By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Land 3D

dividePower said:

And I always turn on my 3D no matter the game (damn you Devil Survivor Overclocked), but the 3D effects from SM3DL takes the cake. It's just amazing, not gimmicky at all. That's probably the standard Ninty wants to make. 3D for a purpose.

Playing this game tempted me to go grab a new Wii and play SM Galaxy I & II, but well I'm cash strapped after I spent too much this year. (Half of my 5-year-old arsenal of games were bought this year)

Well you need to play the Galaxys immediately. In some ways SS and SM3DL are a perfect match because both games use artstyle and level design to compliment and enhance each other, and this is exactly what the Galaxy games did. Just as Galaxy took inspiration from MC Escher's 3D illusion etchings and artwork to enhance gameplay, so to does 3DLand. And SS's impressionist artstyle, while not particularly influential on gameplay (so far), is clearly influential on your experience of the world as you play it.

Id imagine that Kirbys Epic Yarn plays in a similar fashion, whereby artstyle decisions have influenced gameplay in a unique and fresh way.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I got five sparkling stars on my save file and I've collected 315 star coins. I guess that's all of them. The game also tells me that I lost 121 lives.

I've only got two sparkling stars, and have hit the wall at Special 8, since i've only been collecting just as many star coins as i need to advance in any one situation

Damn you giant shadow clone Mario...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I still need to get this game.

one of the best mario games I've played!!! perfect mis of your standard 2d mario and open world mario, the last bit with bowser was awesome!!!

This game is fantastic! I'm surprised! I really didn't expect it to be this fun! I just got it today and I'm in world 2, I can't stop playing :)

Around the Network
Machina said:
Looks fantastic. Will be the first game I buy when I get a 3DS.

O_o

That is news to me

I really don't mind if the game is kind of easy, it's just so fun... This is why I got a 3DS, very well implemented 3D!

kopstudent89 said:
I really don't mind if the game is kind of easy, it's just so fun... This is why I got a 3DS, very well implemented 3D!

Getting 5 shiny stars is the real goal of the game, and you have to not die five times in a row to do it :P

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
kopstudent89 said:

Getting 5 shiny stars is the real goal of the game, and you have to not die five times in a row to do it :P

I'm just going to settle for getting to the end of Special 8, myself...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Buzzi said:
kopstudent89 said:

I'm just going to settle for getting to the end of Special 8, myself...

Well you can do it, still the real difficulty of the game is to complete it 100%...it's thought to be for everyone: you can just go to the end or try to do everything. Anyway many levels in the special worlds are very difficult without the tanooki suit.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)