By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RROD failures mean,PS3 has already outsold 360

What about all the YLOD PS3s and dedicated Blu-Ray player-PS3s

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
sethnintendo said:

Did you just take a hit of weed before you thought of that?  Not too bad you should publish some short stories.

Opium. That's right Seth. White lotus. Yam-yam. Shanghai Sally.

How did you know what drug to use to tease me the most.  I can't believe you just said opium right now.  You must be psychic.  I've only had it once but I'm down for another round.  It is just so damn hard to get.  It is unfortunate that they had to outlaw it because they were pissed off that white women were going into the Chinese opium dens while they were helping to build the transcontinental railroad.

Not touching this one.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

trasharmdsister12 said:
My friend Bob Sacamano bought 3 launch 360's. One broke in the first year right before his second hernia operation. The two he had left got stolen 2 years ago when his biking accident left him in a coma. Two months later he got back to good health and made a fortune selling black market iPeds so he bought 3 more. Shortly after that the two that were stolen from him got returned because they had RROD'd. After that another one had broken, leaving him with 4 broken units and 2 working units. I bought one of his older units as he had plans to upgrade to the slim. One day I was watching "Still Standing" on my 360 Netflix and found myself regaining consciousness from seizures only to see my 360 had RROD'd. So I went back to Bob to get a refund and thought I'd stop by the GAP to return a pair of pants. On the way I decided to take the subway but there were some delay so I decided to sprint down the subway tunnel instead of waiting the expected half hour. While running I tripped and fell into a puddle, ruining the very pants (and 360) I was about to return.

You were wearing the pants you were returning? 

I guess I was.

What were you going to wear on the way back?

Aren't you listening?  I didn't even GET THERE!

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

The vast majority of XB360 users are graphic whores, they buy two XB360s each and they ducktape and duckroll them together to make a XB720. So the total sales number should be divided by two. Some extreme gamers even springroll their handmade XB720s, because they like to watch them jumping and bouncing around, but luckily this doesn't modify the true sales numbers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

LOL, what a thread... how about all the peeps who bought a PS3 Slim to replace their aging or bricked George Foreman Grill launch models... do those sales count towards Sony's total as well?

I think there's a slight possibility for the PS3 to overtake the 360 in total WW sales eventually, but with M$ doing really well in NA lately and an imminent price drop next year, they could easily stave off PS3's comeback until the next generation starts.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
LOL, what a thread... how about all the peeps who bought a PS3 Slim to replace their aging or bricked George Foreman Grill launch models... do those sales count towards Sony's total as well?

I think there's a slight possibility for the PS3 to overtake the 360 in total WW sales eventually, but with M$ doing really well in NA lately and an imminent price drop next year, they could easily stave off PS3's comeback until the next generation starts.

Your argument is weak! Everybody knows Europe is PS3's strongest territory, so the Slims bought to replace aged or bricked Tefal Grills are far more significant!!1!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

trasharmdsister12 said:
My friend Bob Sacamano bought 3 launch 360's. One broke in the first year right before his second hernia operation. The two he had left got stolen 2 years ago when his biking accident left him in a coma. Two months later he got back to good health and made a fortune selling black market iPeds so he bought 3 more. Shortly after that the two that were stolen from him got returned because they had RROD'd. After that another one had broken, leaving him with 4 broken units and 2 working units. I bought one of his older units as he had plans to upgrade to the slim. One day I was watching "Still Standing" on my 360 Netflix and found myself regaining consciousness from seizures only to see my 360 had RROD'd. So I went back to Bob to get a refund and thought I'd stop by the GAP to return a pair of pants. On the way I decided to take the subway but there were some delay so I decided to sprint down the subway tunnel instead of waiting the expected half hour. While running I tripped and fell into a puddle, ruining the very pants (and 360) I was about to return.

IBL!

Whats with the unnecessary comma in the title?

anyway I think so too. I mean at least a couple million people didn't feel like sending their console to Microsoft or they didn't know about the free replacements so they ended up buying new ones. You can't deny this. Not everyone is a "gamer" and checked up on the latest news. They just think they have a faulty 360 so go out and buy another one. Or maybe just return it to the store and get it replaced(which would count as another sale right?)