By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW3 goes for controversy again - minor spoilers

Tagged games:

Oh i passed that part in campaign, it's not that bad.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

That was very cheesy, didn't they do this on Homefront?

meh. if some dudes came out of the truck and gunned the kid down while her parents stood by, crying for their loss before they killed the parents, THAT would be controversial. this was relatively tame. Hell, once the 'splosion happens...well...you can't see anything and nobody's there. not very emotional.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I think if they did a repeat of No Russian then it would not be well received.

Runa216 said:
meh. if some dudes came out of the truck and gunned the kid down while her parents stood by, crying for their loss before they killed the parents, THAT would be controversial. this was relatively tame. Hell, once the 'splosion happens...well...you can't see anything and nobody's there. not very emotional.

i'd go with sliting her mother throat infront of her daughter and then kill the kid after a trauma, yeah , japanese style emotional scene ..

hey why don't those games get any "Controversy" ? 

Around the Network

It seems like a cheap way of invoking emotion into a story that lacks any.

Not a big deal at all. I thought the kid was going to get shot, not just some explosion.

Those kinds of games are not mainstream or not played by young players, so that level of violence is expected.

Its like in the big summer blockbuster and there is some bad violence and people complain, but no one cares about the violence in a R rated Horror film.

Marks said:
Not a big deal at all. I thought the kid was going to get shot, not just some explosion.

Yeah, I thought guys were going to come out the back of the truck and start opening fire.

that's nothing at all.

no blood, no guts, no issue for me.

frankly, this is actually more real life than airport killing

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)