By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ITT: We talk about our biggest disappointments of the Year so far

For me, the biggest let down will be the bad sales of some of my greatest games, leading to the fact that their will be no sequel.

Game #1: Shadow of the damned. Man! I loved it but it was the biggest flop (regarding sales) I have ever seen.
Game #2: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but I have the feeling it will not sell well. Too bad because I am playing almost non-stop since friday. It is very "true" to the LOTR lore and atmosphere.

I am sad and maybe weird for enjoying those games so much.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

Dragon Age 2.

Destroyed a potentially good series, after the massive backlash DA2 got the DA series is finished.

Player1x3 said:
brendude13 said:
Cirio said:

As much as I hate saying this, so far it has been Uncharted 3.

I'm going to have to agree with this, it was an amazing game, it just didn't blow Uncharted 2 out of the water like I expected it to, it let me down in a lot of ways.

I've got nothing else to list really, haven't played much this year.

One would have to be very naive to think any game would blow uncharted 2 out of the water, be that even uncharted 3. Once, I was done with UC2, I knew i reached the peak of gaming pleasure and satisfaction that will probably never get topped. Its usually always like this in trilogies, its always the 2nd product that is the most shocking and gets most praised

god this!! U2 was the only game i ever played that i did NOT want them to make a sequel, just becasue i knew they would not top it. I have only played campaign and it is good, but it just does not have the epic feeling of U2. Still better than the original, maybe the MP is a leap, havent touched it yet.

LA Noire. The game was amazing, it is definitely the most different game I've played this gen. But I guess I was expecting there to be more to a Rockstar game, because once you finish the story there is really nothing to do in the game, the city is pretty dead.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Dead space 2

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

OT im gonna sound like a broken record, but NMH paradise. I know its a port but the PS3 version (move edition) and i cant figure for the life of me how anyone could give this game and 8 or more.
The 3D in 3DS, its just not all that, ive played several games and none if blown be away. I played SSF4 and people told me the 3d in that game is just subtle, try pilotwings, i did and it was better but i still turned it off. DOA, Zelda, they were just ok. Nintendogs 3D was horrible it was like one of those comic books that had a holographic cover that was all the rage in the 90s

Killzone 3. The first game I traded in to Gamestop for store credit since Velvet Assassin. Granted, it was my first foray into the Killzone universe but I could not get into that game. Who knew so much noise, gunfire, and explosions (punctuated by a bland cast of characters) could be so boring? I wanted to see the best graphics possible (according to many) but I didn't even get far enough to see that. The online just felt like Call of Duty Lite. Maybe if I knew what the hell was going on......

I can acknowledge that it was a good game with high production values but I knew, early on, that I simply wasn't having fun. $60+ down the drain.

Reading other posts-
- I hated L.A. Noire, too! Bought it on day 1. Never finished it. Not engaging at all. And Cole Phelps is the most boring character, ever. Sentence fragments are.
-No More Heroes (PS3). I got NMH on the Wii and didn't play it very much. Then, I got NMH2 and it was the same story. So why did I think NMH Paradise would be any different? It wasn't. I played it for a few hours and haven't touched it in weeks.

Player1x3 said:
brendude13 said:
Cirio said:

As much as I hate saying this, so far it has been Uncharted 3.

I'm going to have to agree with this, it was an amazing game, it just didn't blow Uncharted 2 out of the water like I expected it to, it let me down in a lot of ways.

I've got nothing else to list really, haven't played much this year.

One would have to be very naive to think any game would blow uncharted 2 out of the water, be that even uncharted 3. Once, I was done with UC2, I knew i reached the peak of gaming pleasure and satisfaction that will probably never get topped. Its usually always like this in trilogies, its always the 2nd product that is the most shocking and gets most praised

I thought it could be topped easily, I just wanted Uncharted 2 but with a much stronger story and more epic set pieces. After watching the trailers, that's what I thought Uncharted 3 was going to be. Uncharted 3 did give us a story which I thought at times was pretty damn good, but sometimes it just fell apart. As for the epic set pieces, it delivered here too, especially with the desert chapters, but at other times I found the set piece very bland. Uncharted 3 was inconsistent, when it was at its best, it was far better than Uncharted 2, but when it was at its worst, it was far worse than Uncharted 2. At the moment I would have to say both games are as good as eachother, but Uncharted 3 had so much more potential.

d21lewis said:
Reading other posts-
- I hated L.A. Noire, too! Bought it on day 1. Never finished it. Not engaging at all. And Cole Phelps is the most boring character, ever. Sentence fragments are.
-No More Heroes (PS3). I got NMH on the Wii and didn't play it very much. Then, I got NMH2 and it was the same story. So why did I think NMH Paradise would be any different? It wasn't. I played it for a few hours and haven't touched it in weeks.

Regarding NMH, isn't that your fault?

Get to work wanking that laser sword!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.