By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ITT: We talk about our biggest disappointments of the Year so far

PS Vita missing the holidays.

Around the Network

Probably Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, rented it and played about 10 hours. It was not the next coming of jesus as people told me it was. People hyped it up for me way too much. I just couldn't get into it at all.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Xenoblade and The Last Story

Can something be "Amazing" and "Disappointing" at the same time? Surely that's an oxymoron is it not?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

brendude13 said:
Cirio said:

As much as I hate saying this, so far it has been Uncharted 3.

I'm going to have to agree with this, it was an amazing game, it just didn't blow Uncharted 2 out of the water like I expected it to, it let me down in a lot of ways.

I've got nothing else to list really, haven't played much this year.

One would have to be very naive to think any game would blow uncharted 2 out of the water, be that even uncharted 3. Once, I was done with UC2, I knew i reached the peak of gaming pleasure and satisfaction that will probably never get topped. Its usually always like this in trilogies, its always the 2nd product that is the most shocking and gets most praised

Around the Network

i would say socom 4 ..and the jagged Motorstorm Apocalypse launch date ..and ps3s confirmation of not being able to get cross game chat ..and 360 basically having no games(exclusive retail) throughout 2011 ..and the rushed 3ds launch along with its battery life ..and psvita being confirmed to have a similar battery life as the 3ds(though a bit more understandable due to it's power) ..and this year's E3(all 3)

cant think of anything else at the moment

dragon age 2. loved the game, but its a step backward

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Machina said:

Dead Space 2.

God it's boring. Played half of it at the time and literally couldn't find the drive to play it again for several months, though I did finally manage to claw my way through the rest of it this month. Somehow they managed to cut out all the tedious backtracking (well, I say all... make that most) that plagued the first game, but still made it just as dull. Wish I hadn't bought it.

edit - the post above me unintentionally reminded me of how much of a let down MotorStorm: Apocalypse was. They basically killed my enthusiasm for the franchise with that game. Awful sequel - the worst game in the series (and yes, I'm including Arctic Edge). Hmmm, tough choice between Dead Space 2 and MotorStorm: Apocalypse then. Guess I'll go with both.

I fully agree with Motorsorm Apocalypse. Way too chaotic with a really annoying story mode that makes you do all the races 1 after the other with not even a choice of vehicle. It does not compare to the first 2 at all.

Pixeljunk shooter 2 was pretty disappointing too after the excellent first 1. It started off good but then the relaxing puzzle gameplay of the first was completely replaced by chasing you around the levels with no way back. I have not finished it since it makes you collect enough gems first before you are allowed to continue, which don't count if you don't complete the whole section again, including boss battles.

Not so much the games that disspointed me this year but rather my consoles themselves. Early in the year i pick up ME2 on PS3, played only for about 15 hours or so and then my 80 GB PS3 goes YloD on me. The little secret eject technique doesn't work so i had to pry all the little screws out, rip the PS3 apart just to get my disc back.

As if this wasn't enough the very next day a friend of mine calls and says he just got an Xbox 360 and wanted to play a game online. So we played Gears 2 online for about an hour or so then my system freezes up. So i do a power cycle and boom Rrod on the 360.

Now here's the real kick in the balls, i bought both systems around the same time with a 3 yr warranty and both crap out on me 1 month after the 3 year warranty expired!

Due to financial constraints I have only re-bought the PS3 thus far, still haven't got a new 360 yet. I likely will get a new one when i see a good deal or gift card promo come up. Hopefully Futureshop or Walmart will have one on for the Holidays since there the only video game retailers located close to me..

Ugh can't remember what games i played the first half of the year... I feel like their was a game that dissapointed me so much but can't remember it.