By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think Reggie should go?

Should Reggie be fired from NoA?

Yes 36 48.00%

No 25 33.33%

Don't care 14 18.67%

Total:75

I was just wanting to know your thoughts about Reggie Fils-Aime.  I really don't even give a shit who runs the position but when the person that is President of NoA starts putting bullshit goalposts on whether a game should be released in America (even with English translations already done for Europe) then that starts to upset me.  His response was completely lame and a slap in face towards the Nintendo fan base in the Americas.  Let's wait and see how well it sells....  How about I wait and see if you can ever not look googly eyed?  Not trying to get into personal insults but Reggie needs to find another job.  I never cared for him even when he became "popular" at E3 O4.

Anyways, what do you guys think?  Would you like to see him fired?  Do you want him to stay?   Do you care?

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

I was just wanting to know your thoughts about Reggie Fils-Aime.  I really don't even give a shit who runs the position but when the person that is President of NoA starts putting bullshit goalposts on whether a game should be released in America (even with English translations already done for Europe) then that starts to upset me.  His response was completely lame and a slap in face towards the Nintendo fan base in the Americas.  Let's wait and see how well it sells....  How about I wait and see if you can ever not look googly eyed?  Not trying to get into personal insults but Reggie needs to find another job.  I never cared for him even when he became "popular" at E3 O4.

Anyways, what do you guys think?  Would you like to see him fired?  Do you want him to stay?   Do you care?

Nice one Play4Fun.... I should have expected that.

well i dont think reggie is doing it wrong, its just that NoJ Makes all the decisions, and he has to defend them in some way. without any influence. i am damn sure that he'd like to have Xenoblade, Pandoras Tower and Last Story in America, since this is the place hes responsible for, but Japanese Nintendo just trolls him all the time.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I've never really like Reggie and wouldn't care if he left, but I just don't understand the level of hate for him. NoE skipped the localisation of Soma Bringer, but it doesn't mean I want Satoru Shibata's head on a plate.

Around the Network

Reggie is terrible right now, he failed to bring games, and now he is an hypocrite.

He's done a good job until the past 2 years. So no i don't think he deserves to be fired, not at all. At least from Nintendo's point of view. People seem to forget that they will prioritize sales and profits over delivering the games some (and the minority) want. I think it depends on how the Wii U is received.

And please guys, don't get your feelings involved. I mean i didn't like Apple or Steve Jobs (may he RIP) that much, but i never thought he deserved to be fired (that would be crazy). Same with Reggie, he annoys the hell out of me, but he excelled in his first few years and that's what matters in the end.

I'd say no. You have to look at what he did after he got the job.

Sure things haven't gone that swimmingly the last couple of years, but let's see what he does.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Machina said:
Yes, though mainly just because the guy gives me the creeps (in a bad way, unlike Cammie).

May I ask how Cammie give you the creeps in a good way?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Yes, he should go. To Hell.