By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Consoles - When do you think they'll arrive?

WiiU 2012

PS4 late 2012 -2013, remotely 2014
X720 2013 with the launch of Halo 5? and Kinect 2.0,

I think MS will be most likely the last in the race, and with possibly Sony will come out around the same time. Sony's current troubles are certainly going to slow the release of the PS4. I think much of it will depend on how well the WiiU does or doesn't do.

If the other HD consoles can still sell well against it, why come out with a new expensive console? If the new Zelda was coming out exclusively on the WiiU then N would really have something, but I don't know what major games are going to push the brand.

MS wants to continue to expand on Kinect and as long as they can compete well. There seems to be no reason to upgrade, plus if the Kinect with other languages starts working well with the new dashboard. It could really boast sales in Europe and elsewhere.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

WiiU Q3 Japan- Q4 Everywhere else.
720- Q32013 PS4 Q12014

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

September 2012 for Wii U
November 2012 - early 2013 for X720
holyday 2013 - early 2014 for PS4

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

ill make a bet with anyone that ps4 will come out before the nextbox

yo_john117 said:
Wii U--Early Q3 in Japan, Early Q4 everywhere else.
Next Box--Either Late 2012 or Q3 2013 (it's really up in the air for that)
PS4--Late 2012 or late 2013

This.

Around the Network

Wii U will come out holidays 2012
PS4/nexbox holidays 2013

lol @ nexbox releasing next year rumours

NightDragon83 said:
hudsoniscool said:
NightDragon83 said:

Oh for cryin' out loud, not ANOTHER one of these threads!

For the last friggin' time:

Wii U... Holiday 2012 all regions
X720... Holiday 2013 NA and Europe, Japan either end of '13 or early '14
PS4... Holiday 2014 all regions, with an earlier Japanese launch possible.

Couple of things here: There is a REMOTE possibility that Sony could push up the PS4's release schedule to coincide with the X720 in late 2013, but a 2014 launch seems more likely at this point.

There is ZERO possibility of the X720 coming out in 2012. All the big 2012 games like Halo 4 and GTAV have been confirmed for 360 and current gen, not next gen, so M$ would be launching a new console with absolutely nothing to show for it in the software department.

i have followed halo 4's development so closely. Microsoft nor 343 have NEVER ONCE said halo 4 was not coming on the next xbox.  They always say it will be on 360 but they never say it wont be on next xbox.

They confirmed at E3 that it's coming for the 360 in 2012.  They are not going to do a "Twilight Princess" with this game and launch a slightly-better-graphics version alongside a new console next year like so many people on here are suggesting, and how they came up with that idea I'll never know.

Honestly, what sense would it make?  The only benefit the new system would give the game is prettier graphics... same gameplay, same online capabilites, same everything else.  Halo 4 is going to be the 360's "swan song", and Halo 5 will probably come out in 2014 for the 360's successor.

yes they confirmed it on 360 but agian i say they never said that it wont come on the next console as well.

on The next console not only would it have better graphics but less framerate problems as well(halo reach laged up when high number of enemys came on screen in both singleplayer and mp), also it could have extra modes not possible(or up to standard) like 12 vs 12, or space battles al la battlefront 2. Also why do people always assume halo 5 will have 2 years of development, some say 1. Every main halo game has had 3+ years of development, halo 4 having four years by release.

I personly think it would make alot of sense to have halo 4 on the next console. It would sell a couple million more that way and it would help the next console sell better.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Its reasurring to see that Sony uses one year to announce and then launch in the next year. That means they will be behind a year yet again.

MS with the 360 announced and launched in the same year, and with rumors that they want to match Nintendo's release, it looks like the trend will continue.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

i dont heard about new MS console. Can we have a link ? :)

Hard to argue against The Source in this case I have to admit. The argument about time from rumors to launch is solid.  But I don't want any of the HD successors to launch in 2012 and I think it would be a huge mistake.

PS360 has plenty of life left in them and it feels like I've just started to build up my library of games for them (over 15 games for the PS3 now, I am so proud). Plus I want nexgen to come in 2013 and have those 8GB of RAM and "Avatar"-graphics , like those big shot engine developers (Cliffy B, Yerli) have asked for.