By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 7 Thread

Tagged games:

How many tracks have been confirmed for the game? Will it have 16 new and 16 retro like in MK Wii or will it have less?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
No Diddy Kong! :'(

No Diddy?!?  That's a crime!

Makes me wish Rare was still with Nintendo, as I'd much rather have a sequel to DKR than yet another Mario Kart.  DKR best racing game on N64 period.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
How many tracks have been confirmed for the game? Will it have 16 new and 16 retro like in MK Wii or will it have less?

32 (16 new and 16 retro), SNES Rainbow Road will be the first retro Rainbow Road to appear in a Mario Kart Game.

The only thing (well, together with the absence of Dry Bones) which bothers me is the blue shell...for months they showed it changed into the N64 type of blue shell, without wings, which hit everyone on his way. Just in the last two months it returned the Wii type one...which we all know how annoying is!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

NightDragon83 said:
Solid-Stark said:
No Diddy Kong! :'(

No Diddy?!?  That's a crime!

Makes me wish Rare was still with Nintendo, as I'd much rather have a sequel to DKR than yet another Mario Kart.  DKR best racing game on N64 period.

Yeah man that was my character! oh well

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

I like how they included those new characters, but there was no need to remove the other ones :(. Oh well, I still can't wait! My 3DS will be getting a lot of play time soon.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

It looks like we're going to start getting reviews now. Eurogamer have published theirs....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-mario-kart-7-review

8/10

VGChartz

Xxain said:
I will be using Shy Guy.. so hush.

Same here if he is going to be in the light weight class.  Do you think he is going to be in the light class or medium?  I assume light weight.  Not too sure about Shy Guy's size but he always seemed pretty small to me.

Any idea what the "Lucky 7" item is? This is the first I have heard of that.

Sounds like it's going to be awesome!