By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A new WiiU launch title confirmed!

***** Edit - I would like to apologize to Nsanity for posting a topic which he had previously reported. As such I have reported my two topics related to the thread he created earlier. Until this topic gets closed please post and refer to Nsanity's origional topic here! Thank you for your time and sorry for the double post!

Well Tecmo Koei just confirmed that one of their finest studios is producing a launch title from one of their finest IP. Ninja Gaiden 3:Razor's Edge, the WiiU title will be based off of the version found on 360/PS3 however it is unclear whether it will be a direct port or to what extent the WiiU version will differ from its inferior counter parts. We all knew that Ninja Gaiden would show up on WiiU but Tecmo Koei just confirmed that it will be there day one!

What do you think is Ninja Gaiden 3 a good launch title? Considering it is coming from a third party? It is also a title capable of selling over a million copies. Whats your take?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

You may be late with this thread

Mad55 said:
You may be late with this thread

I think so too. We have known about NG3 for WiiU since E3 and there was a thread about it being a launch title a day ago or so.

I don`t know if it will sell 1 million copies seing as there will be other versions, but i can`t remember seeing a 3rd party game like that one on the launch of a Nintendo console.
Times do change!

spurgeonryan said:
No I think JC7 beat the other guy to it.

nope

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136555&page=1#8

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

You should know by now that it doesn't matter who post it first, but rather who has more replies and which title is subjectively better.

Two more posts and the subject is yours.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

You should know by now that it doesn't matter who post it first, but rather who has more replies and which title is subjectively better.

Two more posts and the subject is yours.

lol, yah that would be true. But I don't like to steal topics from other users and if I am not offering anything in my topic that the other user offers I really see it as being in bad taste to keep my thread up.

What I find funny is I created two threads about the subject of Nsanity's thread. I reported both and asked VGChartz mods to lock them and shut them down. However only one of them was frozen and closed, the one that said "Tecmo accuses VGChartz of under tracking DOA". It pointed out the overwhelming failure by VGChartz to even closely track the game. VGChartz figures were about half of what the game actually sold, while VGChartz members call it a failure due to the faulty figures VGChartz has , Tecmo points out it is actually one of the most successful 3DS games and is a huge reason the company turned a profit.

Its sorta funny that they closed that thread and not this one, even though I requested both be closed. I also hope VGChartz corrects its sales figures to give Tecmo credit where it is due. I realize sometimes mistakes are made and I am sure tracking sales figures is extremely difficult, but to under track crediting Tecmo with only half the sales is a major screw up.

-JC7

Its becoming very easy to spot the threads you make.

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden is a good series but the difficulty can be off putting (for me it was anyway)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

RolStoppable said:
Joelcool7 said:

lol, yah that would be true. But I don't like to steal topics from other users and if I am not offering anything in my topic that the other user offers I really see it as being in bad taste to keep my thread up.

What I find funny is I created two threads about the subject of Nsanity's thread. I reported both and asked VGChartz mods to lock them and shut them down. However only one of them was frozen and closed, the one that said "Tecmo accuses VGChartz of under tracking DOA". It pointed out the overwhelming failure by VGChartz to even closely track the game. VGChartz figures were about half of what the game actually sold, while VGChartz members call it a failure due to the faulty figures VGChartz has , Tecmo points out it is actually one of the most successful 3DS games and is a huge reason the company turned a profit.

Its sorta funny that they closed that thread and not this one, even though I requested both be closed. I also hope VGChartz corrects its sales figures to give Tecmo credit where it is due. I realize sometimes mistakes are made and I am sure tracking sales figures is extremely difficult, but to under track crediting Tecmo with only half the sales is a major screw up.

Yesterday I posted this in your other thread: "You shall be forgiven, Joel."

What I meant by this is that it's okay that you mixed up sold and shipped. It happens. Don't keep pushing this misunderstanding though, it's only going to hurt you in the end.

Umm yah to be honest I didn't make any comment about duplicating the thread before your comment. I wasn't refering to your post at all, to be honest I didn't have the faintest clue as to what you were talking about.

Also if you read Tecmo's financial statement and the media and coverage of the financial event you would know that Tecmo stated "Sold" and not shipped. Game companies usually specify shipped when they are talking about shipped and they say sold when they are talking about sold. If they say pushed/shifted then it is harder to tell because they could be refering to either.

In this case if the "Sold" does actually mean "Shipped" then it is not a mistake on my part, it is a misrepresentation of facts on Tecmo Koei's part!

"Dead or Alive Dimensions on 3DS sold 310,000 units worldwide while Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme Legends sold 160,000 units in Japan on PS3" - Tecmo Koei

See told yah!

-JC7