By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA 05th November 2011

lordmandeep said:
Uncharted did well, should sell well for a while.

I expected BF to be more popular overseas.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
PS3 Domination begins!

Next week new White and Silver PS3 colors in Europe, PS3 sales will go trough tha roof! I LOL at people that think new colors won't have much effect. Look at PS2 back then! PS2 did crazy in Europe with that Satin Silver, Blue and Pink colors!

Explain what "through the roof" means to you.

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
Turkish said:
PS3 Domination begins!

Next week new White and Silver PS3 colors in Europe, PS3 sales will go trough tha roof! I LOL at people that think new colors won't have much effect. Look at PS2 back then! PS2 did crazy in Europe with that Satin Silver, Blue and Pink colors!

Explain what "through the roof" means to you.

Dominating in EMEAA (as usual)

I'm trying to get an estimate from him. like +50, +100, +200, ect.

yo_john117 said:
Wow at the rate the PS3 is going it's going to start selling more in EMEAA than the 360 will WW and it will sell more WW than the 360+Wii together.

So now EMEAA sells more consoles than the America's during the holidays?

well EMEAA is a lot of countries, against the sales of America

phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
Wow at the rate the PS3 is going it's going to start selling more in EMEAA than the 360 will WW and it will sell more WW than the 360+Wii together.

Yeah but usually America's sells more than all of EMEAA in any given year, especially during the Christmas season.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah but usually America's sells more than all of EMEAA in any given year, especially during the Christmas season.

Times change, or data is now tracked better in EMEAA

phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:
phinch1 said:
yo_john117 said:

Times change, or data is now tracked better in EMEAA

Lol actually I knew the answer to my question. Yes the America's sells more console hardware then EMEAA and this year most likely won't be any different.

Great numbers for the PS3.

thx1139 said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
360 down and everything else up... sorry... but no.

It's the Uncharted 3 effect. The game made it pretty obvious that the PS3 is futureproof while the 360 is not, thus dampening the interest in Microsoft's console. Since all other systems aren't in direct competition with the PS3, their sales were not affected.

Great Uncharted 3 has caused Sony to stop work on the PS4

Oooh... touché, thx.

D-Joe said:
Euphoria14 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
amaral_slb said:
The PS3 with a big chance of selling 350k this week, with a 70k lead over 360 and a 100k lead on the Wii.

I am officially very intrigued by next weeks numbers. No doubt the 360 will go crazy, but people are underestimating the effect it will have on the PS3 also. It will be closer then what happened last year when Black ops dropped (140k worldwide).

PS3 is a monster in EMEAA right now

yea i think BF3 wk proved that with PS3 leading by 30k despite a massive 360 hardware boost. next wk will be interesting indeed. everyone is looking at next wk.

i don't want to jump the gun here but if PS3 manages to outsell 360 by any margin next wk, i don't see 360 beating PS3 any wk for the rest of the yr. black friday and the wk of Christmas will be very interesting indeed.

I would agree with you only due to the fact that not only is CoD a stronger seller on the 360, but also the fact that this week (As well as last week) the 360 has $50-$100 giftcards with XBox360 purchases at just about every major retailer in the US. This goes for Kinect and Non-Kinect SKUs.

If it can't beat the PS3 with all of that I don't see how it will beat it at all.

oh i remember,Kinect holiday bundle come out this week

i think next week will beat PS3 but just a little(best case=20k)

Don't forget 'bout this one.