By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One FULL SPECS (January 24, 2014)

Gilgamesh said:

Don't know if there's anything knew here but this is supposely the latest rumors for the PS4 http://www.ps4home.net/the-latest-ps4-rumors-28112012/

Interesting parts.

"One of the latest rumors has it that the PS4, or Orbis, could in fact be one of the first Playstation consoles to do away with backwards compatibility."

Makes sense as they killed it off in the PS3 and PS portable line already and are clearly focusing on digital releases of older content.

"1.) An official release date announcement is just around the corner, and 2.) We might soon get a peek at any launch titles that are coming our way."

This some of us, me, already knew was coming.

MSony will show off in a preview sort of way both of their new consoles very early in 2013. They both plan on unveiling full details at E3 and then launching in holidays 2013. Its just too obvious not to happen. They only held off at this year's E3 to make more money on current gen. But with continued double digit declines in YOY sales, they must launch in 2013.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Gilgamesh said:

Don't know if there's anything knew here but this is supposely the latest rumors for the PS4 http://www.ps4home.net/the-latest-ps4-rumors-28112012/

Interesting parts.

"One of the latest rumors has it that the PS4, or Orbis, could in fact be one of the first Playstation consoles to do away with backwards compatibility."

Makes sense as they killed it off in the PS3 and PS portable line already and are clearly focusing on digital releases of older content.

"1.) An official release date announcement is just around the corner, and 2.) We might soon get a peek at any launch titles that are coming our way."

This some of us, me, already knew was coming.

MSony will show off in a preview sort of way both of their new consoles very early in 2013. They both plan on unveiling full details at E3 and then launching in holidays 2013. Its just too obvious not to happen. They only held off at this year's E3 to make more money on current gen. But with continued double digit declines in YOY sales, they must launch in 2013.

I suspect they'll use Gaikai streaming/similar feature to alleviate the lack of backwards compatability. Maybe as an addition to PS+, or on a game-by-game basis. It'll mean buying your old games again though (more money for Sony).

The only thing I wish is if all the games or a huge list of older games are already in the store or (Gaikai) instead of taking 6 years to slowly release only a few hundred games.

Gilgamesh said:

No there is absolutely nothing in that blog (probably a 12 year old kid with too much time and no writing talent). This zero-content was already posted on N4G and I wished people would not constantly repost stupid stuff from over there that contain ZERO information.

umm actually isn't this the latest 'rumor'

Playstation 4 is using Thebe-J which hasn't finished yet nor is it related to the Jaguar or Trinity or Kaveri architectures. The only one that is showing any signs of finalization is Xbox's Kryptos which is a >450 mm² chip. To get back on Thebe-J it was delayed from Trinity side-by-side development to Kaveri side-by-side development.

I assume if they are going to use Jaguar it is going to be in a big.LITTLE formation. Which will have them in a configuration where the Jaguar portion will control all of the system, os, etc stuff that generally isn't compute intensive. While the Thebe portion will control all of the gaming, hpc, etc. stuff that is generally compute intensive. Since, each year the performance part of the Playstation Orbis was upgraded it is safe to assume that they are going for an APU with the specs.

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670
400 VLIW5 + 480 VLIW5 => 880 VLIW5 -> VLIW4 => 704

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670
384 VLIW4 + 480 VLIW5 => 864 VLIW4/5 -> VLIW4 => 768

I have heard that the third generation of the test Orbis uses an APU with GCN2.
Unknown APU + HD8770
384 GCN2 + 768 GCN2 -> 1152 GCN2

It is assumed that the APU only has four cores because AMD doesn't plan to increase the core count other than the GPU cores from now on.

via neogaf/jeff rigby/anandtechforums

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Playstation 4 is using Thebe-J which hasn't finished yet nor is it related to the Jaguar or Trinity or Kaveri architectures. The only one that is showing any signs of finalization is Xbox's Kryptos which is a >450 mm² chip. To get back on Thebe-J it was delayed from Trinity side-by-side development to Kaveri side-by-side development.

I assume if they are going to use Jaguar it is going to be in a big.LITTLE formation. Which will have them in a configuration where the Jaguar portion will control all of the system, os, etc stuff that generally isn't compute intensive. While the Thebe portion will control all of the gaming, hpc, etc. stuff that is generally compute intensive. Since, each year the performance part of the Playstation Orbis was upgraded it is safe to assume that they are going for an APU with the specs.

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670

Unknown APU + HD8770

It is assumed that the APU only has four cores because AMD doesn't plan to increase the core count other than the GPU cores from now on.

:/ What is different in that post that has not been in my OP for months already? ... or was your first comment not meant for me?

superchunk said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670

Unknown APU + HD8770

:/ What is different in that post that has not been in my OP for months already? ... or was your first comment not meant for me?

umm not sure if you didn't read my complete post...but the latest 'rumor' is different from the specs you have in the OP right? For example the GPU. I am not tech savvy guy so unless I'm missing it I don't see any mention of the thebes-j  either

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

snip

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670

Unknown APU + HD8770

I find it hard to believe the HD8770 part, if only because the HD8xxx series of cards have been delayed to at least March 2013, making it a very risky bet for Sony (or Msoft) to use one of those cards if they plan to launch the console later in 2013.

Certainly it's not impossible, but it will bring another problems to the table (cost, available supply, etc).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

M.U.G.E.N said:

snip

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670

Unknown APU + HD8770

I find it hard to believe the HD8770 part, if only because the HD8xxx series of cards have been delayed to at least March 2013, making it a very risky bet for Sony (or Msoft) to use one of those cards if they plan to launch the console later in 2013.

Certainly it's not impossible, but it will bring another problems to the table (cost, available supply, etc).

Didn't they do that with the Vita?

Gilgamesh said:
JEMC said:

M.U.G.E.N said:

snip

First:
A8-3850 + HD 7670

Second:
A10-5700 + HD-7670

Unknown APU + HD8770

Didn't they do that with the Vita?

Can't say as I don't play with handhelds so I don't pay too much atention to their development.

But being Sony, anything is possible.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.