By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR - Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VII to be remade for 3DS.

definitely dragon quest 7. SquareEnix hates money.

Around the Network

It's not a rumor, it's true

http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnews/news-32262_breve_le_remake_de_dragon_quest_vii_annonce_sur_3ds_.htm

It's French, so more like:

So with Monster Hunter 4 and this, 3DS' gonna rape everybody.

what the hell, this is from a year ago?

Mr Khan said:
Dragon Quest VII makes more sense for a number of reasons, between FFVII's strong association with the PS brand and the fact that Nintendo is trying to court Dragon Quest more and more over time.

this

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd love a 3DS remake for FFVII. I don't think a remake on the PS3 or X-Box 360 would work very well for various reasons. The 3DS offers just the right amount of power where they could make the game look crisp and modern without having to overhaul it completely. Probably not happening, but it'd be pretty cool.

shakarak said:
awesome how this rumor came to be true.

Wait.What??!!

*(looks around vgc)*

FUCK!

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:

SE hates money, so to prove that they remake one of the best selling DQ games on the 3DS?

Not sure why you're agreeing with me in such a caustic manner. FF7 sold more than dq7.

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:
theprof00 said:

SE hates money, so to prove that they remake one of the best selling DQ games on the 3DS?

Not sure why you're agreeing with me in such a caustic manner. FF7 sold more than dq7.

I'm not agreeing with you. How does SE making a DQ7 remake mean they hate money? DQ7 is one of the best selling DQ games in Japan. Terry's Wonderland on the 3DS sold 800k+. DQ7 remake is guaranteed to sell over 1 mil, and possibly over 1.5 mil considering how much the DS remakes sold. I'm not sure how you can equate that to "SE hates money." I mean DQ7 and FF7 aren't even mutual.

I'm guessing that you know for a fact that dq7 remake would sell better than ff7 remake, otherwise your first response wouldn't have been so hostile.

Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:
theprof00 said:

I'm not agreeing with you. How does SE making a DQ7 remake mean they hate money? DQ7 is one of the best selling DQ games in Japan. Terry's Wonderland on the 3DS sold 800k+. DQ7 remake is guaranteed to sell over 1 mil, and possibly over 1.5 mil considering how much the DS remakes sold. I'm not sure how you can equate that to "SE hates money." I mean DQ7 and FF7 aren't even mutual.

I'm guessing that you know for a fact that dq7 remake would sell better than ff7 remake, otherwise your first response wouldn't have been so hostile.

???

I'm not sure what your point is. FF7 remake would do better than DQ7; no one is debating that. But so what? Just because they're not doing a FF7 remake means they shouldn't make a DQ7 remake? It's not even the same team that would make a FF7 remake that's making this game and there's no resources being lost that could go to a FF7 remake. SE aren't remaking FF7 because they don't want to make money.

yes I know, that's what I'm saying.

You're not sure MY point? I'm not sure YOUR point. I was just a light-hearted comment about how everyone and their mom (literally by this point) wants an ff7 remake, and they refuse to make it...ERGO if there are two options, hinted by "a title with a 7th installment", they're obviously talking about dq7, becuase over and over SE hints but never will remake ff7 no matter what the demand.

But, I can see we have some hardcore dq fans who are a little too sensitive.