By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 92-Year-Old Woman Denied Alcohol for Failing to Prove She was Over 18...

Tagged games:

Girl was likely just following store policy. I work in Target, and we have to ID for any age restricted item, no exceptions. It's not even something we could just skip if we don't feel like following policy that day. When an age restricted item gets scanned, the machine actually blocks us from continuing until an ID gets scanned. We can type in the birthday but if we do that we need to get a supervisor to override it.

Around the Network

lol that reminds me of the time I bought a game that was over 18's the guy at the checkout says "I shouldnt be selling you this because I know your not 18" I laught and said ya I know im 20

I get ask to show ID as well. It doesn't matter where I go, and I'm 26.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

As a person who worked in a convenience store. It does not matter if your age 102. If we don't ask you for ID and you don't show it then we get fucking fired. I'm not going to lose my job for some dumb broad who wants to get blitzed on some booze.

It's not that we don't want to sell you the beer. It's that we can't. It doesn't matter if it is common sense or not.

Each time I go to the United States and buy games or alcohol, they ask me to show an ID Card. It's annoying. Funny thing is, I show them my Mexico city driver's licence, which doesn't has my age on it, but they always accept it.

Around the Network

I'm 25, but I look 30, as a third of my hair is white/gray already. In most places when I show them my id they just laugh at me, since I look so old. The 10th time this happened I decided to stop botehring keeeping an id on me, but there have been some employers who refuse to dell me alcohol because I don't have my id on me. It's pretty ridiculous.
It's one thing to fall the rules, and another to act retarded.

I'm in the UK, at University, which means we get a lot of international students. Many places don't accept ID unless it's a UK driving license or British passport... international students with visas, identification, even foreign passports, have been refused.

I got carded at the age of 22 to buy MW2, and my girlfriend regularly gets carded for rated-R movies (shes 22 also). Then on the other hand you have my friend, who could buy beer and not get carded at 18 because he has a full beard and was starting to go bald in high school.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

miz1q2w3e said:
That's ridiculous imo >_>

Hmmm... maybe it's not all that ridiculous!

badgenome said:
miz1q2w3e said:
That's ridiculous imo >_>

Hmmm... maybe it's not all that ridiculous!

How in the world did you find that? If it was Galaki who found that piece of internet journalism it would be ok but you?

ot: policy is policy.. can't risk a 1000 euro fine.. maybe she was an inspector.. 3 times not asking for an iD and the store is caught you'll lose the right to sell liquor in the Netherlands..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)