By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox 360 Will Be The #1 Selling Current Gen Console WW in 2012 - Updated April PS3 Lead 842K

What do you believe in?

yes X-box will sell the most 89 22.82%

nope PS3 will get it 234 60.00%

idk it will be close 37 9.49%

Wii will win both 2011 and 12 30 7.69%

Total:390

Its been 3 years since a price cut. No doubt MS is raking in all that extra profit this holiday.

I say its a perfect time to drop in Marchish of 2012 to compensate for lower buying demand.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
i found this part of the post in particular to be amusing

"there also wont be any of sonys big sequels releasing for it like UC, GoW, KZ, Resistance, ect., while MS will have console exclusives like Halo 4, Ryse, Fable Journey, Witcher 2, Minecraft, Haunt, Steel Batallion, and Project Draco along with timed exclusive Skyrim DLC and maybe even GTA5 timed exclusive stuff."

so the last guardian, dust 514, twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper and whatever other ps3 exclusives will be available next year aren't "big" enough to be compared alongside

"hardcore" kinect games, games available on other platforms and dlc

beyond that though i defintely agree on the halo 4 part though that should move a lot of 360s but other than that lol

Thats Microsoft undermining the hardcore gamer. They assume just because something has blood and gore that its hardcore. Hardcore games are in depth titles with complex controls, gameplay and stories to satisfy the enthusiast above the casual crowd. Kinect has never delievered the core experience and analysts are still trying to figure out what Microsoft means by Kinect for the core. They have most definitely lost touch with the crowd they tapped 2005-2008. 

BHR....read this..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212831p1.html#disqus_thread

This is why the 360 will not outsell the PS3. If the PS3 had launched with the 360 without the years head start the PS3 would be ahead of the 360 by over 10 million consoles. You can see by the PS3's advances that they have Microsofts number worldwide.

I say nay

If the 360 did not do it this year, they won't next year. Price cut or not for 360, the PS3 will be $199 next year and will continue to sell. Kinect is really not a big deal outside of holiday times and US.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

It'll be #1 in America, that's for sure. Worldwide, probably not, especially if they announce the NextBox to be released in 2012 at the 2012 CES in a couple months. If they push the release to 2013 like I think they will and do a nice price drop in the Spring of 2012 ($150 - 4GB Xbox 360, $250 -250GB XBox 360 bundle & $350 Xbox 360/Kinect bundle) they might have a chance. Do to the Wii U coming out next year, the original Wii is pretty much done. The Wii will be dropped to $99 after the Wii U launches. The PS3 still has the momentum during the off months and it's mostly because Microsoft doesn't release many must have exclusives during the off months. M$ should have 1-2 exclusives ready to launch every month, with Oct - Dec seeing 2-5 exclusives in those months. I would bundle every critical exclusive (i.e. Halo, Forza, Alan Wake, Fable, Gears etc...)

'gaming till I'm gone'

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BHR....read this..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1212831p1.html#disqus_thread

This is why the 360 will not outsell the PS3. If the PS3 had launched with the 360 without the years head start the PS3 would be ahead of the 360 by over 10 million consoles. You can see by the PS3's advances that they have Microsofts number worldwide.

The xbox 360 would have still outsold the PS3 for the first year and half because no one would want to pay $600 for a PS3 for the first 2 years it was on the market. The main reason for the PS3 advance in sales was do to the price cut and release of the PS3 Slim. If Sony never did those two thing, it would have never caught the Xbox 360. Keep the PS3 price aqt $600 and the XBox 360 at $400 for 6 straight years and tell me who would be ahead right now? lol!! Once the price of the PS3 got to be reasonable, all the Japanese gamers finally decided to buy it. There are more PS3 fans in Europe & Japan then XBox 360 fans. That's really the difference in sales. These foreign country rarely embrace American systems. If America did the same to the PS3, what Japan does to the XBox 360, the PS3 would never win.

'gaming till I'm gone'

thismeintiel said:
I don't think it will happen for a few reasons. For one, next year sales for all the consoles will be dropping with the release of the Wii U, as well as announcements of new systems at E3 2012. Second, the 360 already has a $199 SKU. Yes, a drop of the 250GB SKU to $199 will give it a nice boost, but not like the boost it would give it if there were no $199 SKU already. Third, I see Sony most likely dropping the PS3 to $199 next year around the launch of the Wii U to help deter shoppers from it. And finally, while 360 has Halo 4 next year, 343 has yet to prove themselves at making a great Halo game, so we will have to see how well that goes. Plus, the PS3 has plenty of exclusives coming in 2012, some of which will be quite big. Sorcery, The Guardian, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper 4, Final Fantasy Versus 13, and GOW4 (rumored). Of course, I'm sure Sony will have some other games to announce, as well.

So, I see the PS3 having a really good shot at taking 2012.

You forgot Starhawk. And really, Sorcery? Twisted Metal? Sly Cooper? Did you see what manner of exclusives the PS3 had this year and how they sold? Yet you expect this crap to move systems. Hmm... I think SON¥ has dealt it strongest hand already. BTW, that FFvsXIII entry? Don't hold your breath.

Funny how you say ps3 won't have any big ps3 exklusives games next year and you list a few xbox260 games and the only big one their is Halo 4.

The xbox360 will probably do best next year but that won't be because of the games it will for the price cut.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

reviniente said:
thismeintiel said:
I don't think it will happen for a few reasons. For one, next year sales for all the consoles will be dropping with the release of the Wii U, as well as announcements of new systems at E3 2012. Second, the 360 already has a $199 SKU. Yes, a drop of the 250GB SKU to $199 will give it a nice boost, but not like the boost it would give it if there were no $199 SKU already. Third, I see Sony most likely dropping the PS3 to $199 next year around the launch of the Wii U to help deter shoppers from it. And finally, while 360 has Halo 4 next year, 343 has yet to prove themselves at making a great Halo game, so we will have to see how well that goes. Plus, the PS3 has plenty of exclusives coming in 2012, some of which will be quite big. Sorcery, The Guardian, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper 4, Final Fantasy Versus 13, and GOW4 (rumored). Of course, I'm sure Sony will have some other games to announce, as well.

So, I see the PS3 having a really good shot at taking 2012.

You forgot Starhawk. And really, Sorcery? Twisted Metal? Sly Cooper? Did you see what manner of exclusives the PS3 had this year and how they sold? Yet you expect this crap to move systems. Hmm... I think SON¥ has dealt it strongest hand already. BTW, that FFvsXIII entry? Don't hold your breath.

I said some would be quite big, not ALL.  I expect Twisted Metal to be a decent launch, which should push a few extra sales of HW.  Nothing major, of course.  Sony still has some cards to show.  They have the drop to $199, which will most likely happen next year.  And regardless of what you think of certain exclusives, it's always better to have some releasing every couple months or so, as opposed to having few to none releasing.  It's one of the reasons Sony was able to gain a 1.5 million lead over the 360 before the holidays even hit this year.  As far as FFV13 goes, I have full confidence it will release next year.  At least I do after the announcement that the production team is finally all back and working on it full time, instead of helping other teams (who are obviously lacking) finish their projects.