By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Welcome Back MontanaHatchet!

TalonMan said:

So, Benga got me on Facebook and I felt it was my duty to poke my head in here for a moment...  :)

...love seeing some of the comments about features I built 4+ years ago - makes me feel good!Never knew that VGC-IM really took off, but it does seem a good number of people liked it - that's GREAT!!! At the same time, how quickly I've been forgotten - 150 posts in here, and no mention of me. **cry**

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MONTANA!!!  

I do remember you but it seems people remember the mods and heavy posters more than the guy who built awesome features. This thread is starting to look like a high school reunion where we meet old friends we haven't seen in a long time.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Yeah, Talon didn't post that much. We ended up chatting a few times on walls, PMs, etc but he never posted heavily in the forums, even way back in 2007 (though I think he had almost stopped posting entirely by late 2008).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

TalonMan said:

Mr. Rocketpig - HOW GOES IT?!?!?!? Your humor ALWAYS had me laughing. Definitely one of the funniest people around here... :)

It's good. Instead of complaining about video games, I occasionally complain about comic books for a new site and I spend most of my free time creating a comic book that I publish online. Not a ton of time for games anymore but I still get some time here and there to play my PS3 (which will probably be joined by a new 360 at some point).

Damn.. it... with all you guys back i'll never get a high place again like in the 2010 edition of the "VGChartz Greatest User Tournament"

-_-"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

TalonMan said:
rocketpig said:
Whoa! Hey, Talon!

Mr. Rocketpig - HOW GOES IT?!?!?!? Your humor ALWAYS had me laughing. Definitely one of the funniest people around here... :)

TruckOSaurus said:
TalonMan said:

So, Benga got me on Facebook and I felt it was my duty to poke my head in here for a moment...  :)

...love seeing some of the comments about features I built 4+ years ago - makes me feel good!Never knew that VGC-IM really took off, but it does seem a good number of people liked it - that's GREAT!!! At the same time, how quickly I've been forgotten - 150 posts in here, and no mention of me. **cry**

BIG SHOUT OUT TO MONTANA!!!  

I do remember you but it seems people remember the mods and heavy posters more than the guy who built awesome features. This thread is starting to look like a high school reunion where we meet old friends we haven't seen in a long time.

Good point...     ...I was just the code monkey around here - **sigh**

Being a Web programmer myself, it gave me a greater appreciation of your contributions.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Hi Talon, how's life? Will you then also be the code monkey that will create the new/old VGC?

Oh and Rocket, I really want to read that comic as well. The art I sometimes see passing by on Facebook is amazing!

Welcome back. I agree with a lot of what said in your post but weeding through the bad posters is not a job for the staff but it sounds good yet still pointless cause even with good weeding some still manage to slip through the cracks.

Maturity comes with time and after enough warnings and bans they'll get the picture, stop coming, or get permabanned which is the best way to get rid of bad seeds.

i've always said to users the want to leave because of of the general BS that it's their job to report abusive behavior or violations of the rules, cause the mod team can't do it alone and vgc is no daycare.

The best mod team is the community its self and if we all work together vgc could continue to flourish or whatever the alternative is. Or am i being to positive again?

dtewi said:
TadpoleJackson said:

btw: Dtewi is a troll and no attempts of communicating with him should be attempted! I know, I just finished talking to him

Who?

i remmeber this guy! you can debate your ass off. welcome back and i hope our past can stay were it is.

TalonMan said:

Oh my - a rocketpig comic book?!?!? This I absolutely MUST read!!! Send me the linky!!! :)

Right on, here it is. The comic is still in its teething stages and recently, I bailed out of an old story arc because it was moving too slowly and I just wasn't getting the results I wanted from the story. I'm re-writing it and will go back to finish it after I complete the new issue I started a month ago.

http://variables.selfcentent.com/

Hah, I feel like a newbie all over again with all you guys here. ^_^