By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions: PS3 vs 360 sales gap after holdiays

VGC gap after Christmas: 2.95

Official gap after Christmas: 2.25

Around the Network

Official sales gap = 1.5m. VGChartz sales gap = 1.7m.
Shipped gap = 1m as at 31 December, 2011.

Offcial: 1,1m
VGC: 1.9m

snakenobi said:
kitler53 said:
Recent sales sap is as follows:

VGC numbers(sold) - 3.5M

Official Numbers(Shipped) - 3.07M

RECENT sales gap is

VGC:2.5m

Official:2.07

you amde a million error

anyways wats ur prediction?

i appoligize -- allow me to explain my laziness.  I started by coping your numbers and then adjusted to form my prediction.  I think the gap is going to widen by years end to 3.5M and 3.07M which were obvious quick and dirty adjustments of the gap increasing by 1M.

snakenobi said:
Seece said

Wrong, nowhere near that amount. 

oh but they are

No they're not, I have all the financial data in front of me so don't patronise me. They lost 4.2B on the OX, then 3.2B on the Xbox, since they've been profiting they've made 3B profit, their total is 4.35B in the red, that's 6 months before the OX even released.

That has nothing to do with what I said. 

yes it did

No it didn't 

i just told you that alot corporations have monkeys sitting at top which have been wrong again and again

I was attributing NPD to the U.S, nowhere else, so my comment in that regard was fine. 

i didn't say it wasn't

i was just talking about you giving examples of tracking number from these sales agencies

they have been wrong many times out of their wrong tracking or out of coverage area.so just giving examples won't prove ur point

They're not wrong though, they're right, Sony shipping large amonts doesn't prove they're wrong, they just ship a lot to asian , latin american ect countries

No, both 3.4m.

updated

Again, that isn't even what I said. I said they've said in terms of beating PS3 this year they're talking about Sold to consumer, not shipments. Here's the quote.

Eurogamer: So when you say number one you mean sales?

Chris Lewis: I mean purely install base with consumers. We don't count units unless they're actually out there and installed. This isn't shipments. This isn't revenue. This is install base of consoles.

They know the difference between shipments and sold to consumers (last year up to end of december they used sold to consumer with Kinect which was dead in line with the site, then in late January they used shipments, for that they're known to use both sets of numbers, but they're NOT the same.)

Here they're not saying they'll use shipments as that measure as to outselling Sony, but sold to consumer.

we have no way of knowing if they are completely true as companies  play with their data to confuse people about high shipment or high shipments

We'll know, if Microsoft ship above 1.3M more than Sony this Q(which is what my prediction is roughly) then they've shipped 400k more than Sony for the year, meaning they're ahead.

yeah we have seen a trend of MS low shipments and high consumer sales but that is dependent on what MS does.

this thread is not about discussing what they do

you just predict based on what you think they will do and what will be the gap

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Official sales gap = 1.5m. VGChartz sales gap = 1.7m.
Shipped gap = 1m as at 31 December, 2011.

Shipped gap is official sales gap

please clarify ur numbers

kitler53 said:
snakenobi said:
kitler53 said:
Recent sales sap is as follows:

VGC numbers(sold) - 3.5M

Official Numbers(Shipped) - 3.07M

RECENT sales gap is

VGC:2.5m

Official:2.07

you amde a million error

anyways wats ur prediction?

i appoligize -- allow me to explain my laziness.  I started by coping your numbers and then adjusted to form my prediction.  I think the gap is going to widen by years end to 3.5M and 3.07M which were obvious quick and dirty adjustments of the gap increasing by 1M.

alright i have taken down ur numbers as:

Official gap : 3.07m

VGC gap : 3.5m

Seece said

No they're not, I have all the financial data in front of me so don't patronise me. They lost 4.2B on the OX, then 3.2B on the Xbox, since they've been profiting they've made 3B profit, their total is 4.35B in the red, that's 6 months before the OX even released.

they lost close to $9.5billion and then made profit and brought it down to $6.7billion

No it didn't 

yes it did

as you were trying to imply that MS's top executives couldn't b wrong and they have been wrong again and again

balmer predictions have been so wrong over the years

They're not wrong though, they're right, Sony shipping large amonts doesn't prove they're wrong, they just ship a lot to asian , latin american ect countries

yeah but VGC doesn't track well there so we can't know if SONY is over shipping by VGC's figures or low shipping by high demand in those areas

Here they're not saying they'll use shipments as that measure as to outselling Sony, but sold to consumer.

we have no way of knowing if they are completely true as companies  play with their data to confuse people about high shipment or high shipments

We'll know, if Microsoft ship above 1.3M more than Sony this Q(which is what my prediction is roughly) then they've shipped 400k more than Sony for the year, meaning they're ahead.

they outship or outsell

it doesn't matter to this thread

only the gap btw their numbers doe

VGC gap: 3.1
Official gap: 3.1

snakenobi said:
reviniente said:
VGC: 3m+. The mechanics behind the 'official' sales gap escape me.

what about them?

please predict both

By 'official', do we mean what manufacturers will decide to ship or definitive industry reports like NPD and Media Create? Fine, I'll predict both. I'll take 'official' as shipped.

VGC: 3.1m

'official' [sigh]: 2.85m