Around the Network
ethomaz said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
firelink said:
ethomaz said:
firelink said:
This number is shipped.

However, one must realize, that shipping a lot of units to retailers does not always mean a good thing. When MHTri came to the states, Capcom shipped TONS of units to retailers, and they just sat on the shelves.

I believe the same thing is happening here. I noticed sites like Amazon are already discounting the game. It is very likely that retailers and e-tailers are overstocked.

I have another theory... of course retailers overstocked U3 for the Holidays but 3.8 million shipped to 1.2 million sold seems a little undertracked here.

For me VGC numbers are good in US ans way off in EMEAA... so the game may have sold more there than VGC thinks... 800-1000k is my bet just for EMEAA.

In total I guess U3 sold in first week somewhere between 1.5m and 1.8m (2m on shelves for Holiday).

VGC always underestimates PS3 software in EMEAA.

UK numbers (not all of Europe) were released, and it only did about 120k. UK is the biggest market in Europe. I believe it takes up a little over 20%. So that x5 would be around 600k.

Middle East and Asia are not that popular with video games, so I doubt they contributed much.

PS3 is bigger outside UK in EMEAA.

Middle East, Africa & Asia (37k) >  UK (25k)
Other Europe (40k) > UK  (25k)
France (20k)/Germany (21k)/Iberia (21k)/Italy 18k are selling little less than UK (25k).

So Uncharted sold way more in EMEAA than UK.

Edit - Add last week hardware numbers.

don't forget about pirates

and if UC3 is 1.5~1.8,than Batman AC should be 2.2~2.6 first week...oh,maybe

Pirates? LOL.

How many Batman AC was shipped for PS3??? 2.5m???

Well it sold 1.39m here... 1 million on shelves... U3 has now 2.5m on shelves.

And I guess Batman is undertracked too in EMEAA... I guess Black Ops is undertracked too in both (EMEAA and Americas).

That's just how things are here .

ah,after first week,Batman:AC had 2.8m on shelves

so i was said,why don't just wait,at least we will know US number from next month NPD

about Europe,we also likely get month ranking from GFK next month

firelink said:
This number is shipped.

However, one must realize, that shipping a lot of units to retailers does not always mean a good thing. When MHTri came to the states, Capcom shipped TONS of units to retailers, and they just sat on the shelves.

I believe the same thing is happening here. I noticed sites like Amazon are already discounting the game. It is very likely that retailers and e-tailers are overstocked.

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Sorry, are you serious?

Just because amazon (US) is selling the game for 52 and not 59 they are "discounting" it?

Amazon (US) is selling Modern Warfare 3 (which was release 2 days ago and sold record numvers) for 52, too.

Are they "discounting" the game as well?

And on amazon uk and germany uncharted 3 is still selling full price, while a game like forza 4 is already at 40€

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
firelink said:
ethomaz said:
firelink said:
This number is shipped.

I have another theory... of course retailers overstocked U3 for the Holidays but 3.8 million shipped to 1.2 million sold seems a little undertracked here.

For me VGC numbers are good in US ans way off in EMEAA... so the game may have sold more there than VGC thinks... 800-1000k is my bet just for EMEAA.

In total I guess U3 sold in first week somewhere between 1.5m and 1.8m (2m on shelves for Holiday).

VGC always underestimates PS3 software in EMEAA.

UK numbers (not all of Europe) were released, and it only did about 120k. UK is the biggest market in Europe. I believe it takes up a little over 20%. So that x5 would be around 600k.

Middle East and Asia are not that popular with video games, so I doubt they contributed much.

PS3 is bigger outside UK in EMEAA.

Middle East, Africa & Asia (37k) >  UK (25k)
Other Europe (40k) > UK  (25k)
France (20k)/Germany (21k)/Iberia (21k)/Italy 18k are selling little less than UK (25k).

So Uncharted sold way more in EMEAA than UK.

Edit - Add last week hardware numbers.

don't forget about pirates

and if UC3 is 1.5~1.8,than Batman AC should be 2.2~2.6 first week...oh,maybe

Pirates? LOL.

How many Batman AC was shipped for PS3??? 2.5m???

Well it sold 1.39m here... 1 million on shelves... U3 has now 2.5m on shelves.

And I guess Batman is undertracked too in EMEAA... I guess Black Ops is undertracked too in both (EMEAA and Americas).

That's just how things are here .

ah,after first week,Batman:AC had 2.8m on shelves

so i was said,why don't just wait,at least we will know US number from next month NPD

about Europe,we also likely get month ranking from GFK next month

I checked the numbers.

Batman AC had 1.6m on shelves in first week for PS3 (assuming 50% for each console).

Don't compare shipped number for 360 and PS3 together... you have to look just for PS3.

UC3 will sell 2.5m this month WW easly, so 1.3m left for December. Can it do it? It will have to sell 260k on average to reach 3.8m figure.

Around the Network

That shipment should be alright for the rest of the Year.

Great numbers

Full PR.

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception™ day one global sales of 3.8 million units. The PlayStation®3 exclusive title – released to universal critical acclaim (Metacritic: 92*) – has smashed sales expectations to become one of the best-selling titles of 2011, putting the third instalment on a clear course to be the biggest selling game in the trilogy.

Nick Caplin Head of Communications at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe commented, “Uncharted 3 is a blockbuster and these incredible sales figures reflect that. Consumers are clearly as eager to play the game as critics were to heap praise upon it, and the team at Naughty Dog deserve this fantastic reception at retail. The Uncharted series, exclusive to PlayStation®3, has redefined the third-person adventure genre and is now one of the leading franchises available.”"

Ok. Some of you guys might not have been following the sales thread recently. Take Japan for example. Uncharted 3 already outsold the lifetime sales of uncharted 2 with just 1 week.

Uncharted 3 -124.989 first week. (Media-create)
Uncharted 2 - 88,813 LTD not counting the budget release.(Famitsu no.).

It did great on UK also. Look at the recent PAL thread there is estimate numbers there.
02. UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION - SONY COMPUTER ENT. (NEW) ~116,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32484768&postcount=101

Comparison between UC 2 and UC 3.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4293919

I am very please that Uncharted series is growing and Sony might finally got another flagship title aside from GT.

PS: This numbers might be shipped but we can't deny the fact that Sony shipped 3.8 copies of UC 3 is remarkable and great.

pezus said:

N4G - Uncharted sells 3.8 million units on day one: 

Pezus: "This isn't about being a fanboy or whatever but Sony is (almost) always talking about shipments when they say sold because that's what shipments mean to them; They sell them to retailers and get money. 

Same goes for almost every company, except when they quote an offficial tracker (NPD, Media-Create etc.)"

Agrees: 3 - Disagrees: 7 (so far)

Another comment on the same article:

fucadastates: "no uk is NOT the biggest software seller in eu for consoles. thats germany.. but who cares about that."

Agrees: 7 - Disagrees: 1 

Why do I bother?

ignore it

UC2 sold 128k in UK and not 116 (90%), so it did beat UC3 sales in Japan. And in the long run UK sales will much bigger then Japan.