By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 05th November 2011

wow,good PS3 numbers,my new one will be included next week,couldn't afford a silver one although i wanted it

U3 is great ww for a tps if you ask me,sure its not gears but that is insane FW numbers

being in the shops this week is like being in COD world it is crazy the people buying it,so many,my shop had a stall with camo nets and so much extras,it is the mother of all hd games,it is an event now

i'd expect the 360 to be above the PS3 next week personally,ww i mean

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Ail said:
At the current rythm PS3 sales will pass up Wii sales in 341 weeks !
Go PS3, Go ! You can do it !

341 divided by 52 =6.5 years

2011+6.5=2017.5

In that time it will be April 9th 2017

But

2006+10=2016 (Because of the ten year plan)
PS3 will be discontinued  by November 2016
There is a error in this problem 2016<2017

I believe this won't happen sir!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Very good week overall, excellent for PS3, it shifted to Ludicrous Speed! XB360 is the only HW down.

Excellent launch for UC3. Curiously, heavy advertisement for it in Italy started this week, AFTER the launch, with almost nothing to be seen on TV before, but maybe the floods in Genoa stole the spotlight so much that anything else passed almost unnoticed...

GT5 grows again a little!
F4 keeps on being a lot stronger in EMEAA than in America! And the ratio between the two regions sales keeps on being higher than at launch, F4 is more front loaded in America, it starts showing better legs elsewhere, instead.
Kinect grows, but not as much as one would expect given the heavy advertising.
Just Dance 3 is eating alive Dance Central 2, despite the huge advertising pushing the latter. DC2 is already out of the Top50 and now even the old JD2 is outselling it.
Balance Board drops a little and now it's behind Kinect, but Nintendo in these days is advertising mainly Mario Kart Wii bundle, and the results are coming, Wii outsells XB360 again.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Buzzi said:
There's a small chance of 3DS first WW this week, some japanese retailers are claiming 2.5 the sales of last week, but PS3 should have a boost too due to BF3 and UC3.

Great week in EMEAA for everyone though.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

reviniente said:
D-Joe said:
Euphoria14 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
amaral_slb said:
The PS3 with a big chance of selling 350k this week, with a 70k lead over 360 and a 100k lead on the Wii.

I am officially very intrigued by next weeks numbers. No doubt the 360 will go crazy, but people are underestimating the effect it will have on the PS3 also. It will be closer then what happened last year when Black ops dropped (140k worldwide).

PS3 is a monster in EMEAA right now

yea i think BF3 wk proved that with PS3 leading by 30k despite a massive 360 hardware boost. next wk will be interesting indeed. everyone is looking at next wk.

i don't want to jump the gun here but if PS3 manages to outsell 360 by any margin next wk, i don't see 360 beating PS3 any wk for the rest of the yr. black friday and the wk of Christmas will be very interesting indeed.

I would agree with you only due to the fact that not only is CoD a stronger seller on the 360, but also the fact that this week (As well as last week) the 360 has $50-$100 giftcards with XBox360 purchases at just about every major retailer in the US. This goes for Kinect and Non-Kinect SKUs.

If it can't beat the PS3 with all of that I don't see how it will beat it at all.

oh i remember,Kinect holiday bundle come out this week

i think next week will beat PS3 but just a little(best case=20k)

Don't forget 'bout this one.

you should say dont forget Skyrim...

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
Wow at the rate the PS3 is going it's going to start selling more in EMEAA than the 360 will WW and it will sell more WW than the 360+Wii together.

So now EMEAA sells more consoles than the America's during the holidays?

well EMEAA is a lot of countries, against the sales of America

Yeah but usually America's sells more than all of EMEAA in any given year, especially during the Christmas season.

Times change, or data is now tracked better in EMEAA

Lol actually I knew the answer to my question. Yes the America's sells more console hardware then EMEAA and this year most likely won't be any different.

ok.....

PS3 is turning out to be a beast

kowenicki said:
thehusbo said:
i still see ps3 ahead of xbox next week. people seem to forget that mw3 is also on ps3.. there are also silver and white ps3's coming out next week. xbox will be ahead comfortably in america but that lead will be balanced out when emeaa and japan numbers are released.

and if you knew the background to that you would know that it will have no effect whatsoevr

and instead of making smartass insinuations you may consider sharing your background wisdom with the unenlightened ones?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

killeryoshis said:
Ail said:
At the current rythm PS3 sales will pass up Wii sales in 341 weeks !
Go PS3, Go ! You can do it !

341 divided by 52 =6.5 years

2011+6.5=2017.5

In that time it will be April 9th 2017

But

2006+10=2016 (Because of the ten year plan)
PS3 will be discontinued  by November 2016
There is a error in this problem 2016<2017

I believe this won't happen sir!

but but but...there is still the chance that the Wii will have negative sales! when the people return them to the stores to be taken apart on the factories!

it can happen! i am sure of it!!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

D-Joe said:
reviniente said:
D-Joe said:
Euphoria14 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
amaral_slb said:
The PS3 with a big chance of selling 350k this week, with a 70k lead over 360 and a 100k lead on the Wii.

I am officially very intrigued by next weeks numbers. No doubt the 360 will go crazy, but people are underestimating the effect it will have on the PS3 also. It will be closer then what happened last year when Black ops dropped (140k worldwide).

PS3 is a monster in EMEAA right now

yea i think BF3 wk proved that with PS3 leading by 30k despite a massive 360 hardware boost. next wk will be interesting indeed. everyone is looking at next wk.

i don't want to jump the gun here but if PS3 manages to outsell 360 by any margin next wk, i don't see 360 beating PS3 any wk for the rest of the yr. black friday and the wk of Christmas will be very interesting indeed.

I would agree with you only due to the fact that not only is CoD a stronger seller on the 360, but also the fact that this week (As well as last week) the 360 has $50-$100 giftcards with XBox360 purchases at just about every major retailer in the US. This goes for Kinect and Non-Kinect SKUs.

If it can't beat the PS3 with all of that I don't see how it will beat it at all.

oh i remember,Kinect holiday bundle come out this week

i think next week will beat PS3 but just a little(best case=20k)

Don't forget 'bout this one.

you should say dont forget Skyrim...

Yes... Skyrim! But no bundle. I mean, if you discuss X360 bundles, don't forget 'bout the X360 MW3 bundle.