By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will be the suprise game of the year? (sales)

jstam said:

gta4 and halo3 are hardly leftfield predictions kwaad

and yes any system

I misread that. I thought you said console sales.

If that's the case I would say Heavenly Sword. (God of War 2 might win it too, but it wouldnt be a suprise) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

what about the brain training game for wii? if it does as good as the ds version, it can be big!

Redspear, origin and superchunk were right : Wii health will be the surprise game of this year (very long seller, as brain training)...  (and seriously GTA4 and  Halo 3 or even Mario Galaxy, won't be SURPRISE game...).

By the way : Wii health release date is july, in japan (according famitsu) 

Wii Fit / Health Pack, no question.

When this game arrives we might see a Wii craze that nobody could´ve ever expected. And together released with Wii Music and Wii Sports and Wii Play still selling 15-20k a week in Japan the Wii might even sell better than DS.

This is gonna outsell both Final Fantasy and SUper Mario Galaxy in Japan I guess... let´s wait and see but as someone mentioned: diet craze...

I don't think that Uncharted will be a huge suprise, all the recent Naughty Dog games have been amazin. For the suprise I would go for Killzone, I think the reason we haven't seen it for so long is that Sony are working so hard on it to make sure that it is as good as that footage.

add me

Around the Network

I say Mario Party 8. This game will probably be the best-selling game of that franchise. The games lost quality because Nintendo released one each year and so people stopped buying it. But with the wii, it seems as if the franchise could get something like a new start. And around those gamers somewhere between hardcore and casual Mario Party is still a good name and most of them had a lot of fun with this game at some multiplayer parties. I expect this game to sell approximate a million per territory.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I think that Dewey's Adventure (Wii) is going to do extremely well in sales this year.

Harry Potter Wii.

the Wii is an epidemic.