By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World War 2:Who was the right one?

Who was right in the long term?

Soviet Union 31 15.98%

Nazi Germany 53 27.32%

USA\UK 110 56.70%

Total:194
BasilZero said:
bonkers555 said:
Marks said:
Clearly Japan was right. Rising Sun FTW.

You are a fuckin idiot! Japanese are equally evil with the Nazi. Go read the rape of Nanking.

I think he was being sarcastic....

No hes not. I don't understand why Japan is not on the list but US/Uk is. It seem that younger generation believe that the Japanese were the victims.

Around the Network

funny how you mention "rape" of eastern europe and dont add hiroshima / nagasaki bombing

France and Britain.

- Had they took all measures to re-integrate Germany post WW1 than WW2 could have been avoided.
- Instead they forced Germany to pay compensation and forced them to take full responsibility for WW1

bonkers555 said:
BasilZero said:
bonkers555 said:
Marks said:

You are a fuckin idiot! Japanese are equally evil with the Nazi. Go read the rape of Nanking.

No hes not. I don't understand why Japan is not on the list but US/Uk is. It seem that younger generation believe that the Japanese were the victims.

It was sarcasm dude. I'm well aware of the rape of Nanking.

In fact I just found out recently my great uncle (or whatever you'd call my Grandpa's uncle) was conscripted into the British army and was captured by the Japanese in Singapore, he spent the rest of the war in a Japanese POW camp. I don't know much about it besides what my Grandpa told me but apparently he was never the same when he came back to Britain. 

Plus I'm in an undergraduate history program so I know plenty about the war and what Japan did. 

Marks said:
bonkers555 said:
BasilZero said:
bonkers555 said:
Marks said:

In fact I just found out recently my great uncle (or whatever you'd call my Grandpa's uncle) was conscripted into the British army and was captured by the Japanese in Singapore, he spent the rest of the war in a Japanese POW camp. I don't know much about it besides what my Grandpa told me but apparently he was never the same when he came back to Britain. 

Plus I'm in an undergraduate history program so I know plenty about the war and what Japan did. 

If thats the case, I apologize for my comments.

Around the Network

Japan most evil

Soviet Union second most evil

Germany third most evil

China fourth most evil

USA/CommonWealth fifth most evil

rest of Europe and Asia sixth most evil

Only innocient people during WW2 was obviously Greenland. Everyone else acted for their own benefits.

Also the only "losers" of WW2 were the middle east, and eastern Europe. Everyone else ended up in a better position then they were in prior to WW2.

kowenicki said:
terrible thread, insulting and tastless.

US/UK? should be a lot more countries in that category for a start.

Where is japan... perhaps lump them in with the Nazi germany side... ?

You expect way too much from someone that would create a thread like this... and missed the senseless nuking of civilians in Japan, too.

Also, huge lol @ USSR being more evil than Germany. I can take Japan, but hahahah.

snakenobi said:
kennyrester said:

No, no, sick of this. I had a whole long post nearly typed out but I'm not going to get sucked in any further.

if only you stopped whining and debated on common sense,facts,etc

You're just being silly now, arguing semantics. The word anti-semitism is widely in use and has a specific meaning.

you defending the words meaning by it being widely used is where you fails

you are saying that you are in favor of ignorance,propaganda,people with lack of knowledge and that people effected by these things make a thing popular then its legit................can't say much to that

So does the term holocaust denial. You might as well argue blue means red or that WW2 never happened at all.

i never argued blue means red or WW2 never happened

but continue to argue that you are in full support of dum soceity,government taking voer liberty and definging how people live their lives and ignorance is your way of life and that it is the right way

stop playing with words as your words are very weak and have no basis

And I'm not American, not sure what gave you that impression

that fact that you licking US government's definition of everything as the 'right' thing to do gave me the impression

yeah your way IRAQ wars,the contuiniung USA banking and financial crisis,the coming IRAN invasion that US government so eargely want to join is the right thing..................................meh

yeah they have been so right that people are just revolting against them for fun

You read an awful lot into what I say. Where exactly did I "argue in full support of dum society, government taking voer liberty" etc? And why exactly did you decide I support the Iraq wars and all that? Because I quoted wiki quoting a US governmental report? 

You also misunderstand a few things. I guess english isn't your first language so not gonna make fun of you about that.

bonkers555 said:
Marks said:
bonkers555 said:
BasilZero said:
bonkers555 said:
Marks said:

If thats the case, I apologize for my comments.

No sweat man, I didn't think anyone would take my comment as anything but sarcasm. 

Dropping the atomic bombs on them might have been a bit overkill but I support the decision to use them, probably saved thousands of Allied lives. 

Marks said:

You should vote for Japan in my WWII Thread. They still don't have a vote.