By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think Reggie should go?

Should Reggie be fired from NoA?

Yes 36 48.00%

No 25 33.33%

Don't care 14 18.67%

Total:75
Machina said:
amp316 said:
Machina said:
Yes, though mainly just because the guy gives me the creeps (in a bad way, unlike Cammie).

May I ask how Cammie give you the creeps in a good way?

I dunno, she just kinda rocks. But she's 100% weird and creepy. Go figure.

I guess that I could see where you're coming from.  She'd probably be entertaining at a party.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

No, he's awful, long live Reggie!

I think he should stay, he's merely a spokeperson who is out there fighting.

if someone should go. where is that super annoying lady working for Nintendo conference in E3? God she was aweful

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I think he should stay, he's merely a spokeperson who is out there fighting.

if someone should go. where is that super annoying lady working for Nintendo conference in E3? God she was aweful

I'm pretty sure she;s gone. =p

He, if he actually has real influence (which is at the core of the debate in who within Nintendo is "to blame"), certainly dropped the ball at the end of the current generation, but we need more insight into Nintendo's coming strategy to see whether NoA's specific leadership might be effective

The better debate might be whether NoA's decision making capabilities as an independent body ought to be stripped away

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Isn't Nintendo of Japan the one that decides what the other two should do? its not like they are waiting for Reggi to decide if they should release the games in the US. Seriously get real!

He should stay!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Isn't Nintendo of Japan the one that decides what the other two should do? its not like they are waiting for Reggi to decide if they should release the games in the US. Seriously get real!

He should stay!

Then he probably shouldn't have come out with the statement we are watching the sales or something to that effect.  It made it seem like NoA was watching if the game sold decently in NoE.  I guess he didn't want to make it look like he had no influence at all (if that is the case).  Basically, with the Wii software drought they could have easily brought 100-200k copies over to the Americas to see how they sold.  I am pretty sure these games would have sold at least 100k in Americas.  They have been bringing Fire Emblem games over to the Americas which don't really sell that much but somehow these other titles had to stand up to a test for Americas?  Perhaps, if Reggie didn't talk then he would actually look better.

i really like Reggie. I'd hate for him to go

Machina said:
Yes, though mainly just because the guy gives me the creeps (in a bad way, unlike Cammie).

You mean the Cammie who "stole the show" at Nintendo's horrendous 2008 E3 press conference?  Yeah, put her in charge of NoA... for endless lulz and cringe-inducing presentations and gameplay demos haha.

Reggie has been losing some of his luster over the past couple of years, especially after E3 this year where he insisted that the 3DS was doing just fine and that it didn't need a pricedrop, and then just over a month or so later Nintendo announces a pricedrop.   That left him with some fried eggs on his face lol.

Lately he seems to be shedding his "kick butt and take names" persona that Ninty fanboys have attributed to him over the years, and instead has embellished the role of corporate PR hack, like the head of Sony who said $599 wasn't too high a price for the PS3 launch, and that people will want to get second jobs just so they can afford it lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

sethnintendo said:
Roma said:

He should stay!

Then he probably shouldn't have come out with the statement we are watching the sales or something to that effect.  It made it seem like NoA was watching if the game sold decently in NoE.  I guess he didn't want to make it look like he had no influence at all (if that is the case).  Basically, with the Wii software drought they could have easily brought 100-200k copies over to the Americas to see how they sold.  I am pretty sure these games would have sold at least 100k in Americas.  They have been bringing Fire Emblem games over to the Americas which don't really sell that much but somehow these other titles had to stand up to a test for Americas?  Perhaps, if Reggie didn't talk then he would actually look better.

If NOJ feels the games won’t sell then that is what NOA will fallow, it’s not Reggie’s decision as he is not the main president of Nintendo

When he says “we” he means Nintendo as a whole not just NOA

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(