By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predictions: PS3 vs 360 sales gap after holdiays

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

postofficebuddy 0.8m, oh man that's terrible!

Around the Network

tied for best prediction (vgchartz wise at least)!! i is rock store!

kitler53 said:

Gratz!

kitler53 said:

the vgc sales in this thread were the ones VGC would put out with adjustments after Official numbers

so wait till then before celebrating

Seece said:

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

i will update and rank people when official numbers come in and VGC numbers after adjustments come in

Around the Network

An estimate on when we might have a bearing 'bout who won? (We might be here forever.)

Seece said:

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

Well with MS stuffing the channel of course the shipment number will be off. I'd wait until we get Nintendo's Europe charts for sellthrough though. PS3 still needs about a 400k adjustment in Aus/NZ.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

Well with MS stuffing the channel of course the shipment number will be off. I'd wait until we get Nintendo's Europe charts for sellthrough though. PS3 still needs about a 400k adjustment in Aus/NZ.

HA, knew you'd come up with that. We have no proof they've stuffed the channel, even if they did, NOT to the extent of your ridiculous shipment predictions.

We already know they sold to consumer more untis over Q4 than PS3, so you literally, can't use that excuse. Nice try though, be a big man and admit your prediction was awful (and bias)

Just for reference for those wonder, if Sony ship around the 7m mark like we're all expecting it too, Postoffice expected 1.3m less than that  (5.7m)

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

HA, knew you'd come up with that. We have no proof they've stuffed the channel, even if they did, NOT to the extent of your ridiculous shipment predictions.

We already know they sold to consumer more untis over Q4 than PS3, so you literally, can't use that excuse. Nice try though, be a big man and admit your prediction was awful (and bias)

Just for reference for those wonder, if Sony ship around the 7m mark like we're all expecting it too, Postoffice expected 1.3m less than that  (5.7m)

Mmmm? What makes you say that? Like I said we need Nintendo's European charts to verify that, as well as Canadian and Australian NPD. I'm not really talking about the specific shipment or sellthrough numbers, simply the absolute gap between the two consoles. My sellthrough prediction assumed adjustments that I knew we needed in Aus/NZ, Which obviously aggragated before Q4 2011. And likely a bit more for Q4 as well in that region considering the crazy numbers PS3 was pulling there.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:
Seece said:

Bump

3.7m sales

3 - 4 shipped?

Mmmm? What makes you say that? Like I said we need Nintendo's European charts to verify that, as well as Canadian and Australian NPD. I'm not really talking about the specific shipment or sellthrough numbers, simply the absolute gap between the two consoles. My sellthrough prediction assumed adjustments that I knew we needed in Aus/NZ, Which obviously aggragated before Q4 2011. And likely a bit more for Q4 as well in that region considering the crazy numbers PS3 was pulling there.

I'm talking about your shipment gap prediction of 0.8 being whack.

Even in Q1 if MS ship 1m from retailers ordering in too many units over xmas, and Sony ship 2.5m to reach their 15m tagret they have, it still puts the gap at 2m~, so yeah, you can't use the stuffing excuse. It'll all be ironed out after Q1.