air. She didn't get one (wasn't for me so I didn't mind). The laptops sold out pretty quickly as did the 3DS's. She went to Wal-Mart initially but wound up getting the laptop and the 3DS from best buy.

I wasn't there so I can't vouch for anything else and how well it sold.