By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what's next for COD?

I'm thinking that we are going to see either another Vietnam era game (like black ops) or possibly a future war game.

They won't go modern because MW has that time period on lock-down, WWII has been done to death, and WWI just honestly seems like a WWII game but with less guns.

Maybe the Korean war?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

lol didtn we had the same exact thread last year?

TT Makaveli said:

lol didtn we had the same exact thread last year?

Probably.  Maybe you could find it and link it so we can see how everyone did predicting MW3 and it's sales.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Blops2 will sell more then MW3, the games are set up to one up each other.

MW3 = Quickscopers all over the place and its very easy to do, MW2 is harder in comparsion.
MW3 = Players dying in 2-3 bullets instead of MW2 3-4 or blops 5+, less room for skilled players and all connection based now, in blops you could escape from battles not anymore.
MW3 = Explosive damage being cut down to almost nothing. Semtex and tubes landing at feet and not killing the player(possible bug?)
MW3 = Horrible maps, worst in the series. Too small and too cramped, no room to even safe spawn for 1second and shoot down air support.
MW3 = Broken spawn system, its just as bad as MW2 for placing players next to where they died. kill a guy then turn the corner and he had respawned. Even sometimes in the same room(died to this last night).
MW3 = Commando is back. I was killed atleast 30times so far to commando knifes of around 10feet. Blops was around 5feet at the most after patches, most times you got no lunge though and just the swipe.

Blops2 will see these issues then fix them. Blops is also known for great maps like Firing Range, Summit, Nuketown, Launch. I only played Domination but those maps were among the best in the entire CoD series. More cold war or Vietnam era battles for Blops 2 and you have an instant winner.

The Quebec Biker War, of course. It's long past due.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

I already have the title and song for that game:

that's a 20 million seller for sure!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

badgenome said:

Good ol' Mom Boucher. Gangland FTW.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

FPS action adventure game spinoff. Sledgehammer are developing it.

Call of Duty 5 will be after that.

i would like to see BlackOps 2 i liked the 1st ones campaign personally thought was the best

i dont know bout what era they would use but i feel they will keep it modern and a bit futuristic i doubt anything prior to Black ops would sell as good

what i think(want) is next for it would be a new engine i dont see that happening with wiius release but with the next PS or X-box. i would want more player animation like recently released BF3 and crysis2 the way you can see your legs and arms while prone or vaulting over cover.

Play Me

Wait...... has it even changed from Modern Warfare?