By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 and 360 Head-to-Head for the First Quarter

Lost tears of Kain said:

inFamous. said:
Uncharted, Resistance, HeavenlySword, MotorStorm..all unproven fresh Ip's, all MAJOR successes for Sony thus far. Haze, with the amount of hype and current status of gameplay looks to be shaping up exactly the same, hit.

Big successes ehh, not one was a AAA exclusive, they sold like crap, haze i will expect more but those were NOT big hits

Sony has had massive success with original ip's in the first year out on the next generation market. No gimmicks, just great games that look next-gen, play next-gen, and feel next-gen. So any stupid comments about haze being "unproven" are hollow.

I wont argue this, i dont think people should judge games before they are out, however, all 3 company have had games that are next gen.

Let's not forget, the overwhelming majority of those games are ALL available on PC, much like Gears, Halo, Bioshock...basically 360 has no true exclusives, unlike it's competitors. So let's not get this thread twisted with delusions of grandeur from xbox fans.

And how much is PC really going to steal so many sales, and yes there are quite a few games that will not go to pc, and heck if they did not really anyone cares, barely a percentage of the population has computers that can play them

As for the first quarter of 2008, the only question remains..how badly will the xbox360 be outsold by both Wii & PlayStation3.

Badly? You do understand its one of the slowest dates of the year, heck look at front page, the huge others bonus sony had on MS is over, and i expect NA to be about the same, with ps3 barely winning.

360 either lost by a decent margin, tied or barely managed to beat out PS3 week after week towards the end of 2007...x360 "amazing" exclusives did absolutely NOTHING for x360 in Europe an Japan...so use your head lol.

And the ps3 had to have 2 PRICECUTS in half a year just to keep up with the 360, how do you feel about that? 

Im looking for this weeks sales figure, last week x360 got wacked big time, not even america could save xbox lol.

Yea well i didnt know 60k was big time wack, because even if it sales that much more then 360 non stop it would take almost 2 years for ps3 to catch up.  Use your head.

Alright i bolded it

Come on now. Don't bring it ignorance. Motorstorm and Resistance are both over 2 million. Uncharted and HS are both over 750k.

That is not selling like crap. Lair at 250k is selling like crap.

EDIT: come on now someone fix this list. 3 three of those games are on PC and Frontlines is also on the PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
To be honest, the only game that interests me of all those is MLB 08 The Show.

same here

Munkeh111 said:
Frontlines in not a 360 exclusive, Universe at War, Supreme Commander and World in Conflict are all on PC. Bully is on PS2

So according to this logic, UT3 doesn't count for PS3 (it's on PC, too).  Also, Ninja Gaiden Sigma doesn't count for PS3 (It's on Xbox).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@thekitchensink

Though you are obviously trying to state "they count as exclusives"

I think you are proving everyones point. They arent exclusives. So someone fix the list.

@lost tears of Kain 1 price cut. in 1 year. Count the discontinues and new models seperate.

@starcraft Haze is unproven... I didnt know those xbox titles you listed were awesome million console sellers. and GT5:P Is not underperforming its pretty much up to par.

@leni YAWN

@yojimbo I agree.

@Outlaw Thanks for stating facts.

outlawauron said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

inFamous. said:
Uncharted, Resistance, HeavenlySword, MotorStorm..all unproven fresh Ip's, all MAJOR successes for Sony thus far. Haze, with the amount of hype and current status of gameplay looks to be shaping up exactly the same, hit.

Big successes ehh, not one was a AAA exclusive, they sold like crap, haze i will expect more but those were NOT big hits

Sony has had massive success with original ip's in the first year out on the next generation market. No gimmicks, just great games that look next-gen, play next-gen, and feel next-gen. So any stupid comments about haze being "unproven" are hollow.

I wont argue this, i dont think people should judge games before they are out, however, all 3 company have had games that are next gen.

Let's not forget, the overwhelming majority of those games are ALL available on PC, much like Gears, Halo, Bioshock...basically 360 has no true exclusives, unlike it's competitors. So let's not get this thread twisted with delusions of grandeur from xbox fans.

And how much is PC really going to steal so many sales, and yes there are quite a few games that will not go to pc, and heck if they did not really anyone cares, barely a percentage of the population has computers that can play them

As for the first quarter of 2008, the only question remains..how badly will the xbox360 be outsold by both Wii & PlayStation3.

Badly? You do understand its one of the slowest dates of the year, heck look at front page, the huge others bonus sony had on MS is over, and i expect NA to be about the same, with ps3 barely winning.

360 either lost by a decent margin, tied or barely managed to beat out PS3 week after week towards the end of 2007...x360 "amazing" exclusives did absolutely NOTHING for x360 in Europe an Japan...so use your head lol.

And the ps3 had to have 2 PRICECUTS in half a year just to keep up with the 360, how do you feel about that?

Im looking for this weeks sales figure, last week x360 got wacked big time, not even america could save xbox lol.

Yea well i didnt know 60k was big time wack, because even if it sales that much more then 360 non stop it would take almost 2 years for ps3 to catch up. Use your head.

Alright i bolded it

Come on now. Don't bring it ignorance. Motorstorm and Resistance are both over 2 million. Uncharted and HS are both over 750k.

That is not selling like crap. Lair at 250k is selling like crap.

EDIT: come on now someone fix this list. 3 three of those games are on PC and Frontlines is also on the PS3.

Motorstorm and Resistance are both included in PS3 bundles 

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

Around the Network

@ starcraftIsn't kingdom under fire cod sh*t? It got panned on most sites didnt it?

How can you think if you don't know enough words?

How do you know what I think until you hear what I say.

Both by Vygotsky

PSN addy- solojohlo

There's only 2 360 games I'll definitely get in that line up are Bully, because I never got around to getting it, I hope it doesn't get renamed here like the original did, but no doubt it will and Lost Odyssey, because the artistic style is intriguing me.

2 games I'm hoping will be good (because the 360 is in desperate need of japanese love) are Spectral Force 3 and Culdept Saga, though I think the latter will flop.

@inFamous.: I think you're exaggerating a little bit there. The only one close to a AAA title is Resistance. Uncharted isn't a "fresh ip" because there's not much original about it (story or gameplay wise). Ditto Heavenly sword, generic gameplay, a rather comical story because it takes itself too seriously and debunk AI don't make a successful game. Motorstorm was a good game, I'll give you that, but it was just good, it wasn't great nor was it ground breaking.

In terms of sales success, only games you could really consider successes were Resistance and Motorstorm (which was bundled with PS3's later on) and possibly Uncharted. The first two games you could say were successes, but it'd be a stretch (particularly for Uncharted) to call them "MAJOR successes for sony".
I'm surprised there was no mention of Warhawk, because that was easily better then Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword.

Next thing you'll say that Lair is GOTY.. because that's blatant fanboyism right there.

The 360 will do fine in America where it will probably outsell the ps3. However I don't see it's situation improving in Europe and Japan so overall I expect the ps3 to outperform it.

more hardcore for the xbox360, GREAT !

none of these games are system seller that what people dont understand because none is exclusive.
there is only Lost Odyssey left but since the game is average/good ...

at the opposite Tekken6/GT5pro/Haze are all exclusive ...

NOTE : if u care of the WW market then u should add in Japan :
Yakuza3 a PS3 exclusive game that could push the hardware higher than Tekken6/DMC4 combined.
and what about Eternel Sonata in Japan too ?

Time to Work !

It seems it's a case of quality vs quantity for the first quarter of 08' exclusives.

Some great multiplatform games coming out. I'm interested in seeing DMC4 sales.

I doubt Tekken 6 will see a first quarter release.