By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Land 3D

So who has got the game? What are your impressions?

Mine are:

- The game isa littleveasy.

- Looks good in 3D.

- Fun but I wish it had more walking freedom like N64 mario.

Anyone else dissapointed that the camera does not rotate with Mario? So when you go back in a level you are walking into a blind spot.  I wish the view would auto rotate around.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

So who has got the game? What are your impressions?

Mine are:

- The game isa littleveasy.

- Looks good in 3D.

- Fun but I wish it had more walking freedom like N64 mario.

Anyone else dissapointed that the camera does not rotate with Mario? So when you go back in a level you are walking into a blind spot.  I wish the view would auto rotate around.

Personally I love it, its an attempt to bring 2D Mario and 3D Mario together and I think Nintendo did an amazing job. I would say its almost good enough to be in the running for game of the year. Yah its no Zelda but it certainly is of equal quality to the likes of Arkham City and the other nominees.

I wouldn't say its too easy, I'm not all that far yet. I play my portable games on the go and not at home like others do. So if I'm not traveling much I won't play the games as much. So far I have played a little after reading my Bible and laying in bed. But the game is amazing and I'm in the third world.

Super Mario 3D Land makes the 3DS a worth while purchase this year. I would have gladly paid 250$ for 3DS just for this title had Nintendo not dropped price. Had this been a launch title I don't think many fans would have been dissapointed, now MarioKart7 is going to follow. I died and went to handheld heaven.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GAME!!!! I've only played 2 levels and it's already my fav mario of all time!!!!!!! They nailed the controls and the mushroom kingdom has never looked better!!

Can't wait for my copy to get here :)

I will have a little bit more time to play since i do not read any bible.... i did not know they were still producing them....

Switch!!!

Around the Network

It's a 3D version of 2D Mario in 3D, too!!

it's an amazing mix, of what makes Mario Bros. good and what makes Galaxy good, so it's casual and hard core at the same time, what Nintendo wanteD

already got some streetpass Mario gift :P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

One of the three best games I've played this year. Easy for me--challenging for the casuals--always fun and creative.

I really like this game, and I think it is amazing how good Nintendo seems to be at using the Mario formula the recreate the game constantly and make it feel so great. Of course the game feels a bit short and easy to me (I'm in S6 currently) but I have to say that Mario games are the ones that I truly mastered, be it 2D or 3D, so I think if the game would feel hard to me it would be too hard for a lot of people, so I'm not complaining about this. The one thing I complain about though is that the game lacks a touch of "epicness", something that distinguished NSMB on the Wii from the DS game.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

My impressions after I played it for about 10 hours.

-It's better than I expected. They truly managed to give it the same pick-up and play feeling a 2D Mario has. That's not to say it plays like a 2D Mario game, but it carries the same spirit.
-It's very fun and creative, even tought it's easy, it's still a very enjoyable and satisfying gaming experience, Mario Galaxy was also very easy after all.
-The 3D has never looked so good, it's really the only game so far I don't want to play without it.
-So far I liked it even more than Mario Galaxy, in fact it seems to me like the natural evoltion of the Mario Galaxy, a 3D Mario game not based on exploration but on linear arcade levels.

The key to the easy you will find is broken once you beat "the final boss."

Wait until you pass the final castle in world 8, and then you shall see

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.