By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VII to be remade for 3DS.

theprof00 said:
Soriku said:

???

I'm not sure what your point is. FF7 remake would do better than DQ7; no one is debating that. But so what? Just because they're not doing a FF7 remake means they shouldn't make a DQ7 remake? It's not even the same team that would make a FF7 remake that's making this game and there's no resources being lost that could go to a FF7 remake. SE aren't remaking FF7 because they don't want to make money.

yes I know, that's what I'm saying.

You're not sure MY point? I'm not sure YOUR point. I was just a light-hearted comment about how everyone and their mom (literally by this point) wants an ff7 remake, and they refuse to make it...ERGO if there are two options, hinted by "a title with a 7th installment", they're obviously talking about dq7, becuase over and over SE hints but never will remake ff7 no matter what the demand.

But, I can see we have some hardcore dq fans who are a little too sensitive.

I think you're the one confused here.  There are a multitude of reasons why they wouldn't want to make a FF7 remake yet.  DQ7 team was also accessible for this remake so it was actually a really good idea to go ahead and make the DQ7 remake, and it would make them a lot of money.  Not as many people are begging for an FF7 remake as you think.  

The reason Soriku was responding to you at all was because of your seemingly ignorant post.

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:
It probably wont be ether of them, and to do FFVII on such a small scale would be the biggest disapointment of my life

Yeah, it would be like playing the PSONE classic on the VITA. FFVII needs console POWA in order to look phenomenal, like the tech demo :]

Soriku said:

Your original post still doesn't make sense. It's why I responded to it at all.

"definitely dragon quest 7. SquareEnix hates money."

DQ7 remake will make them tons of money so I don't see how SE hates money by making it. Your post makes it seem like you think that DQ7 won't make them money (and only a FF7 remake would) which obviously isn't be the case.

Also I'm not even a hardcore DQ fan. But I don't see what being a fan has to do with your post. Anybody could've argued it...not like whether this remake is a success or not is something that can be debated.

When did I say dq7 would flop? Can you answer me that? No? I'll answer it with your own words. "Your post makes it SEEM".

That is called a strawman. That is taking my context, spinning its meaning into something else (for whatever reason which I'll go into next), and then responding to THAT new context.

If it obviously isn't the case, then why did you assume that was what I meant? And now here is where I explain your completely confusion about the fan comment: It is because you are either defensive of DQ, or derisive of FF7. However, you also say ff7 would likely sell more copies. So, if you're not a fan of DQ, and if you are dersive of ff7 yet can admit its success, then let me ask you this:

Are you a hater?

Wait...you know what. I already know the answer because I've seen your posts for what, 4 years now, 5? You have a profound dislike of ff7. I don't know how I missed that earlier. It's not that you like DQ7, you just really don't like ff7.

PS: and I'm sorry, but my original post DID make sense, just not in the sense that you jumped to conclude.

Heavenly_King said:
-Newcloud- said:
It probably wont be ether of them, and to do FFVII on such a small scale would be the biggest disapointment of my life

Yeah, it would be like playing the PSONE classic on the VITA. FFVII needs console POWA in order to look phenomenal, like the tech demo :]

I normally would disagree with you, but FF7 is a game that is being expected to be done real well when it is remade, so the best, easiest, and cheapest route to go would be on a home console rather than a portable.  I'm sure they're waiting for a good opportunity to remake the game, because sometimes the fans are wrong.  

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:

Your original post still doesn't make sense. It's why I responded to it at all.

DQ7 remake will make them tons of money so I don't see how SE hates money by making it. Your post makes it seem like you think that DQ7 won't make them money (and only a FF7 remake would) which obviously isn't be the case.

Also I'm not even a hardcore DQ fan. But I don't see what being a fan has to do with your post. Anybody could've argued it...not like whether this remake is a success or not is something that can be debated.

When did I say dq7 would flop? Can you answer me that? No? I'll answer it with your own words. "Your post makes it SEEM".

That is called a strawman. That is taking my context, spinning its meaning into something else (for whatever reason which I'll go into next), and then responding to THAT new context.

If it obviously isn't the case, then why did you assume that was what I meant? And now here is where I explain your completely confusion about the fan comment: It is because you are either defensive of DQ, or derisive of FF7. However, you also say ff7 would likely sell more copies. So, if you're not a fan of DQ, and if you are dersive of ff7 yet can admit its success, then let me ask you this:

Are you a hater?

Wait...you know what. I already know the answer because I've seen your posts for what, 4 years now, 5? You have a profound dislike of ff7. I don't know how I missed that earlier. It's not that you like DQ7, you just really don't like ff7.

PS: and I'm sorry, but my original post DID make sense, just not in the sense that you jumped to conclude.

lolol. This post is so ridiculous. Prof, don't make this needlessly complicated.

First off, I never said you think DQ7 would flop. I never even said the word flop.

Also, I have a dislike of FF7 now? O_o And a profound one at that? I've almost never talked about FF7 so how could you even say that. I've never even heard someone accuse me of that before either. You're just making up accusations now lmao. Unless you can back it up with one of my posts where I have a profound dislike. Profound. I played FF7 before for a while but didn't get too far into it to form an opinion. But I still love the Sephiroth battles in KH1 and 2. So I don't see where this accusation even comes from.

Let's go back to your original post again:

Can you explain to me how SE making this DQ7 remake means they hate money? Just ignore anything I said or my assumptions if it bothers you so much. Can you explain why you think making this remake means SE hates money? If your response is going to be "I don't think that at all, I just meant that a FF7 remake would make them a lot of money"...well, you're missing some MAJOR key details in your original post that would indicate otherwise, not only to me, but to just about anyone else.

Saying "definitely dragon quest 7. SquareEnix hates money." is a lot different from saying "It's probably DQ7 but I hope SE makes FF7 remake because it would make them a lot of money too."

I can't believe I'm being asked to explain a sarcastic post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Is that it? Are you going to address your accusation against me? And it definitely didn't seem like sarcasm and somehow I doubt that was the intent. It's not a very good joke nor something that seems like it'd be joked about for it to be treated as sarcasm.

What accusation? ABout you disliking "profoundly" ff7? DO you really want me to link those old threads lol? Maybe you will just say "that's not profound enough". Why should I waste my time with someone who doesn't know what sarcasm means?

I'll post a few
April 2008: FF7 (I've yet to play this and I will soon enough but I don't expect it to be the WOW other people are saying it is)

AND LOL Here you are two months earlier saying:
Personally, I like FF7.

But the "Sephiroth is god" garbage has to stop. Sephiroth didn't do ANYTHING in FF7. Sephiroth was merely a puppet. It's Jenova you should be praising. After all, she did everything. Sephiroth is just a mama's boy.

Sephiroth in KH is way better.

Here in november

Ew. VIII and IX are SO much better. Btw, the store needs to get Brave Fencer Musashi/Tales of Destiny/Tales of Eternia too :3

FF VII is overrated. Why I don't know. Is it because of the modern day setting? Cloud and Sephiroth (only cool in KH)? FF VIII and IX have a much better story, music, characters, world, and decent graphics unlike FF VII's, etc.

Might have to do with it being my first FF, as well as my first RPG :P The setting in FF VII just killed it for me personally. FF + modern = oh God no. But FF VIII it was more of a futuristic setting with still a lot of fantasy like sorceresses, all the monsters you had to fight (dragons, Marlboro, Iron dudes. Basically it was MUCH better than fighting robots and guys with shit guns a lot of the time.), etc. Plus the music is the best in the series while FF VII only has 2 decent tracks. I also liked the characters more (Zell and Laguna FTW!) and the graphics weren't ugly...so it was pretty good. Story was better too but there was some wholes :3

So let's see, you LIED about playing it, which you then forgot you said. Then, let's see, overrated, ugly, bad setting, bad enemies, only 2 good tracks....

You're a sad case soriku, because you actually think you're convincing anyone reading this thread.

Soriku said:

lol, please show me. I definitely don't hate FF7 and I just explained why. There's no reason for me to hate FF7. I don't hate on stuff just cause.

And that was a terrible sarcastic post if it was intended that way. But whatever.

little barbed comments to evade the facts. "Oh it was just stupid then". Please, take your highschool debate skill back to the library.

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:

I'll post a few
April 2008: FF7 (I've yet to play this and I will soon enough but I don't expect it to be the WOW other people are saying it is)

AND LOL Here you are two months earlier saying:
Personally, I like FF7.

But the "Sephiroth is god" garbage has to stop. Sephiroth didn't do ANYTHING in FF7. Sephiroth was merely a puppet. It's Jenova you should be praising. After all, she did everything. Sephiroth is just a mama's boy.

Sephiroth in KH is way better.

Here in november

Ew. VIII and IX are SO much better. Btw, the store needs to get Brave Fencer Musashi/Tales of Destiny/Tales of Eternia too :3

FF VII is overrated. Why I don't know. Is it because of the modern day setting? Cloud and Sephiroth (only cool in KH)? FF VIII and IX have a much better story, music, characters, world, and decent graphics unlike FF VII's, etc.

Might have to do with it being my first FF, as well as my first RPG :P The setting in FF VII just killed it for me personally. FF + modern = oh God no. But FF VIII it was more of a futuristic setting with still a lot of fantasy like sorceresses, all the monsters you had to fight (dragons, Marlboro, Iron dudes. Basically it was MUCH better than fighting robots and guys with shit guns a lot of the time.), etc. Plus the music is the best in the series while FF VII only has 2 decent tracks. I also liked the characters more (Zell and Laguna FTW!) and the graphics weren't ugly...so it was pretty good. Story was better too but there was some wholes :3

So let's see, you LIED about playing it, which you then forgot you said. Then, let's see, overrated, ugly, bad setting, bad enemies, only 2 good tracks....

You're a sad case soriku, because you actually think you're convincing anyone reading this thread.

Those are really old posts and I don't even mean anything I said (come on son, that was stuff I posted when I was 14). Not to mention that's all stuff in the context of playing a little bit of it. Plus what I said about Sephiroth is true (in the context of FF7).

I definitely don't hate FF7 now.

Well I guess your totally trustable, honest words proves me wrong.

You took my first comment the wrong way simply because you misread it or didn't understand how I could make a bitter, ironic post about how SE doesn't want to make the game everyone has been asking for LITERALLY every single gameshow that SE attends.

Agreed?

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:

Well I guess your totally trustable, honest words proves me wrong.

You took my first comment the wrong way simply because you misread it or didn't understand how I could make a bitter, ironic post about how SE doesn't want to make the game everyone has been asking for LITERALLY every single gameshow that SE attends.

Agreed?

I took it the wrong way because there's a pretty big conflict with "definitely DQ7" and "SE hates money." You don't see how this can cause confusion? I didn't even mention FF7 in my original response. The whole "hater" thing is just something you piled on for some reason.

Here Soriku, and you are trying my patience, but since you're an old member I will do you the honor of explaining to you what sarcasm means.

Sarcasm is a bitter jab, usually delivered in an ironic way.

I am bitter about ff7 never getting a remake. I jab at SE, saying they won't make the game, that again, is LITERALLY asked for at every gameshow, at every press conference by SE. SE even jokes about it every couple months. It's IRONIC that SE won't make the game that will make them the most money. Hence, I say, wait, let's write it another way: 'it can't be ff7 because se hates money". Any member would agree that this is sarcasm.

Now, I still don't understand why you have a problem with me saying "definitely DQ7". You are aware that this thread, in the OP, is based upon a choice between ff7 and dq7..right? It could've been any other game, it was never about dq7 in particular, or a slight against dq7 EXCEPT that it's not ff7.