By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what will be the suprise game of the year? (sales)

Wii Health will be the big one that no one expects, like Brain Training was for DS last year.

Around the Network

Uncharted, good chance it becomes the huge Xmas PS3 title.

Touch the Dead!

I guy can hope right? 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Hus said:

havent heard much about this game, what can we expect from it hus?

also, maybe i just havent noticed the games they've released but m$ and sony just dont seem to be releasing anything other than established genres at the moment, surely they'd realize what games are selling on the ds right now and be trying to cash in on it as well? (talking more about the brain training games etc)

jstam said:
Hus said:

havent heard much about this game, what can we expect from it hus?

tomb raider type of thing.. action .. advanture its got guns.  Naughty dog quality, kick ass graphics.

Around the Network

Uncharted, the April issue of Game Informer had a big thing on it, it looks really good.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

FishyJoe said:
I'll take a longshot, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting. Hardcore gamers will laugh at me, but something like this could become a pop hit.

last i heard the project was in limbo with search for developers.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

I think Dragon Quest Swords could (potentially) be a big surprise to a lot of people ...

Besides that I would say that My Sims and Batalian Wars II could have unusually high sales if they're well executed.

GTA will obviously not be a surprise hit because if it sells less than 8 Million copies accross all platforms it would be considered a failure.

Kwaad said:
I all platforms are counted, GTA4. If only a single platform. I say Halo3.
Both Halo 3 and GTA IV aren't really surprises. If the almost impossible scenario happen and both tank, that counts a surprise, yes.

I'll also predict Bob Ross Painting for the Wii, a la Napoleon Dynamite kind of popularity. It's so bad it's great.

I don't think there will be any, considering all the other quality-titles coming out. 2006 was Gears, but 2006 was almost emptied of good games.