By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Top 6.5 Reasons Why the Wii is the Best Console of this Generation

Jumpin said:
non-gravity said:
adsl said:
For a small niche of the market (hardcore gamers) it's the worst, however for ordinary gamers it's the best.

You're on a gaming forum therefore you yourself are a hardcore gamer.

There's nothing really hardcore about being a gamer, so I disagree. "hardcore" is just a pretentious term that people with insecurities use to make themselves feel badass. It's not just gaming nerds, but also movie and music geeks. There is an episode of South Park which sums it up very well, big fat Eric Cartman constantly going on about how hardcore he is, but then gets badly beaten up by a little girl.

It's an easy term to make the distinction Harcore <> Casual same as Right <> Left

Around the Network
non-gravity said:
Jumpin said:
non-gravity said:
adsl said:
For a small niche of the market (hardcore gamers) it's the worst, however for ordinary gamers it's the best.

You're on a gaming forum therefore you yourself are a hardcore gamer.

There's nothing really hardcore about being a gamer, so I disagree. "hardcore" is just a pretentious term that people with insecurities use to make themselves feel badass. It's not just gaming nerds, but also movie and music geeks. There is an episode of South Park which sums it up very well, big fat Eric Cartman constantly going on about how hardcore he is, but then gets badly beaten up by a little girl.

It's an easy term to make the distinction Harcore <> Casual same as Right <> Left

THis, hardcore is just someone who does something more often than not. If you're playing games damn near everyday and spending alot of money on them then you're a hardcore gamer. If you're on this website you're most likely are hardcore gamer. If you dont do any of the above with regularity you're casual. Its that simple, doesnt matter what game you're playing.

Mario, motion controls and "won't break the bank" are the only ones that actually relate to gaming here.

Lostplanet22 said:
pezus said:
Jumpin said:

I like it because it is the only home console this generation which caters mainly to normal people - and not pretentious power-nerds who think they're somehow an elite-hardcore-d00d because they spend nearly their entire lives sitting down growing fat and pimply.

I guess PS3 partially doesn't, but it is WAY more a nerd console than the PS2 or PSX were.

I'm sorry but what a load of crap. 

That is what Nintendo created this generation,  frustrated kids who wished they didn't catched into the Wii hype but got an X360/PS3 =p.  No happy console owner would write what Jumpin wrote...

Actually I tend to agree with him.   I'm quite happy with my Wii and all the games I have for it.  Frankly, I expect it'll probably be the last console I'll ever own. (my kids have a 360) 

Jumpin said:

I like it because it is the only home console this generation which caters mainly to normal people - and not pretentious power-nerds who think they're somehow an elite-hardcore-d00d because they spend nearly their entire lives sitting down growing fat and pimply.

I guess PS3 partially doesn't, but it is WAY more a nerd console than the PS2 or PSX were.

the ridiculously funny thing about your posts is that you're judging people for labelling but then you turn around and do the exact same thing and yet you can't see that

come on now you're a normal person remember? you're above all that... the attitude portrayed in your posts isn't the attitude of an elitest at all

...i'm quite surprised that you take it upon yourself to grace us forum peons with your presense at all... must be quite mortifying

Around the Network

Wait wait, hardcore it's a gamer that plays some kind of titles?

From when?

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

I have to disagree. I love Nintendo and all, but on the Wii I only have 10 games, 1 I will probably sell. There are only 7 other games out that interest me, and then 2 JRPG's which probably won't be localized in Americas. So that's max 18 games I will own for the Wii (unless they make 1 more big title). That's the least I've ever owned for a Nintendo console, Wii is possibly the Worst Nintendo Platform I ever had, but to be fair the games I own are amazing.

PS360 is the better console, the difference being what exclusives do you prefer?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results