By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PS3 and 360 Head-to-Head for the First Quarter

To be honest neither list 'lights my fire'. 360 side lot of average games IMO (and one's I've played yonks ago like Dark Messiah and Bully).

PS3 side don't like beat em ups (although I do think Tekken will sell well) and I'm happy to wait for full GT5. Haze I'll wait for the reviews (although I hadn't realised the developers came from Goldeneye stable so I do feel myself thinking how bad can it be with those guys behind it?).

Looks like potentially barren Q1 for 'exclusives' - they only two that could prove interesting are Haze and Lost O.

Around the Network

ps3 have AAA titles in its list, but i'm not interested in them

Hmmm... another "meh" quarter, i'm only looking forward to Lost Odyssey and DMC4.

Also this goes to everyone who's saying that console exclusivity doesn't matter, do you even understand what you're saying? They may not be exclusives but they are console exclusives, the fact that PS3 owners can't get their hands on soooo many games is a big blow to Sony, they may not be AAA titles but they really help to build a great library.

gamingdevil said:
Hmmm... another "meh" quarter, i'm only looking forward to Lost Odyssey and DMC4.

Also this goes to everyone who's saying that console exclusivity doesn't matter, do you even understand what you're saying? They may not be exclusives but they are console exclusives, the fact that PS3 owners can't get their hands on soooo many games is a big blow to Sony, they may not be AAA titles but they really help to build a great library.

I don't think anybody will be losing sleep over that list.

^ have you heard the phrase "quantity over quality"? It worked during the last two gens and seems to be working now.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
rocketpig said:
Bully is coming to the 360... Why?

I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. It has new added content and better graphics (even if they didn't go all out with it).

"didn't go all out with it" is not really strong enough a phrase to explain how little they changed the graphics

NeoRatt said:

Taken from Gamestop's web site this is head to head titles shipping for both PS3 and 360 this quarter:

Army of Two, Battlefield Bad Company, Burnout Paradise, Condemned 2, Conflict Dark Sector, Denied Ops., Destroy All Humans 3, Devil May Cry 4, Dynasty Warriors 6, FIFA Street 3, Karaoke Revolution, LOST, Major League Baseball 2K8, NFL Tour, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Sega Super Stars Tennis, The Club, Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Turok, Viking Battle for Asgard, and Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2008.

PS3 also gets two titles on 360 already… They are: History Channel Battle for Pacific (Received brutal reviews), and Lost Planet Extreme Condition…

Following is a list of exclusives / timed exclusives during the quarter…

PS3360
Tekken 6Kingdom Under Fire CoD
MLB 08 The ShowJumper
Gran Turismo 5 PrologueCuldcept Saga
HazeThe Spiderwick Chronicles

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Lost Odyssey

Supreme Commander

Frontlines Fuel of War

Universe at War

Bully Scholarship Edition

Warhammer Battle March

Sammarai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends

World in Conflict

Command & Conquer Kane’s Wraith

Spectral Force 3
Comments?
  Impossible, I keep hearing the 360 is out of games.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

The 360 will win easily, I suspect that it will outsell the ps3 by 7,000 to 1. While the wii outsels the 360/ps3 by 1,000,000 to 1

- leo-j

mM

Lost odyssey is the only appealing exclusive I see on this list.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Has anyone played the Dark messiah demo, it sucks, and its years behind oblivion which came out in 06. The kingdom under fire demo is also pretty crappy, both games are not even worth a mention. Along with most of the other games on the list.