By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 7 Thread

Tagged games:

Mr Khan said:
morenoingrato said:
Honestly, I think Nintendo got lazy with the cast.
Where the hell are:

Baby Mario?
Baby Luigi?
Baby Peach?
Baby Daisy?
Toadette?
Dry Bones?
Diddy Kong?
Bowser Jr.?
Birdo?
Waluigi?
King Boo?
Funky Kong?
Dry Bowser?

Basically, half of MKWii's cast is missing, and instead of at least bringing back Petey Pirantha of Paratroopa from DD they bring us:

Metal Mario? WTF? Lazy.
Queen Bee? Boo!
Wiggler? Okay, that is cool.
Shy Guy? No ONE will ever use him.
Lakitu? Okay, kinda cool.

I'll still get it, but the cast has really turned me off.
You may say MKDS had few characters and was still a great game, but guess what? Times have changed, and we are 6 years past MKDS's launch.

At the end of the day it more depends upon the weight class of the characters retained versus the weight class of the characters dropped. Do we know enough to definitively say if one character will be more useful or not?

To me, the light characters were the most useful and the ones I had the most fun with, so this is a definitive letdown.

I'm really gonna miss the babies.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Honestly, I think Nintendo got lazy with the cast.
Where the hell are:

Baby Mario?
Baby Luigi?
Baby Peach?
Baby Daisy?
Toadette?
Dry Bones?
Diddy Kong?
Bowser Jr.?
Birdo?
Waluigi?
King Boo?
Funky Kong?
Dry Bowser?

Basically, half of MKWii's cast is missing, and instead of at least bringing back Petey Pirantha of Paratroopa from DD they bring us:

Metal Mario? WTF? Lazy.
Queen Bee? Boo!
Wiggler? Okay, that is cool.
Shy Guy? No ONE will ever use him.
Lakitu? Okay, kinda cool.

I'll still get it, but the cast has really turned me off.
You may say MKDS had few characters and was still a great game, but guess what? Times have changed, and we are 6 years past MKDS's launch.

Nintendo have announced 17 characters for Mario Kart 7 but this does seem like unusual number for characters, here's hoping they bump the roster to 24 characters.

I don't care about the roster. As long as the sounds they make while boosting, jumping or getting hit aren't overly annoying, I don't care who I'm driving with.

But I am troubled by the tracks they picked from Mario Kart Wii for the Retro Cups. The only good one is Koopa Cape.

I will be using Shy Guy.. so hush.

i'm excited about shy guy, little less so on wiggler and lakitu- not so much for the queen bee

really hope that birdo and waluigi make it

Around the Network

Are people glad to see the Mario Kart Wii items go? I wish they kept the Mega Mushroom though.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Are people glad to see the Mario Kart Wii items go? I wish they kept the Mega Mushroom though.

I couldn't be happier that there is no thunder cloud

Well, I guess if they fix those massive shortcoming that MKWii had like battle mode, 1 vs. 1 , I will forgive the horrible rooster.

I wish they'd bring back the feather from the first game, but seeing as apparently every racer can now glide through the air during certain big jumps, I guess that would defeat the purpose of the feather.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

that thunder cloud was awful, its great that it is not in here

No Diddy Kong! :'(

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)