By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday anecdotal evidence thread

why is this always going on? its the same few posters thread after thread, cant you ever be the better man and not let it get to you and just ignore it? those who aint from US or areas where they have sales shouldnt even be in here giving opinions on how they think it went down

my anecdotal evidence

i hate fucking campers they camp in video games and pisses me off, now they camp in front of my local stores since what i saw 9am on thursday even though the store open around 11pm ish with tents and the whole 9 yards, go camp in a forest so a bear can get ya ass.

from what i saw most of these early campers buy heaps of shit they wont use only to resell at a higher price than they bought it later on in Dec, they also where trying to sell people waiting in line way further back in the cold, spots closer up front for $20

lot of the stuff i wanted was gone. what i do notice every year is that there are more 360 stock of multi plat SW either that or more are buying for the other 2 consoles, it was very easy for me to find those new game deals that are about $30 off from the $60 tag for the 360 but had to try multiple stores to find them on PS3 same case for me for the last few years

at best buy i seen alot of people with the blue boxed $199 2 game PS3 deal compared to the 360 HW deal (i dont really monitor nintendo stuff) more than the last years ps3 sale deals vs 360 which surprised me, or it could of been b/c the blue box stood out more to my eye compared to the 360 HW bundle color. idk this yr i just didnt feel it for the 360 im sure it will sell the most in US for that week but, there was no lets go get the 360 deal vibe about it. last yr they had kenict and new remodel and years prior COD and halo would also help. this yrs MW3 although broke sales records, but again to me didnt have that vibe that mw2 or even BO had maybe b/c of the 88-89 meta compared to past MW of mid 90s or people are really tired of COD

overall i dont think its worth it, wasting gas to drive multiple stores and the hrs you have to wait in line in and outside of the store add up, i only do it b/c it gets me in the holiday season :)

Play Me

Around the Network

I dont think something just being sold out mean much if we dont know how much they shipped in the first place. Hopefully monday all big three releases their estimates.

shanbcn said:
I dont think something just being sold out mean much if we dont know how much they shipped in the first place. Hopefully monday all big three releases their estimates.

09 All 3 released statements, last year only Microsoft and Nintendo released statements, so it depends how they do. Although I think Nintendo are always obliging and would reveal the figures whatever they were.

We should have some prelim numbers up tomorrow, the only real worthwhile evidence we have is that Gamestop are shipping up to 3:1 360's to Wii's and PS3.

shanbcn said:

well MS ship 360 more than last year(talking about US)

ElGranCabeza said:

Fuck. Really? Why would be do that in an ANECDOTAL THREAD? What's the point? People are just saying what they see. Really. WTF?

Are people really coming in here just to shit on the thread? Can we report people for shitting up the thread, including someone who's a games db admin or whatever? That's ridiculous.

you should probably let it go Usually when someone calls out someone else for derailing, trolling etc. they end up getting banned themselves. Rather just report it if you feel its bad enough. Although seece is a pretty experienced guy and knows how to say things in such a way not to get banned, so dont waste your time worrying about him, just ignore

On Topic!

Anyways, im not from the US, but im glad to hear that ps3 is selling out at a few shops. Anecdotal evidence can be very misleading...but it does give some sort of vague indication of demand etc. I remember previous black fridays, in similar threads, some people claimed that ps3's were not sold out, and it was obvious it wasnt the most wanted console. And when the numbers came in it showed exactly that.

Hopefully the thread stays on track and we get a few more people from the US giving us their evidence so maybe we can get a more clear picture of demand for consoles.

I wish every region had something similar to a black friday the deals are truly amazing!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Seece said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Seece said:

Stop misinterperating both our posts, he's not saying that at all, he's talking about thismeintals posts. The anecdotal evidence is fine and if people want to judge one shops sales and extrapolate for the entire country (saying it'll be huge) it's fair enough for me to question that. Calm down.

No, I think you're taking it out of context.

and IMO I wasn't.

The guy saying it's huge is because that's what he saw and he saw a lot of movements on those consoles, as did I. His reaction is perfectly natural. He never suggested to extrapolate the numbers to a countrywide basis.

Comes across that way to me! If he didn't mean it that way but just for his store, then I apologise, but given he brough up past BF's, I'm inclined to believe I'm right.

Saying "people believe what they want to believe" and "people migh be lying"

Didn't say he was lying, at all, I'm sure what he saw was the truth ..

is trolling and doesn't add anything to the thread. If you guys are not in America and are not going to add anything to the thread and instead are just gonna shit it up, derail it, and call/imply people are liars, please, kindly leave.

You can't tell people not in America not to post 0_o, besides, I'll have a LOT to contribuit tomorrow.
At this point you're derailing your own thread, so drop it.

With that said, please everyone else, let's get back on topic. I'm gonna drive to Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop later just to see the damage, will report what I see here later.

Like I said, tomo I'll be able reveal the prelim numbers (hopefully)

Oh please. So now I'm derailing the thread? You come here flame baiting (the other dude questioned people's stories, not you) and no one but YOU thought the guy was projecting his anecdote to a countrywide basis. Also everyone is thinking you're shitting up the thread (hopefully you stopped now), so maybe you have the "everyone is wrong, and I'm right" mentality.

You haven't contributed jack shit so far, so let's hope tomorrow you can redeem yourself.

Anyways, leaving to see what's going on at the stores now, will post more later.

Shinobi-san said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Fuck. Really? Why would be do that in an ANECDOTAL THREAD? What's the point? People are just saying what they see. Really. WTF?

Are people really coming in here just to shit on the thread? Can we report people for shitting up the thread, including someone who's a games db admin or whatever? That's ridiculous.

you should probably let it go Usually when someone calls out someone else for derailing, trolling etc. they end up getting banned themselves. Rather just report it if you feel its bad enough. Although seece is a pretty experienced guy and knows how to say things in such a way not to get banned, so dont waste your time worrying about him, just ignore

On Topic!

Anyways, im not from the US, but im glad to hear that ps3 is selling out at a few shops. Anecdotal evidence can be very misleading...but it does give some sort of vague indication of demand etc. I remember previous black fridays, in similar threads, some people claimed that ps3's were not sold out, and it was obvious it wasnt the most wanted console. And when the numbers came in it showed exactly that.

Hopefully the thread stays on track and we get a few more people from the US giving us their evidence so maybe we can get a more clear picture of demand for consoles.

I wish every region had something similar to a black friday the deals are truly amazing!

I reported, but nothing happened.....wish there was an ignore function on these forums, but I'll just ignore regardless...or try to :)

Final stop was Best Buy. Huge amounts of 360s still available. All bundles, all non-bundles. Only PS3s left are the Uncharted 3 Bundles and standard 160GB PS3 for $249.99. More importantly though both the cashier that checked us out and guy stocking the floor said that 360 outselling PS3 by huge amounts. Cashier who started last night at 8:30PM (poor girl) said she has personally checked out over 100 360s. As for Wii they had the NSMBWii still available. They did not have any space on the floor other than where the games are. PS3 and 360 were stacked all over the store.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I think it is amazing someone would spend hours acting like an ass over such a harmless thread.

Personally I'm mature enough not to rain on someone's parade like that, even I think they are distorting the reality, but oh well, each to his own.

kowenicki said:
anecdotal?

people will see what they want to see. people from all "sides".

I don't get your point or seece's. People are teling us what's going on in the places they are visiting. I want to hear more. Can both of you two either contribute or let the thread continue please. And yes, based on what I have seen, the PS3 $199 is doing pretty well although the 360 and Wii are killing it too. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)