By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting Modern Warfare 3?

Tagged games:

Are you getting MW3?

Yes 165 54.10%

No 140 45.90%

Total:305

i already have it on Steam (you get CoD 4 if you pre-bought it)

edit: woah, i just looked at the comments, and ironically, i am now the only one who "Buying" it even though i always voiced my opinion on overrated/linear/blockbuster games.

you guys are hypocrites!! , i bet if this was an exclusive you would all praise it like Gears and Uncharted

PS : not saying they're all the same quality

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

edit: woah, i just looked at the comments, and ironically, i am now the only one who "Buying" it even though i always voiced my opinion on overrated/linear/blockbuster games.

you guys are hypocrites!! , i bet if this was an exclusive you would all praise it like Gears and Uncharted

Well saved by the PS, otherwise a shitstorm would have ensued .

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NO!

Switch!!!

PullusPardus said:

Nah.  I fucking hated Killzone 3 (The only game I've traded in for store credit in years!), Resistance 3 was met with a resounding "Meh", and I have little interest in Halo Anniversary.  Crysis, Battlefield, and any other FPS get the cold shoulder from me, too.  It just feels like I've been there and done that over and over again.

Oh, and I've beaten Gears 3 and Batman  and I'm playing Uncharted and there is a TON of things wrong with all three games (though they are all quality titles)!  I'm just going to wait until later (maybe months later) to voice my grievances.

d21lewis said:
Nope. I got Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, and Black Ops. I skipped all of the others. The online is the big draw and it feels exactly the same, year by year. I probably won't buy another CoD until 2013.

Too many other great games to buy, anyway. In the past two months, I got Gears of War 3, Resident Evil 4, Starfox 64 3d, Gunstringer, Dance Central 2, Batman Arkham City, and Uncharted 3. I still have to get WWE 12, Zelda, Saints Row 3, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7. No need for CoD after all of that!

Let me get this straight. You wont' get the new Call of Duty game because it feels exactly the same every year(not that you would know since you haven't bought all of them) but you're buying WWE '12?

Looking at your collection you also bought WWE 2011. Aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite?

Around the Network
VGKing said:
d21lewis said:
Nope. I got Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, and Black Ops. I skipped all of the others. The online is the big draw and it feels exactly the same, year by year. I probably won't buy another CoD until 2013.

Too many other great games to buy, anyway. In the past two months, I got Gears of War 3, Resident Evil 4, Starfox 64 3d, Gunstringer, Dance Central 2, Batman Arkham City, and Uncharted 3. I still have to get WWE 12, Zelda, Saints Row 3, Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7. No need for CoD after all of that!

Let me get this straight. You wont' get the new Call of Duty game because it feels exactly the same every year(not that you would know since you haven't bought all of them) but you're buying WWE '12?

Looking at your collection you also bought WWE 2011. Aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite?

Bought =/= played.  If you check my gamertag/PS3, you'll see that I skipped a few WWE games for that exact reason (I'm a huge WWE fan, btw).  I could probably dig up a lot of posts where I said I wasn't going to buy WWE 12 because of issues that they refused to fix, year after year.  I saw a video about things being fixed this year and decided to buy it.  You'll also see (going to XBL or Playstation.com and checking my gamertag/PSN ID) that I actually played (but do not own) Modern Warfare 2 on 360 and World at War on PS3.  Didn't think they were worth the purchase.

Or, you could go a few posts down and see that I'm not buying Call of Duty because I'm not a big FPS fan.  Either, or.  I think I posted that I didn't buy Bioshock 2, Fallout, Oblivion, Borderlands, and a ton of other games because I don't like the first person perspective.  The only games I really tolerate the first person perspective from are Metroid Prime, Halo (skipped ODST, skipping Anniversary), and.....uhh.

VGKing said:
d21lewis said:

In fact, I just googled d21lewis WWE VGChartz and found my hypocritcalosificationacity: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87505/could-wwe-12-be-the-wrestling-game-that-fans-want/

Read my comments.

d21lewis said:
VGKing said:
d21lewis said:

In fact, I just googled d21lewis WWE VGChartz and found my hypocritcalosificationacity: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/87505/could-wwe-12-be-the-wrestling-game-that-fans-want/

Read my comments.

Sorry for not doing enough research on you :/

Hyped like a BAOSS for MW3. Can't wait to get online and start pwning some noobs, even busted out my copy of MW2 to get some practice in and have been in the top 3 (mostly 1) for 90% of the games.

Looking for the best deal atm to get the game day one. Didn't pre-order because although retailers say the game will arrive on the day of release, I have had previous issues with games arriving a day or 2 late. If anyone else lives in the UK and knows some good deals, please do share.

I'm not getting it because I prefer battlefield. COD 4 is one of my favourite games of all time but after that the series just became silly...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"