By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ITT: We talk about our biggest disappointments of the Year so far

Dragon Age II, although I did finish it twice I found it a let down compared to the first one, although some aspects such as combat I've enjoyed more - the same scenery over and over again has totally killed the game for me. All shit goes down in the same basement and cliffside..

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

@Mr Khan: I kinda knew I wasn't going to like NMH so I wasn't really let down by it. Really, I bought it so I could see hot video game women in their underwear. I didn't even unlock that stuff because it was so boring.

L.A. Noire: Illogical plot twists + repetitive gameplay = DISASTER

Dragon Age 2: Fuck that game

No More Heroes: I only played the demo and that was more than enough.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: MVC 2 came out a decade ago, and this is 10 years behind it.

Deus Ex: Just a yellow, boring game.......with boxes. Still gonna beat it though.

LIMBO: People only think it's good because they don't know any better.

White Knight Chronicles 2: Yeah, I bought it. Yeah, it sucks.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Ya know... it's been a slow video game year for me thus far... but it's still been a good one to me. No major disappointments thus far. But if I was to name a few games that were just a bit of a downer... it would have to be:

Mortal Kombat: Story mode can die a horrible death. Shao Khan can rot for all I care.

Soul of Darkness: I wasn't expecting too much, and it was an above average game. So no harm done really.

I did find the first Infamous quite boring and also did not find Mirror's Edge that engaging. They are nowhere near being bad games though. Also i didn't feel like finishing GTA4 but i guess i am in the majority with over 70-80% of people not finishing it.

Around the Network

Nintendo of America is on my shit list.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Marvel vs Capcom 3

EA this year. After getting on my good books with Mirror's Edge and a couple of others, they had to go ruin things with the whole Origin lark, they are back on the boycott list ¬_¬

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Eh I haven't been very disappointed this year but I guess I will say Dragon Age 2. It took a step back in my eyes, but it was still a good game.

Time for some different ideas.

Brink - Parkour-infused shooter looked promising, then ended up being poor to mediocre thanks to a hollow campaign and lag-ridden online.

Bulletstorm - This game looked like brainless fun. But it ended up being just brainless.

Crysis 2 - Wasn't this game supposed to be the tits? It wasn't.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin