By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox 360 Will Be The #1 Selling Current Gen Console WW in 2012 - Updated April PS3 Lead 842K

What do you believe in?

yes X-box will sell the most 89 22.82%

nope PS3 will get it 234 60.00%

idk it will be close 37 9.49%

Wii will win both 2011 and 12 30 7.69%

Total:390

Exactly no exclusives, games like Agent and FFXIII versus we haven't heard from in years and most likely are not gonna be exclusive.

Is GoW 4 even confirmed? Since if it is there a total of 2 games to be hyped for, now thats still one more than for 360 so don't get me wrong. But i still say there are no exclusives that will move consoles for PS3 going forward, at least not announced.

Around the Network

OP, your list shows that the PS3 has gained more ground in its five years than the 360 has gained in six. Year for year Sony has more ground covered. It would be more precise to say the 360 will push more software not hardware. I am at Bestbuy right now as I write this and literally the majority of the people here are buying PS3's during black friday. I've already counted like about 30 something people buying 360's and like 70 (from my friends count) buying PS3's from my count. I counted like 65 in line but i guess I missed some. I'm buying Assassins Creed dirt cheap! :)

Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
All I know is what I see. The 360 has a problem when it comes to EMEAA and Japan. America alone will not make it the number one selling console next year. As long as the PS3 dominates sales in both of those other two territories, the 360's chances dwindle down to nothing.

No they don't, what a stupid thing to say. Japan is much much smaller than EMEAA and Americas, and is on par with UK. MS just needs to be competant in Europe to compete, dwindling down to nothing? no.

That said, without knowing what's happening next year it's far too close to call right now.

Think of how much ground Microsoft has covered in America. If Sony somehow got another chuck of that crowd Microsoft is kinda screwed this gen. 

don't worry,the PS3 have 32767+ next year's exclusives(even it wasn't officially announced right now) and 360 have about 0 next year's exclusive
some peoples always said that every year,so don't need to be worry

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:
All I know is what I see. The 360 has a problem when it comes to EMEAA and Japan. America alone will not make it the number one selling console next year. As long as the PS3 dominates sales in both of those other two territories, the 360's chances dwindle down to nothing.

No they don't, what a stupid thing to say. Japan is much much smaller than EMEAA and Americas, and is on par with UK. MS just needs to be competant in Europe to compete, dwindling down to nothing? no.

That said, without knowing what's happening next year it's far too close to call right now.

Think of how much ground Microsoft has covered in America. If Sony somehow got another chuck of that crowd Microsoft is kinda screwed this gen. 

While the second part of your statement is chronically enthusiastic at best, the first one is fact. Think 'bout it.

Around the Network
reviniente said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
spurgeonryan said:

While the second part of your statement is chronically enthusiastic at best, the first one is fact. Think 'bout it.

I state this because the PS3/360 are essentially a similar market, so its not a far off assumption. The PS3 will pass the 360 before the end of the gen. To fight back against Sonys advances, Microsoft must have some stellar numbers to even beat Sonys year. As I said, same crowd. Some might want to have both a PS3 and 360 and this year Sony definitely games more reasons to core gamers to eye their console.

I don't think it will happen for a few reasons. For one, next year sales for all the consoles will be dropping with the release of the Wii U, as well as announcements of new systems at E3 2012. Second, the 360 already has a $199 SKU. Yes, a drop of the 250GB SKU to $199 will give it a nice boost, but not like the boost it would give it if there were no $199 SKU already. Third, I see Sony most likely dropping the PS3 to $199 next year around the launch of the Wii U to help deter shoppers from it. And finally, while 360 has Halo 4 next year, 343 has yet to prove themselves at making a great Halo game, so we will have to see how well that goes. Plus, the PS3 has plenty of exclusives coming in 2012, some of which will be quite big. Sorcery, The Guardian, Twisted Metal, Sly Cooper 4, Final Fantasy Versus 13, and GOW4 (rumored). Of course, I'm sure Sony will have some other games to announce, as well.

So, I see the PS3 having a really good shot at taking 2012.

With pricecut YES... if not HELL NO.

I can't see 360 selling more than this year without a pricecut... and I don't expect PS3 to sell less than 13M in 2012.

mundus6 said:
Exactly no exclusives, games like Agent and FFXIII versus we haven't heard from in years and most likely are not gonna be exclusive.

we haven't heard about AGENT in 2 years time,that normal for a Rockstar game like max payne,RDR,etc and FFXIII versus is normal too like long wait for FFXIII and other square enix titles which fans had to wait long for

and they maybe exclusive or not in the future,they are exclusive at this point in time so that is all we can debate.

making predictions like they may be exclusive or not is as good as saying 360 may be top console next year.its jst a prediction,nothing else.

my take on both their exclusivities:

as for agent being exlcusive or not,it most probably will as sony's exlcusiveity agreement is in place.

as for FFXIII versus,its exclusivity will depend upon sales of FFXIII-2.if 360 version sales don't make up near PS3 when they are launching at similar time-frame as compared to FFXIII PS3-japan exclusive then it will surely be an exclusive.even if it wasn't exclusive,it will end up in the same sales category as FFXIII and upcoming FFXIII-2 where it helps PS3 alot.

Is GoW 4 even confirmed? Since if it is there a total of 2 games to be hyped for, now thats still one more than for 360 so don't get me wrong.

its not confirmed but then alot of other things ain't

but if you would closely follow leaks and news material as hardcore gaming forums do.you would know its coming.

But i still say there are no exclusives that will move consoles for PS3 going forward, at least not announced.

agree but jst follow closely and you will know what all is coming

people jst didn't start talking about MGS peace walker,rising,halo anniversery,360 S,PS3 SLIMMER,WiiU,etc months before they were announced.they were all not announced but we knew they are coming by sales expectations,analysis,company Strategy,fans expectations,etc

that is what forums are about.

i found this part of the post in particular to be amusing

"there also wont be any of sonys big sequels releasing for it like UC, GoW, KZ, Resistance, ect., while MS will have console exclusives like Halo 4, Ryse, Fable Journey, Witcher 2, Minecraft, Haunt, Steel Batallion, and Project Draco along with timed exclusive Skyrim DLC and maybe even GTA5 timed exclusive stuff."

so the last guardian, dust 514, twisted metal, starhawk, sly cooper and whatever other ps3 exclusives will be available next year aren't "big" enough to be compared alongside

"hardcore" kinect games, games available on other platforms and dlc

beyond that though i defintely agree on the halo 4 part though that should move a lot of 360s but other than that lol